Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adultery and acceptance of the sinner

I guess I have always known this, but today it's like the Lord is really speaking to me.
    I need to back off with the criticism of my daughter's actions, because she is always on the defense in relation to me.
    I make it loud and clear I do not like the situation and yes, I'm ashamed, but I've made it personal in relation to how
    it makes ME feel. I do harp on her, yes I do and it needs to stop.
    If she's always on the defense, it's hard for the Holy Spirit conviction to occur...
    Appreciate your prayers, didn't know I would be convicted to change, thought the problems was all about her indiscretions.
    Your own "works", no matter how well intentioned...are all for nothing.
    Seek the Lord, put HIM first.

Please pray for Lindsey...that she will be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy S. View Post
    I guess I have always known this, but today it's like the Lord is really speaking to me.
    I need to back off with the criticism of my daughter's actions, because she is always on the defense in relation to me.
    I make it loud and clear I do not like the situation and yes, I'm ashamed, but I've made it personal in relation to how
    it makes ME feel. I do harp on her, yes I do and it needs to stop.
    If she's always on the defense, it's hard for the Holy Spirit conviction to occur...
    Appreciate your prayers, didn't know I would be convicted to change, thought the problems was all about her indiscretions.
    That is a fine bit of insight you have come upon, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post
    That is a fine bit of insight you have come upon, IMO.

Seconded
    1 Corinthians 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.