Thread: Matthew 10:21 Brother will betray brother to death

Default Matthew 10:21 Brother will betray brother to death

With the left freaking out, the leaks in Washington and our ex president agitating I can't help but think this verse applies.
    Am I off base?
    The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

The time in focus is post rapture.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    Thank you...
    The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Thank you. I did not realize that. Post-rapture will not be a good time to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Thank you. I did not realize that. Post-rapture will not be a good time to be around.
    Definitely not! PTL for His mercy and grace.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

I'll tell you what, though: I can see the divide happening now when people would rather betray their loved ones than quit their ideology. The love of many is definitely growing cold.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieTuzi View Post
    I'll tell you what, though: I can see the divide happening now when people would rather betray their loved ones than quit their ideology. The love of many is definitely growing cold.
    I see it also.

I see it too. Never before have I seen so many leave social media due to disagreements.

Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

I agree also, can see that happening during this time. Hearts are growing cold and hard.

I think it also applied in those early days when the Gospel of the Grace of God was offered to Judah after the Ascension of our Lord Jesus Christ before Him calling Saul of Tarsus. Remember Saul was carrying authority from the leadership in Jerusalem to go to a foreign country and arrest those having faith in the Christ. Besides the extraordinary fact of Saul's commission, how would the Jerusalem
    authority know the names of those to be arrested and brought back in chains, except they had been turned in by their relatives?

Also throughout history anywhere Christians have been persecuted the authorities rely on family members to turn them in. While such will surely be true of the Beast's government, it plainly isn't limited to a futurist interpretation.

At the same time, I do not ascribe any prophetic import to President Trump, his supporters or his detractors. But I rather expect we may be watching the beginning of the end of the United States as a world power.

Marvin

Hi Steve,

I just read matt 10, I do not see the focus as being post rapture, can you elaborate as to why you think so?

Matt 10:23 in mind? is Jesus talking directly to the Disciples, or can we extrapolate and isolate this message to the believers post rapture? why?

Cheers!

-Joshua

Quote Originally Posted by yehoshua View Post
    Hi Steve,

I just read matt 10, I do not see the focus as being post rapture, can you elaborate as to why you think so?

Matt 10:23 in mind? is Jesus talking directly to the Disciples, or can we extrapolate and isolate this message to the believers post rapture? why?

Cheers!

-Joshua
    On my tablet so will link to Jack Kelley as I concur with what he says here: https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bib...ply-to-us-now/
    Does Matt. 10:21-23 Apply To Us Now?

A. Jesus began by preparing the disciples for their first missionary journey (Matt. 10:5-16). In verses 17-20 He was looking ahead to the time after His death and resurrection, and Matt. 10:21-22 have to do with the end of the age when the anti-Christ tries to destroy the Jewish people altogether. Notice how Matt. 10:21-22 compares with Matt. 24: 9-13. Several times the same words and phrases are used in both, and Matt. 24:9-13 is clearly about the end of the age.
    Jesus was speaking specifically to His disciples but Matt. 10:21-23 was directed through them to Jews who accept Jesus as their Savior after the Church is gone. We know this because the Church does not have to stand firm to the end to be saved. Our salvation was guaranteed from the moment we first believed (Ephes. 1:13-14). No such promise will be given to post-Church believers.

The fact that even Christian hearts are growing cold is, in a crazy way, comforting to me because it means we are that much closer to going home! There aren't many Christians around here where I live but those who are are so misguided. Looking to the skies....how much longer, Lord?
    love in Christ Jesus & prayers,
    Lynda

I am ready to go!!!

I think the reason we are seeing people starting to act like those described in the tribulation is that the rapture will be very soon, and the crazed left that we see frothing at the mouth today are those who are going to be left behind and will become the hard-core wicked that Revelation describes as "those who dwell on the earth."
    I believe they are those spoken of here:
    2 Thes. 2:10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.
    2Th 2:11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,

Quote Originally Posted by sing4theLord View Post
    The fact that even Christian hearts are growing cold is, in a crazy way, comforting to me because it means we are that much closer to going home! There aren't many Christians around here where I live but those who are are so misguided. Looking to the skies....how much longer, Lord?
    It's a bitter sweet pill for sure.

However, it only further proves the Righteousness of God, the fact He won't lie, and proves when He grants Grace through faith alone we can cash the check immediately that payment was received in full through Our Savior Jesus Christ!!
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.