Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adultery and acceptance of the sinner

I guess I have always known this, but today it's like the Lord is really speaking to me.
    I need to back off with the criticism of my daughter's actions, because she is always on the defense in relation to me.
    I make it loud and clear I do not like the situation and yes, I'm ashamed, but I've made it personal in relation to how
    it makes ME feel. I do harp on her, yes I do and it needs to stop.
    If she's always on the defense, it's hard for the Holy Spirit conviction to occur...
    Appreciate your prayers, didn't know I would be convicted to change, thought the problems was all about her indiscretions.
    Please pray for Lindsey...that she will be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy S. View Post
    I guess I have always known this, but today it's like the Lord is really speaking to me.
    I need to back off with the criticism of my daughter's actions, because she is always on the defense in relation to me.
    I make it loud and clear I do not like the situation and yes, I'm ashamed, but I've made it personal in relation to how
    it makes ME feel. I do harp on her, yes I do and it needs to stop.
    If she's always on the defense, it's hard for the Holy Spirit conviction to occur...
    Appreciate your prayers, didn't know I would be convicted to change, thought the problems was all about her indiscretions.
    That is a fine bit of insight you have come upon, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post

Seconded
    1 Corinthians 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    Seconded
    Agreed. So thankful that you are being sensitive to the Holy Spirit as He prompts you in this area. I think a lot of parents of grown children could learn from this, as well.

-Lynn

Praying for you Cindy and your family. I know how hard it is to be silent when raising children! I raised my niece and she rejected Jesus and the Bible during her teen years and young adult life, which grieved me so terribly. I was constantly witnessing to her, and at one point she told me she would NEVER accept Jesus if I kept talking to her about it. It broke my heart to hear this, so I actually prayed for the Lord to help me be silent. I prayed for the Lord to put a metal plate with rivets on my mouth and it worked! I know it was direct intervention from the Lord for me to be quiet about that subject!

I had been silent about witnessing to her for several years, and one day I saw her wearing a cross necklace that I had given her years before. I instantly asked her if she accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior and she said Yes. I hugged her and we both started crying so I know that the seeds I had planted finally grew!

I don't know your exact situation, but it sounds like your daughter really needs you in her life. She must look up to you and you are probably the most stable thing she has in her life. I will be praying for you and I agree with the others for you to lay this burden on Jesus's feet.

Thank you for your replies and your prayers.
    I prayed this morning for the Lord to put a watch over my mouth.
    I guess overwatered seeds do not sprout, but rot.

Praying for you dear sister as you find yourself growing in Christ through it all. Praying for Lindsey and the children as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalie View Post
    Praying for you dear sister as you find yourself growing in Christ through it all. Praying for Lindsey and the children as well.
    Thank you, means the world to me.

Wow, this thread hits home. My daughter will leave soon for college (somewhere, but we don't know where yet.) We've been arguing so much about it. I just want her to do what I want her to do. It's a control issue.

I prayed about a week ago and gave it to God. She's in His hands..my hope is He hears my prayers and accommodates, even though it's her life.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread!

Your SIC,
    Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

Quote Originally Posted by poc4dw View Post
    Wow, this thread hits home. My daughter will leave soon for college (somewhere, but we don't know where yet.) We've been arguing so much about it. I just want her to do what I want her to do. It's a control issue.

I prayed about a week ago and gave it to God. She's in His hands..my hope is He hears my prayers and accommodates, even though it's her life.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread!

Your SIC,
    Diane
    No worries, we are all in this together. I've given "it" to God so many times, only to take "it" back and try to handle it myself.
    I'm a slow learner and very impatient. Trials produce patience, you would think I would be refined by the fire by now.

The sooner you give up control (if you can), the better it will be for both of you. I won't tell you how long I've been trying to run my daughter's life.
    I think the more we try to control our kids, the more outrageous things they will do, trying to break free.
    If they have to pay their own consequences, they may think a little harder about their actions.

I'll be praying.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here