Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personal Testimony regarding New Age/Occult/Evolution and the downward spiral

Default Personal Testimony regarding New Age/Occult/Evolution and the downward spiral

I thought I would share personal experience of my life up till I was saved in October and how this world got this way because of the lies from Satan. I apologize for any rambling and also am not promoting any of these satanic lies but just to share where I was. So armor on Ephesians 6:10-18

When I was a kid in school I attended a protestant church. Evolution being the main focus in schools. I did my best to stick to the Word but as a naïve child I was easily swayed by the "who says a day of creation to God didn't mean a million in human time?' All it takes for the bucket to start losing water is a crack in it. By not studying the Bible and proper science it eventually lead to a point where I questioned everything in it even Jesus Christ since after all "man" wrote the Bible.
    What I was unaware of at the time was that little bit of doubt was all that was needed for Satan to shatter me.

Time goes by and I am eventually lead into yoga. With the chanting and controlled breathing of it what seems innocent on the outside is definitely not. What I "learned" in yoga was how to channel my "spirit energy" and focus and become "one with the universe" which after all was quite appeasing since now at this time I believe myself to be but an insignificant speck in it. Looking back I can see what I was doing was "ritualistic chanting" and channeling demons. People are eager to reject the idea of channeling demons because of the "peace" it brings but it's still poison in the carrot. I "learned" from this the need to "unite and love and tolerate" this world and live in peace.

After now my second indoctrination I went looking for the world's answers on the afterlife. What I found was enough to keep me away from the Truth. Quantum Mechanics, spirit energy, and a plethora of answers. Needless to say not one lead to Christ. In fact, they all made it clear that He was the wrong one. Allah, Buddha, Hinduism and "Jesus is one way to get to God" but not one way accepted that Jesus was the only way. What I learned from watching the news (religiously) was that "evangelicals" are nut jobs. I know the truth now but that's not were I was at.

When I started looking into New Age I started looking into Alistair Crowley and Thelma (New Age really is Thelma but mild). I'm not going to preach their messages but there are a couple of points I do want to make. Symbolism means everything and everything is meant to expose it to people frequently enough that eventually it becomes normal, accepted and even practiced. There were a couple of things that I realized while practicing it that made me start to look elsewhere.

1) Christians are absolutely not accepted. It baffled me how Muslims, Jewish Hindu and whatever were ok but destroying Christianity was a number one objective. A big part of it is internally by means of infiltration. That was something that now as we see "churches" preaching New Age ideology with some "Jesus on top" it's obvious.

2) If you go back and look at what a lot of some of the nastiest people in history believed New Age is at the center. Hitler believed in all of the above and used propaganda to weaken his people and get them on board. If not force was authorized.

Those two things had me start rethinking my approach about the Bible. The reason I point out the two above is because God showed Himself to me when I was seeking Him how these two things are leading us to the Revelation One World Religion and the antichrist WILL use force to demand worship.

The other reason I bring this up is recently there has been a lot of talk and buzz regarding Lady Gaga and her Super Bowl performance. One of the things I implore people to do is look at how music is heavily focused on

1) "Star child" themes
    2) animalistic behavior (violence, sexual immorality and doing what YOU want)
    3) love and tolerance

You definitely need to research and look into what an artist believes in and the lyrical content of a song. Because of the world's thirsting for "enlightenment" their ears get tickled when they say god in a song. A look into their lyrics/personal life easily will show whom most of them mean. There are now "Christian" churches who even preach becoming one with god and those churches are bigger than Biblically sound churches.

This post may have little relevance to long time members but to Lurkers or anyone who stumbles upon it maybe it will help. All the answers ARE in the Bible. There is more than enough science to back up and reasonably support it. Cling to your Bible. If God is with us no one can be against us!
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Hey brother BT, thank you for sharing that with us. I think that it's always important for us to keep in mind that what we write on the forum can be viewed by a lurker who is searching.

While I was reading that a song came to mind. It's a Slow Fade, by Casting Crowns. It always starts small, doesn't it. I know that's how it was for me concerning times of struggles. Praise the Father for never giving up on his children though!

