Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adultery and acceptance of the sinner

for all involved. The truth is if someone is willing to cheat with you, then they'll also be willing to cheat on you and neither your dd nor this man will ever be able to trust to each other. Neither would probably ever admit it, but there cannot be any trust between them and without trust what kind of relationship can they have? Statistically speaking, 67% of second marriages also end in divorce, and for third marriages 74% end in divorce. That said, these are two adults with free will to do what they want and as hard as it is, the only thing you can really do is pray for them and give it to God to handle.

Pray

🙏🏻 prayers for wisdom, salvation for those without, peace, and following the Lord's guidance for you, Cindy, and Lindsey, her ex/father of her kids, her married love interest, his wife, and all the kids involved in both families. Also that Lindsey can stay clean and make good decisions for her family and particularly her kids/your grandkids.
    Toots

Quote Originally Posted by TimeWarpWife View Post
    for all involved. The truth is if someone is willing to cheat with you, then they'll also be willing to cheat on you and neither your dd nor this man will ever be able to trust to each other. Neither would probably ever admit it, but there cannot be any trust between them and without trust what kind of relationship can they have? Statistically speaking, 67% of second marriages also end in divorce, and for third marriages 74% end in divorce. That said, these are two adults with free will to do what they want and as hard as it is, the only thing you can really do is pray for them and give it to God to handle.
    So true...in fact, her relationship with the kids father was the result of an affair, but now he is a self righteous, unforgiving, unbeliever.
    Only God can fix this.
    Please pray for Lindsey...that she will be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy S. View Post
    My daughter had an affair with a married man and seems he isnt going away as I have been praying.
    I know we are all sinners and I know how Jesus treated the woman caught in adultery.
    I am having trouble processing this. I could use wisdom.
    He has filed for divorce from his wife.
    He has kids and so does my daughter.
    I told her to never bring that homewrecker around me.
    I read ahead and saw where you feel she is not a true Christian. That means you need to deal with her just like you would with any lost person. I would not forbid her to come around even with him as long as they respect your beliefs, but I would make it clear to them both what scripture says and where you stand.

You mentioned the account of the woman taken in adultery in John 8. That is one of the most miss understood passage in scripture. Keep in mind that the Lord was NOT going against scripture when He said neither do I condemn you because adultery required the death penalty. He did not set that aside.

The scripture required at least two witness. They all left. So the Lord could not pass any judgment on her based on scripture. So donít try and feel like you need to just over look this , but at the same time treat them both like you would any lost persons.

This is her life so be careful you do not try and live it for her, and as long as they show you respect in regards to your faith be open to them both. You do not have to allow them to come and stay over night and sleep together or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by saved285 View Post
    I read ahead and saw where you feel she is not a true Christian. That means you need to deal with her just like you would with any lost person. I would not forbid her to come around even with him as long as they respect your beliefs, but I would make it clear to them both what scripture says and where you stand.

You mentioned the account of the woman taken in adultery in John 8. That is one of the most miss understood passage in scripture. Keep in mind that the Lord was NOT going against scripture when He said neither do I condemn you because adultery required the death penalty. He did not set that aside.

The scripture required at least two witness. They all left. So the Lord could not pass any judgment on her based on scripture. So donít try and feel like you need to just over look this , but at the same time treat them both like you would any lost persons.

This is her life so be careful you do not try and live it for her, and as long as they show you respect in regards to your faith be open to them both. You do not have to allow them to come and stay over night and sleep together or anything like that.
    Thankyou for your wisdom and advice.
    Please pray for Lindsey...that she will be saved.