Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Death of Free Speech in America

Quote Originally Posted by Amazin Grace View Post
    Totally agree. Not gonna lie,it scares me a bit to think the tide could turn with a vengeance in 4 years.
    I have people in my own family tell me I am over the top and a Jesus freak....I don't want to imagine how others will see me ...those that actually hate what Christians stand for
    The Word says the world will hate us: Matt 10:22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
    I have received phone calls from a brother at midnite, that I was talking Jesus too much to mom & dad, both were RCC but said Jesus was not God , little brother jumped all over me while talking to him about salvation, said stop because one of his friends got saved and drove him nuts with Jesus. Mom & Dad are gone now, I talk very little to bro & sis but they know where I stand and who I stand with, no need to push the issue, but one day they may be open or have a ? I pray for them daily and all my relatives and friends. Also pray daily we are caught up in the twinkling, then the rapture letter on my fireplace mantel will be in play.
    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post

I have been advocating, for a few years now, that Christians need to be moving out of places like Chicago, Seattle, Baltimore, and Southern California, much like Lot should have picked up and left Sodom much sooner than he did, and Jeremiah warns God's people (in Chapter 51, I think) to leave Babylon.
    I have had the same sentiments with regards to Colorado but for different reason. When they legalized pot I just could not justify going there. My nephew went to University in Colorado for one year and then left. He hated it because the pot was everywhere and it stank everywhere. So, he left and went back to Chicago. I cannot believe all the Texans who go to Colorado to ski in the winter---alot of them are Christians that I know---I always say vote with your feet...

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    I have had the same sentiments with regards to Colorado but for different reason. When they legalized pot I just could not justify going there. My nephew went to University in Colorado for one year and then left. He hated it because the pot was everywhere and it stank everywhere. So, he left and went back to Chicago. I cannot believe all the Texans who go to Colorado to ski in the winter---alot of them are Christians that I know---I always say vote with your feet...
    Many Universities have joined in with the cesspool of liberalism that comes from multiple generations of post modern thinking. And in fact, it has gotten so bad that there are only a handful of Christian Universities and maybe two public universities that do not have leadership that is post modern when it comes to liberal values, and totally intolerant of conservative or Christian values.

At this point, I would not ever let any of my children or grandchildren go to any American Public University.

I made a list, a few years ago, of places I consider "Constitution Free Zones"

John Adams said "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.
    It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

The only moral foundation for the US is the Bible, and the US began going into apostasy around the 1890's. Today, there are places in the U.S. where the people and the government have both become so depraved that the Constitution is "wholly inadequate" for governance. These are places where both the people of the cities and their governments are so corrupt that a symbiotic relationship of corrupt tyranny and moral depravity is the best that can be hoped for until the return of our Christ.
    Walking in The Light of His Word.

Colleges and Universities are the breeding grounds for liberalism. I have a couple of nieces that used to be pretty conservative and when they graduated college they were flaming liberals. My niece, Jennifer, went to NYU to the tune of $ 250k and she completely rejects Jesus and thinks that as long as you are a "good" person you will go to heaven. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by fl2007rn View Post
    Colleges and Universities are the breeding grounds for liberalism. I have a couple of nieces that used to be pretty conservative and when they graduated college they were flaming liberals. My niece, Jennifer, went to NYU to the tune of $ 250k and she completely rejects Jesus and thinks that as long as you are a "good" person you will go to heaven. Sigh.
    What is frightening to me is how easily some of these young people are just converting g to the lies of the world.
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Quote Originally Posted by twisty58 View Post
    What is frightening to me is how easily some of these young people are just converting g to the lies of the world.
    Two things are in play. Youth and inexperience.

A younger person is more malleable, and many of these young people
    do not have a solid foundation in the Scriptures, to begin with.
    (Not slamming their parents - it is extremely difficult to get a young
    person today deeply indoctrinated in the Scriptures)

Mike Gallagher had Heather McDonald on his radio show this week. She is the author of The War on Cops and attempted to speak recently at Claremont College in CA. Apparently, it was a disaster. The cops hardly let anyone into the auditorium as they were afraid of what would happen to them. The Black Lives Matter crowd were there pounding on the windows and making a big scene. She took two questions---both by Skype questioners as they could not get into the auditorium so skyped in. She was then shut down by the cops and whisked out of the auditorium by a back entrance. Once again the mob rules...

Ann Coulter is scheduled to speak at Berkley soon. There's no telling how that will turn out.
    Luke 12:27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

I have been advocating, for a few years now, that Christians need to be moving out of places like Chicago, Seattle, Baltimore, and Southern California, much like Lot should have picked up and left Sodom much sooner than he did, and Jeremiah warns God's people (in Chapter 51, I think) to leave Babylon.
    I moved to the Philippines 2 years ago. Government offices are currently closed for the next 5 days in honor of "Holy Week".
    The local mall broadcasts daily mid-day Mass on their intercom. These folks are definitely "religious". Nothing to worry about here.
    Lots of denominational Chirstian ministries and seminaries.