Years ago our old church bought some dvds called They Sold Their Souls to Rock and Roll. They talked a lot about how and when the New Age infiltrated music, and that guy, Alistair Crowley, gave me the serious heeby jeebies. I couldn't get his ugly face out of my mind for weeks. 😨
    The dvd series opened my eyes to how satan has really taken control of the music industry. And honestly, I personally think that some of the Christian artists have sold out as well. We have wolves behind pulpits, in pews, and writing books, so who's to say they're not in music too?

Quote Originally Posted by Koalie View Post
    Hey brother BT, thank you for sharing that with us. I think that it's always important for us to keep in mind that what we write on the forum can be viewed by a lurker who is searching.

While I was reading that a song came to mind. It's a Slow Fade, by Casting Crowns. It always starts small, doesn't it. I know that's how it was for me concerning times of struggles. Praise the Father for never giving up on his children though!

Years ago our old church bought some dvds called They Sold Their Souls to Rock and Roll. They talked a lot about how and when the New Age infiltrated music, and that guy, Alistair Crowley, gave me the serious heeby jeebies. I couldn't get his ugly face out of my mind for weeks. 
    The dvd series opened my eyes to how satan has really taken control of the music industry. And honestly, I personally think that some of the Christian artists have sold out as well. We have wolves behind pulpits, in pews, and writing books, so who's to say they're not in music too?
    Thank you Koalie! On a side note recently I've always wondered if perhaps I was saved back along time ago and He kicked me back to my senses but that's a question for Jesus when I see Him!

The heart of the matter with Crowley was he did create and devise plans to destroy Christianity and yes it did include means of infiltration of the church in order to manipulate and destroy it.

One other point from Thelma is there is an absolute abundance of twisted scripture and rituals that are centered around scriptures NOT PROMOTING IT. ITS ALL FALSE!! But there is an absolute fascination with Solomon's temple, the two pillars of Samson, and channeling of all the demons mentioned that were expelled in the Bible. That sick man took on the name "666" because they view the tree of knowledge as a gift and we should strive to be as god's.

If your watching a current age music video and the Holy Spirit is making you sick for watching it God is watching out for His children.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Great testimony! Am I reading it correctly that you just came to Christ a few months ago? If so, welcome to the family!

I knew of Crowley and his influence on some artists, but didn't realize how many out there seem to idolize him. I knew about Jimmy Page, but a quick search on this surprised me with some of the others, such as Darryl Hall? The Beatles? ugh.

The amazing thing is Crowley was upfront about what he was peddling and somehow so many decide to go along with it. Falling for the same lie that Adam and Eve did, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by greg64 View Post
    Great testimony! Am I reading it correctly that you just came to Christ a few months ago? If so, welcome to the family!

I knew of Crowley and his influence on some artists, but didn't realize how many out there seem to idolize him. I knew about Jimmy Page, but a quick search on this surprised me with some of the others, such as Darryl Hall? The Beatles? ugh.

The amazing thing is Crowley was upfront about what he was peddling and somehow so many decide to go along with it. Falling for the same lie that Adam and Eve did, I guess.
    Yup! I was saved back in late October 2016. A very humbled and broken man! Greatest Gift EVER!!

With the old days connections Charles Manson, Beach Boys also. There's a Thelmatic reason why during those years drugs like acid MDMA were highly used.

One of the things with how influential Crowley was is it never stopped! Marina Abramavic was around back when I was into it. Her name has popped up a lot recently but I remember her name and she actually was around a lot of musical artists I listened to back then including hip hop and rap (artists like Jay-Z Kanye West and Beyoncé just top from the 2000's). Marina is able to to be as public these days because she labels it as "performing arts" but she is performing Thelmatic rituals.

Before I talk about the next part, understand that in Crowley's days he was still criticized. Unfortunately his plan has slowly crept into everyday life (mainly due to evolution teaching and Christianity having a muzzle which was planned) but now they can openly acknowledge god.

Geometrical patterns and energy channeling are big. Music is as well because music is meant to be sound vibration manipulation. So when you see a music video there are things they are conveying especially when you start listening to what their music means.

Lady Gaga has strong ties to Marina. I bring her up because she just did the half time show and I see a lot of Christians accepting of her not understanding what she really is about. She started off with her show "above the stars" and then she "fell from Heaven".

As Christians we are told in Epeshians 6:12

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

This is something back in my old days I believed and I could use them to attack others. And I was young and not fully into it so imagine what people like Lady Gaga who openly practice it (she has videos out of rituals) believe.

