Thread: Jim Rogers predicts government control of currency and spending

Default Jim Rogers predicts government control of currency and spending

Do these people NOT read the bible?

https://www.rt.com/business/377307-j...-control-cash/

Quote from opening line in article: "The time will come when you won't be able to buy a cup of coffee without being traced, warns investment guru Jim Rogers. To control people, governments will increasingly seek to hunt down cash spending, he adds."

MODS: Can this be moved to 'last day ecology and economics' ? after a second reading of the article, that forum seems to fit better... thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MoreThanReady View Post
    Do these people NOT read the bible?

https://www.rt.com/business/377307-j...-control-cash/

Quote from opening line in article: "The time will come when you won't be able to buy a cup of coffee without being traced, warns investment guru Jim Rogers. To control people, governments will increasingly seek to hunt down cash spending, he adds."
    In the mean time, learn to barter

Yes. I read a while ago several European countries are paving the way to a cashless society, and America is watching.

Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

Default Mr.Rogers...

Even more interesting is his background... he is/was/has been affiliated with Soros and they started the Quantum group together. I've seen quite a few articles about him recently and how he's predicting that the govts of the world are colluding together to begin this cashless society to bring about a Global Govt. if anyone would be aware of the plays going on behind the scenes it would def be this man so I think his message most definitely holds a lot of weight

Quote Originally Posted by poc4dw View Post
    Yes. I read a while ago several European countries are paving the way to a cashless society, and America is watching.

Diane
    i think we may be doing more than watching.

This article reminds me that one Pastor I had told the congregation (many years ago), when the Beast Government declares a cashless society, in order to bring about the mark of the beast, people will welcome it, and think it is a good thing. Back in those days we had an over simplified view of what the Mark of the Beast would be, but I think he got that part right.

There has been a lot of propaganda in the past dozen years pushing people to think that a cashless society is the right way to go.
    (There was a push in the 90's also, but the Y2K thing put it on hold, as, for a while people realized how fragile our computing infrastructure is.)

http://time.com/money/4307717/getting-rid-of-cash/
    Calling for the elimination of cash is no longer the truly radical position it once was, and the need to eliminate of the most dangerous types of bills is becoming conventional wisdom. Sands's paper argues that abolishing high denomination bills, such as the $100 bill and €500 note, would impose a sizable cost on criminals trafficking large amounts of money by making transportation much more difficult. Crooks can easily tote $1 million in $100 bills in a single briefcase, for instance; the cash weighs just 22 lbs. But in $20 bills, that same $1 million would weigh 110 lbs. and fill four briefcases—too much for one courier to handle.

Former Treasury Secretary (and fellow Harvard scholar) Larry Summers endorsed Sands's conclusions in a recent article for the Washington Post, although he stopped short of calling for an end to paper money entirely, and the Financial Times reported in February that the European Central bank will gradually withdraw the €500 note from circulation.

Getting rid of cash isn't just about disrupting major organized crime. It’s also about limiting day-to-day street violence. Professor Wright and his colleagues studied crime statistics in Missouri during its mid-1990s transition from distributing federal welfare benefits via a cashable check to a preloaded debit card. After comparing areas that transitioned to debit cards with those that still provided cash benefits, they found moving away from cash was associated with a roughly 10% drop in the total crime rate.

Wright says criminals generally commit burglaries, larcenies, and theft-related assaults in order to get their hands on money they can use in the illegal economy. "You can’t buy drugs with a debit card," the professor explains. In other words, crime declined because there was less of what thieves wanted to steal. The evidence for cash's role in crime is strong enough that Wright supports getting rid of paper money wholesale—assuming there can be safeguards to allow transactions in the event of a major internet outage. "Getting rid of cash won’t stop all of this [crime] but it will slow it significantly," he says.

Harvard economics professor Kenneth Rogoff also supports eliminating cash, not just to thwart underground economies, but also to help improve economic policy.

Waiting for when a criminal cuts off someone's hand to surgically remove chip.

One world government
    One world religion
    Mark of the beast system.

2000 year old "fairytale" has a lot more weight doesn't it nay sayers?
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

2000 year old "fairytale" has a lot more weight doesn't it nay sayers?
    It's amazing to see all the Bible "fairy tales" happening. Prophecy is a huge validation of our Bible. Praise God!!

Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

[QUOTE=poc4dw;2627825]It's amazing to see all the Bible "fairy tales" happening. Prophecy is a huge validation of our Bible. Praise God!!

Amen Diane,AMEN !!!!
    Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Quote Originally Posted by poc4dw View Post
    It's amazing to see all the Bible "fairy tales" happening. Prophecy is a huge validation of our Bible. Praise God!!

Diane
    You remind me of a not too long ago time,

When I was struggling with the world view I was brought up in.

Countless hours spent studying world religions, looking for the straw to break the camels back.

Flipping through the the Bible,

the LORD lead me to Isaiah 41:21-26

Praise GOD the LORD Jesus Christ, the one who is, and is to come, the alpha and the omega. The first and the LAST!

Prophecy is the most powerful witness to the validity of the judeo-christian world view . . . . May the Holy Spirit lead us all into all TRUTH and RIGHTOUSNESS