Mike Gallagher had Heather McDonald on his radio show this week. She is the author of The War on Cops and attempted to speak recently at Claremont College in CA. Apparently, it was a disaster. The cops hardly let anyone into the auditorium as they were afraid of what would happen to them. The Black Lives Matter crowd were there pounding on the windows and making a big scene. She took two questions---both by Skype questioners as they could not get into the auditorium so skyped in. She was then shut down by the cops and whisked out of the auditorium by a back entrance. Once again the mob rules...
    To continue with the Lot parallel that someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, doesn't that description of the BLM mob just reek of the violence that plagued Sodom and Gomorrah and, particularly, of the confrontation at Lot's doorstep? History repeats itself. There's nothing new under the sun. Same demonic forces at work in the world today.
    The Gospel of Jesus Christ

"I am more flawed and sinful than I ever dared believe."

"I am more loved and accepted than I ever dared hope."

Cry

Two things are in play. Youth and inexperience.

A younger person is more malleable, and many of these young people
    do not have a solid foundation in the Scriptures, to begin with.
    (Not slamming their parents - it is extremely difficult to get a young
    person today deeply indoctrinated in the Scriptures)
    Agree. That's what happened to me. I went to a very liberal college (AND the "Christians" that I was exposed to throughout my early life were very hypocritical and downright nasty) so adding those two things, of course I drank the kool-aid. . :

It wasn't until my early 30's that a TRUE Christian accepted and loved me in a very broken state. She was the shining example, Christ calls us professing "CHRIST-ians" ("CHRIST-LIKE") to be. Only then was I open to hearing more and I accepted Christ and my "scales" fell off.

Selfishness, additions, focus on technology, broken homes, "too busy" for Church (parties, sports, etc), and we keep generating generations that have no real roots anymore. I often thought, if the rapture waits another 50-70 years (which I don't think it will because of the season we seem to be in), will there be ANYONE left TO Rapture?! I mean, seriously.

I also think -- that the Liberals will come back with a vengeance this next election.
    Perhaps "the last TRUMP" phase is ironic.. I mean, what are the odds our president has that very last name. I do think the bible is more literal (and has multi-reference), but we don't always know/understand until it actually comes to pass. Maybe "the last trump," besides being the bible reference we understand, also gives a little nod to the last US Pres.

Quote Originally Posted by LAMBorgini View Post
    Agree. That's what happened to me. I went to a very liberal college (AND the "Christians" that I was exposed to throughout my early life were very hypocritical and downright nasty) so adding those two things, of course I drank the kool-aid. . :

It wasn't until my early 30's that a TRUE Christian accepted and loved me in a very broken state. She was the shining example, Christ calls us professing "CHRIST-ians" ("CHRIST-LIKE") to be. Only then was I open to hearing more and I accepted Christ and my "scales" fell off.

Selfishness, additions, focus on technology, broken homes, "too busy" for Church (parties, sports, etc), and we keep generating generations that have no real roots anymore. I often thought, if the rapture waits another 50-70 years (which I don't think it will because of the season we seem to be in), will there be ANYONE left TO Rapture?! I mean, seriously.

I also think -- that the Liberals will come back with a vengeance this next election.
    Perhaps "the last TRUMP" phase is ironic.. I mean, what are the odds our president has that very last name. I do think the bible is more literal (and has multi-reference), but we don't always know/understand until it actually comes to pass. Maybe "the last trump," besides being the bible reference we understand, also gives a little nod to the last US Pres.
    If we waited 50 more years to be raptured Luke 18:8 comes to kind.

I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    If we waited 50 more years to be raptured Luke 18:8 comes to kind.
    I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
    That came to my mind, also, since one of my teachers (Vernon McGee, perhaps?) said that the question is rhetorical, and is asked in such a way that the answer must be "No"

Quote Originally Posted by LAMBorgini View Post
    I often thought, if the rapture waits another 50-70 years (which I don't think it will because of the season we seem to be in), will there be ANYONE left TO Rapture?! I mean, seriously.
    LAMBorgini it is great to see you back!!!! I agree with you. The Rapture has to happen soon for if there is a 50 year plus delay the Rapture would not be very impressive to the world as there would hardly be any one Raptured the way things are going...

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...rity-concerns/

The conservative voice in this country is being effectively squelched.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...silence-conse/

Advocating violence to silence "the enemy" continues.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...silence-conse/

Advocating violence to silence "the enemy" continues.
    Just articles University Newspapers, now advocating what the Liberal Left has been
    advocating among themselves and in their internal literature for several years.

The only difference is that now they feel they will not be called on it by the Universities, and
    they are correct: they won't. Just a reminder that McCarthy was right (which was proven
    a few years ago, when several formerly secret documents and studies were published.)

From the link:
    Conservatives have come to expect that they might be protested, ridiculed and disinvited when they venture to speak on college campuses, but the penalty for telling students something they disagree with has taken a more violent turn.
    Buttressed by an ideology that views “hate speech” as violence and its suppression as self-defense, students increasingly are resorting to the destruction of property and assault to keep conservative speakers quiet.
    Students at Wellesley College made the intellectual case for using force to stifle free speech in an editorial last week, arguing that “hostility may be warranted” against people who are “given the resources to learn” yet “refuse to adapt their beliefs.”