I watched a video recently of Marina making some kind of evil wafers. The openness of the evil was just astounding. It was being filmed as though it is "art".

Default Question on Yoga

So I have a question. My understanding of yoga is only physical. That is to say, I have never experienced it with the chanting or meditation stuff. Truthfully I have never tried it either BUT, my wife keeps insisting I should give it a go. I have back and neck problems do to extreme muscle tightness, brought on by my lack of exercise, and stress (I work and run one company and a nonprofit). And since yoga is basically advanced stretching....
    Now please understand, we're both Christians; I know yoga originated as a form of Hindu worship... but if I'm just exercising why should I care? I'm not trying to be flippant, but we celebrate Christmas with trees and some celebrate Easter with eggs. Why is this ok but certain types of exercise wrong? I mean I get how it could potentially confuse a baby Christian, but i have read nothing that has convicted me to steer clear in any research I have done. I don't buy into any of that chanting hocum or new age rubbish and I don't intend to. So really what's the harm? Again no disrespect or flippancy intended here, I just wanna make sure I'm not missing something.

I see it this way...yoga is used in the Hindu religion. The Hindu practicers say that you cannot separate the spiritual from the physical in yoga no matter how much we Westernize it. (I can find a quote on that later if you want). In 1 Corinthians, Paul says that "what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons." Yoga is passed off as exercise, but because it was designed to worship false gods, then I want no part in it. I think it was Dave Hunt who wrote a book about Christians and yoga. One thing he said that I remembered was that how can we practice something they use to reach their gods and be confident that we are also not going to reach their gods.
    Last edited by Wishing4; March 29th, 2017 at 11:55 AM. Reason: clarification
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
    So I have a question. My understanding of yoga is only physical. That is to say, I have never experienced it with the chanting or meditation stuff. Truthfully I have never tried it either BUT, my wife keeps insisting I should give it a go. I have back and neck problems do to extreme muscle tightness, brought on by my lack of exercise, and stress (I work and run one company and a nonprofit). And since yoga is basically advanced stretching....
    Now please understand, we're both Christians; I know yoga originated as a form of Hindu worship... but if I'm just exercising why should I care? I'm not trying to be flippant, but we celebrate Christmas with trees and some celebrate Easter with eggs. Why is this ok but certain types of exercise wrong? I mean I get how it could potentially confuse a baby Christian, but i have read nothing that has convicted me to steer clear in any research I have done. I don't buy into any of that chanting hocum or new age rubbish and I don't intend to. So really what's the harm? Again no disrespect or flippancy intended here, I just wanna make sure I'm not missing something.
    The Yoga I got into was the spirit energy pushing chi balance variation. I am a powerlifter. I do stretching. It's an important aspect of the sport. They are not the same thing. One is loosening up your muscles and the other one is "clearing your mind" and "being at piece and one with the world".

So what's the harm? Well there is most definitely a spiritual war going on so why open yourself up to it for starters? I wouldn't say after all my experience that chanting hokum and new age is rubbish. It's demonically driven. And once people feel good about all their new energy they've received from yoga people look into crystals and hello downward spiral. Namaste (said at the end of yoga sessions means "bowing to you" or the inner god in you).

And as far as comparing it to Christmas and Easter eggs I totally actually agree with! Just cause you clean off the pagan ritual (Jeremiah 10:1-5 for Christmas trees and painting of eggs goes all the way back to Baal worship and Esther where they colored the eggs in blood as a fertility ritual) and slap on some Christianity doesn't make it Christian. So taking yoga (a Hindu spiritual practice) and brushing off the Hinduism to make it more Christian friendly doesn't negate it's origins just like the trees and the eggs.

People can do as they see fit. I'm not the one on the Judgment throne. But where I stand it went from yoga<crystals/light energy<occult<spells so I don't encourage the practices and won't support it. If it's because someone thinks I was weak minded fine. But do you think Satan has signs out saying "eternal damnation this way" or uses subtly to twist things around? Doubt I'm the only one who ever fell for it and I wont be the last.

from: http://christiananswersforthenewage....stianYoga.html

What is Yoga? Yoga, a word tossed about so casually today in the West, is an umbrella term for many types of Yoga, and is an integral part of Hindu belief and practice. All forms of Yoga are part of a serious systematic spiritual path in Hinduism designed to lead one to realization of the self as divine, and to bypass the mind in order to yoke with Brahman, the Absolute.

The Yoga most practiced by Christians is Hatha Yoga. The poses themselves are often depictions of Hindu deities, and the hand positions mimic the hand positions seen on the statues of Hindu gods. These hand positions are called mudras and are thought to help manipulate and channel prana, a supposed divine force or breath of the universe.

Yoga has become really big at my daughter's school. Her PE teacher does some almost every day at the start of class. My daughter has other exercises that she does off to the side by herself. This teacher used to be a kindergarten teacher and was doing breathing and visualization stuff with her class. No one cares, and it makes me sad. Well, some of us spoke up and got the breathing and visualization stuff left out of the PE curriculum. I pray for all those kids.
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing4 View Post
    from: http://christiananswersforthenewage....stianYoga.html

Yoga has become really big at my daughter's school. Her PE teacher does some almost every day at the start of class. My daughter has other exercises that she does off to the side by herself. This teacher used to be a kindergarten teacher and was doing breathing and visualization stuff with her class. No one cares, and it makes me sad. Well, some of us spoke up and got the breathing and visualization stuff left out of the PE curriculum. I pray for all those kids.
    Thank you for finding that link!

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    Thank you for finding that link!
    You are welcome!

The Yoga I got into was the spirit energy pushing chi balance variation. I am a powerlifter. I do stretching. It's an important aspect of the sport. They are not the same thing. One is loosening up your muscles and the other one is "clearing your mind" and "being at piece and one with the world".

So what's the harm? Well there is most definitely a spiritual war going on so why open yourself up to it for starters? I wouldn't say after all my experience that chanting hokum and new age is rubbish. It's demonically driven. And once people feel good about all their new energy they've received from yoga people look into crystals and hello downward spiral. Namaste (said at the end of yoga sessions means "bowing to you" or the inner god in you).

And as far as comparing it to Christmas and Easter eggs I totally actually agree with! Just cause you clean off the pagan ritual (Jeremiah 10:1-5 for Christmas trees and painting of eggs goes all the way back to Baal worship and Esther where they colored the eggs in blood as a fertility ritual) and slap on some Christianity doesn't make it Christian. So taking yoga (a Hindu spiritual practice) and brushing off the Hinduism to make it more Christian friendly doesn't negate it's origins just like the trees and the eggs.

People can do as they see fit. I'm not the one on the Judgment throne. But where I stand it went from yoga<crystals/light energy<occult<spells so I don't encourage the practices and won't support it. If it's because someone thinks I was weak minded fine. But do you think Satan has signs out saying "eternal damnation this way" or uses subtly to twist things around? Doubt I'm the only one who ever fell for it and I wont be the last.
    {Mod Snip} My point about the Christmas trees and Easter eggs wasn't to condemn them, it was to show that you can take evil and use it for good. God has done it time and time again whether it was the Babylonians or even our sin addled selves when we perform an act of kindness.

Look I'm glad that you found Christ, I wish everybody would. But this world is dark enough without looking for Satan around every corner and behind every shadow. Let your light shine and don't let your past steal the joy of your present as a new creation in Christ. {Mod Snip} My trigger is certain types of music. As a teenager I loved Manson and Nine Inch Nails. Now, I don't listen to them bc I find their songs bit too over the edge for my liking. If that cranks someone else's cheese wheel though, I'm indifferent to it. The Holy Spirit convicts us all in different ways.

Thank you for the thought you put into your feedback though. I don't know you or what you've been through, so this may help you, or annoy you (I hope the former); but for what it's worth... you belong to Christ now. He paid a rather steep price for you. Nobody can ever snatch you from His hands; for if God is with us, who can be against us? It might sound silly, but it really puts things into perspective for me at least. I take a lot of solace from knowing that. I don't sweat the small stuff anymore and compared to God, it's all small stuff. Good luck BT, I'm glad you're on our side, now let's all go out and help one more get acquainted with their Saviour
    Last edited by Tall Timbers; March 29th, 2017 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Rule 10

Quote Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
    {Mod Snip}
    You misread me. I'm giving personal experience. From my own point of view and what I've experienced.

{Mod Snip}
    You didn't. Sorry for my post coming off that way. It was a broad general view of the world when people slip up they are presented as weak minded.

I guess I wasn't clear enough, I'm typing on my phone at work. All I was asking was if you're using the stretches for exercise what is the big deal?
    Again no issues with stretching. I have to as a powerlifter.

Im not talking about partaking in any of their "mystical" elements associated with it. I don't even know if I could, I start giggling way to easily. In any case i still have not read or been presented with compelling evidence to not try it.
    That's fine. We all make our own choices. Of all the theological issues within Christianity there are bigger fish to fry (like the new transgender pastor).

Edit: Went to Gotquestions for their response https://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-yoga.html

And my point about the Christmas trees and Easter eggs wasn't to condemn them, it was to show that you can take evil and use it for good. God has done it time and time again whether it was the Babylonians or even our sin adled selves when we perform an act of kindness.
    I have to strongly disagree here. There's difference between God changing the hearts of man and making a evil ritual or something along those lines good. We have this same logic being applied in the world (even among Christians) where median ship and communication with the dead is evil being used for God even though communication with the dead is strictly forbidden in the Bible. Leviticus 20:27; Deuteronomy 18:10-13

Please go and read the books of Kings. You can see how God felt about bringing in pagan rituals to His Worship. His Words. Not mine.

Look I'm glad that you found Christ, I wish everybody would.
    Agreed!

But this world is dark enough without looking for Satan around every corner and behind every shadow. Let your light shine and don't let your past steal the joy of your present as a new creation in Christ.
    Many Bible verses warn us about snares and traps set up by the Devil. Being mindful and attentive isn't a bad thing.1 Peter 5:8

{Mod Snip}
    Excuse me?? Now I'm a bit upset. Don't chastise me for my view point just cause I won't give you a cookie and send you off to yoga class. You asked a question. I answered. Take it how you want but I'm certainly entitled to my voice regarding this matter just as you. I certainly don't have to agree with you so you don't feel chastised.

My trigger is certain types of music. As a teenager I loved Manson and Nine Inch Nails. Now, I don't listen to them bc I find their songs bit too over the edge for my liking. If that cranks someone else's cheese wheel though, I'm indifferent to it. The Holy Spirit convicts us all in different ways.
    Just because Marilyn Manson doesn't trigger other Christians doesn't mean I'm gonna support them listening to it. I'll have you know I've attended many Korn, Slipknot and all the likes concerts and moshed and all that nonsense. By the Grace of God after I was saved I was in my gym and for some reason I kept skipping over these songs. I decided to look into it and if you don't see the wide usage of Pentagrams, Satanic lyrics (Slipknot has lyrics such as "if you're 555 I'm 666", there's no justifying away that) Marylyn Manson uses androgynous concepts (melding of male and female into a unisexual being) and the list goes on and on. I used to think the guitarist who left Korn was some uppity Christian, now I totally get what he was saying!

Thank you for the thought you put into your feedback though. I don't know you or what you've been through, so this may help you, or annoy you (I hope the former); but for what it's worth... you belong to Christ now. He paid a rather steep price for you. Nobody can ever snatch you from His hands; for if God is with us, who can be against us? It might sound silly, but it really puts things into perspective for me at least. I take a lot of solace from knowing that. I don't sweat the small stuff anymore and compared to God, it's all small stuff. Good luck BT, I'm glad you're on our side, now let's all go out and help one more get acquainted with their Saviour
    I understand the need for resting in His security He has provided. It has been a long lesson He has been working on with me. Grace is a Gift. I just do my best to get to understand His Word on how He wants me to behave because I feel closer to Him the more I get to know His Word.
    Last edited by Tall Timbers; March 29th, 2017 at 03:27 PM. Reason: snipped some quotes

My oldest daughter is into all of this new age stuff, aka worshipping Satan.

For me, I don't even like the word religion. Or what I mean, is that I agree with atheists, I HATE all "religion". Because all religion is in worship to Satan. What I believe in, is TRUTH. That truth is in the Bible. That truth is Jesus Christ. Everything else = religion, satan and man made, worship of Satan.

I've learned so much about new age. Because of my daughter, and also because I myself was demonically attacked for a period of time, due to me needing to change a thing about my life, me being intentionally out of God's Will. My problem was alcohol. And I was again and again "messing up", giving in and drinking after Jesus had clearly told me NO. Because I wasn't listening to Him, I was left open to attack.

When it comes to new age, it's very much Hindu based, as is yoga. The purpose of yoga is not physical fitness per say. That is a component, but even more so yoga is meant to open oneself up spiritually. When we meditate, do guided visualization, listen to certain kinds of music (vibrations), all of this nonsense out there, what it does is alter our state of consciousness. Hindu and also many new age people call it opening their spiritual eyes or "chakras". The ultimate goal is to open the pineal gland, the third eye chakra. Yoga is a means to accomplish that, opening chakras. So is anything that alters our state of consciousness. Alcohol, drugs, meditation, guided visualization all accomplish altered state of consciousness. Doors to our spiritual selves (chakras) ARE indeed opened. The same as we, who follow Jesus Christ, our "door" has been opened to Jesus, His Holy Spirit. Only difference is, we don't need to drink, chant, meditate, do any drug or alcohol, or in any other way alter our state of consciousness to open the door and let Jesus in. We need only pray and He is there; honestly, really meaning it, ask Him into our heart and if we've honestly done that He will come in and begin a great change in us. We'll find ourselves wanting to read His Word, pray, devote time to Him, please Him, not do the sins we used to. That is how we know He IS there and we do belong to Him (NOTHING can ever take us away from Him).

HOWEVER, if one is doing yoga, reiki, intentionally trying to lucid dream/astral project, any of this stuff which does alter one's state of consciousness, what that person is doing (even if Christians do it), they are opening themselves up to demonic attack. Because we are not to worship idols or willfully sin, when we do, Jesus is no longer guarding our "door" so to say. He is there, but He allows Satan to attack because we are doing that which we should not be doing. And yoga essentially = worshipping idols, altering consciousness to get in touch with one's spirit self, and it is all of it REAL. It is not hokum or rubbish, but is REAL as you and me. Believe me, I KNOW this because I have been attacked. It's just that what happened to me, I wasn't "willingly" or wanting to do it, wasn't doing yoga, or trying to lucid dream or anything like that... but it happened because I had a specific sin in my life which I very well knew was wrong yet I continued to do it, continued making excuses because I did not want to give it up. I would have to imagine that a Christian who gets extremely involved in yoga, or any other new age thing, the same is going to happen to them. And WHY on Earth would one want to open their spirit up for attack by Satan???

People who do not know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, when they do any of these types of activities, including yoga, and even if they *think* it's just for physical exercise, they are unwittingly opening doors to their spiritual selves and when Jesus is not there, the demons come running in to take up residence.

I believe that MANY people today are possessed by demons. It's not obvious, and the people themselves, most do not even know it (though some do know exactly what they are doing and intentionally invite demons in). Watch the news, or go to youtube and research. Crimes that are happening, the craziness all around us in this world, it's because these people are possessed. Just last night I was watching a video where some young adult literally cut his mother's head off with a butcher knife. He then called police and when they got there he was standing looking possessed (because he was), holding his mother's head in one hand and a butcher knife in the other. There are cases (Florida is a hotspot for it) where police literally CAN NOT subdue these people because in the words of police "they do not seem human". They have super human strength. I believe we are in end times because it is worse today (the crime) than it has ever been at any other time in history... school shootings, people ramming cars into crowds, and I could go on forever. Most of it, we never even hear about because the MSM are liars. You tube has a lot of information though.

I believe the same as BT. It's not for me to judge any person... if they put up a Christmas tree, dye Easter eggs, do yoga, listen to music that IMO is downright demonic, and whatever else. I'm hardly in a position to judge and I have my own sin and plenty enough of it to keep me busy, to do my best to try and live as Jesus wants me to. If a person's opinion is different than mine, that's ok, and I still love my brother/sister in Christ. I love them enough to warn them based upon things I have been through and also things I have learned the hard way. A person should have all information, and then can decide for themselves what they will/will not do. Ultimately, and especially for those of us who belong to Jesus... just that if we are doing wrong, even if not intentional, Jesus WILL correct us.

Here is a video about yoga from a young lady who used to be involved deep into new age and is now a follower of Jesus Christ. She's got many good videos. Also some I don't know that I agree with. I do agree with her on this one though. And all of us are sinners, and will be until we get to Heaven. None of us are going to be "right" on everything or have all the right answers. This is why we have the Holy Spirit to guide us and we walk closely always to Jesus so that HE will be the One opening our spiritual eyes, giving us discernment. Because the spiritual is heavy on this Earth right now. As a Christian I can feel it. Satan is unleashed and full force war is happening on this planet as I type this. We must put on the full armor of God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF1-ZOnf6ek

IMO: If one wants to exercise, go exercise! Stretch, walk, run, lift weights, knock yourself out! It's not demonic. But yoga, the definition of the word and the creation of the practice itself, it is demonic.

My understanding is that when one assumes the yoga poses you are worshiping the Hindu god. If one is a Christian, why would you want to worship the Hindu god????? This really baffles me. I once watched a video of a yogi (I think that is what you call them) and he was saying that when you do yoga it is a spiritual experience and that folks who think it is not do not really understand yoga. He also said that they have been shocked at how easy it has been to infiltrate the Christian church through Christians aligning themselves with yoga. Listening to a yogi talk about what yoga is was a very educational. I think folks should educate themselves about this issue especially as it is infiltrating our schools and even the military.

Question What is truth?

I once pondered on this for a long while, before I became a Christian, before I was a catholic and before I was a new ager. What is truth? the same question pontious pilate(?) asked Jesus on the cross. Before I became a Christian I loved the new age teaching, It was soooo ADDICTING. A lot of stuff, like spirit guides and most importantly the 5th dimension and new earth, ahh the beauty of excitement for what was too come. The more meditation I did the "higher" my consciousness expnded. I started having a sense of peace, that was until one of my best internet websites, simonarich.com (I dare yoou to go to it, before she was posting stuff all about spirit guides and yoga) Said that meditation, yoga and all that led to hell. I was surprised, after a long time of thinking and a lot of fear that maybe she was right, I left new age and became a catholic, and from gotquestions, I became a true chriistian.

Although while I was a catholic, I could refer to myself like the centurion who feared God, and because of that, was presented the gospel I think. God is not slack concerning his promises. He said "seek me, and you will find me", I don't remember the passage though. That is why I can NEVER EVER doubt the lord for more than an hour or two. because I have seen personally the deception and demonic energy of satan, and the saving power of Jesus Christ. Truly he is a God to serve. A just but VERY merciful God who loves his children.

I also found out (again I don't remember these passage details) about this in the bible "the heart is desperately wicked above all else who can trust it?" I questioned myself, if the heart is wicked, and new age teaches that you should use your heart for discernment, how can you trust it?

And later on, I found out, that I was also saved because of my awesome mother who prays for me every single night, praying for the blood of Jesus to always be over me (that's why the demons couldn't truly control me) bless her.

Thank you Jesus My lord and our only God!! To whom shall we go? praise to his mighty name!

Quote Originally Posted by edgar king View Post
    I once pondered on this for a long while, before I became a Christian, before I was a catholic and before I was a new ager. What is truth? the same question pontious pilate(?) asked Jesus on the cross. Before I became a Christian I loved the new age teaching, It was soooo ADDICTING. A lot of stuff, like spirit guides and most importantly the 5th dimension and new earth, ahh the beauty of excitement for what was too come. The more meditation I did the "higher" my consciousness expnded. I started having a sense of peace, that was until one of my best internet websites, simonarich.com (I dare yoou to go to it, before she was posting stuff all about spirit guides and yoga) Said that meditation, yoga and all that led to hell. I was surprised, after a long time of thinking and a lot of fear that maybe she was right, I left new age and became a catholic, and from gotquestions, I became a true chriistian.

Although while I was a catholic, I could refer to myself like the centurion who feared God, and because of that, was presented the gospel I think. God is not slack concerning his promises. He said "seek me, and you will find me", I don't remember the passage though. That is why I can NEVER EVER doubt the lord for more than an hour or two. because I have seen personally the deception and demonic energy of satan, and the saving power of Jesus Christ. Truly he is a God to serve. A just but VERY merciful God who loves his children.

I also found out (again I don't remember these passage details) about this in the bible "the heart is desperately wicked above all else who can trust it?" I questioned myself, if the heart is wicked, and new age teaches that you should use your heart for discernment, how can you trust it?

And later on, I found out, that I was also saved because of my awesome mother who prays for me every single night, praying for the blood of Jesus to always be over me (that's why the demons couldn't truly control me) bless her.

Thank you Jesus My lord and our only God!! To whom shall we go? praise to his mighty name!
    Welcome to RR forum! There are lots of great Christians here who believe Jesus is the ONLY way to God, and that He is indeed the one, true, God.

I was never into new age, but I have been demonically attacked, and so just like you, I KNOW Jesus is real. I know evil is real as I have seen it. And I know Jesus is real because He saved me from it, continues to, and whether Christians know it or not, He does continue to save all of us from attacks by satan and his minions. Satan stands at God's Throne accusing us, and he has lots to work with because we all of us do sin. But Jesus is also there at God's Throne, interceding for us, protecting us from satan's accusations and attacks. Because of what Jesus did when He died on the cross for us, shedding His perfect and sinless blood, and offering eternal forgiveness to anyone who will accept it; and His Blood covers the sin that is inherent in us, the sin that is a part of our DNA, in our blood since Adam and Eve corrupted us.

For those of us who know Jesus, one day we will indeed be perfect, just as God originally created us to be, as Adam and Eve were before they sinned. We will be like Jesus who is God become man, came to Earth and died for us, and 3 days later rose again perfect, immortal, in His God Given Glorified Body. We will one day have the same body, just like Jesus has now, and that is so exciting to think about!

Until we do though, we are saved by grace through Jesus, who is all merciful, whose shed human blood, except His blood was perfect instead of being corrupted like ours is, and His Blood covers our sinful flesh and blood, and because of that we can be reconciled to God! And God sees us just as He sees Jesus, as perfect! When one sits and truly thinks about it, what Jesus has done for us, there are just no words to express the gratitude felt, the love felt, the excitement, the amazing thing He did for us. Without Him, we would all of us have a one way ticket to Hell, no matter what. Because of Him we are redeemed!

Praise God that you have found Jesus, are no longer involved in the new age lie which leads straight to Hell, and no longer being deceived by Catholicism, which is also full of idol worship. I didn't know of Simona Rich when she was still a new ager, but I came across her on you tube because my daughter is currently involved, not sure how deeply, into all of this new age lies that Simona used to be involved in. I have watched her videos (not all of them), and I can tell that she knows Jesus now as her Lord and Savior, and I think God is using her to reach other people who are currently deceived by new age, to tell truth to them, and because of her past involvement she is able to better witness to other's who are still stuck in new age occult.

Just like your mom prayed for you, I pray for my daughter, and all of my children. I have faith in the Lord and I know that right now because of my prayers and my pleading to Him for the souls of my children, and especially my oldest who is in all this new age stuff, that He is protecting her. I also pray that whatever it takes, so be it, to show my oldest the only TRUTH, Jesus Christ. If it takes her being demonically attacked so that she will realize just how evil what she is doing is, let it happen. Because what is most important, is that she will turn to Jesus, and I believe we are indeed living in end times, and so time is running out.

Your mother's prayers didn't save you, Jesus did. Your mother's prayers surely helped though, as Jesus hears us and He answers the prayers of His Children whom He loves so very much. He is amazing! He is LORD! There is NO doubt and I praise Him for taking all the doubt I used to have away. I asked Him to and He did! Again, because He loves me (us) and He hears our prayers!

Default Thank you

Thanks for the info. God bless you

Thumbs up Right

"Your mother's prayers didn't save you, Jesus did".

very correct tiffany, Jesus did. Men am I lucky, my new approach if I see a new ager who can communicate with spirits is to start casting the demons out of them. When they die they will be expecting to enter the "5th dimension" but to their avail it will be someplace much much worse

Pride is a subtle disease
    arrogance is a subtle killer
    But rejection of truth is the mother of all deaths.
    I used to hate Christians, especially the roman catholics,, about their silly views about people going to hell if they didn't obey ALL COMMANDMENTS BEFORE DEATH. I never had a personal relationship with Jesus, that's why I delved into the evil occult, sugarcoated in honey.

Last thing, if your a pastor now (I'm aiming to be one if its Gods will) PREACH the gospel FIRST before all things to your church members before going into other church acivities, because if you don't, the devil may have his hand on them who are not saved, and that would be a bad thing.

[/QUOTE]