Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Death of Free Speech in America

Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
    It isn't AZ. AZ, as a whole, is doing pretty well.
    But the squirrels insure that there are a few nuts buried in every yard.

In this case, you have a radical far left liberal showing clear signs
    of mental illness, and she is in one of the few places in your state
    that will make her illness worse: a university.
    Amen! It's not just AZ. Trying living in liberal WA! Our country has been consumed by crazy people, but God is still in control! Ewe can rest safely in His arms.
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...h-11142885.php

John Cornyn will not go through what Betsy DeVos---the Education Secretary---went through at Cookman University. That is because the speech Cornyn was supposed to give at commencement at Texas Southern University has been cancelled. 863 folk signed an online petition protesting Cornyn's speech and the Administration of the University caved. Successful pre-emptive protesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...h-11142885.php

John Cornyn will not go through what Betsy DeVos---the Education Secretary---went through at Cookman University. That is because the speech Cornyn was supposed to give at commencement at Texas Southern University has been cancelled. 863 folk signed an online petition protesting Cornyn's speech and the Administration of the University caved. Successful pre-emptive protesting.
    Anyone who studies the rise and fall of Kingdoms and Nations knows we are headed for a civil war, much like a century ago in Russia. There are many, many, parallels between that war and the U.S. today.

As a footnote, we supported the losing side in the Russian Revolution of 1917, and the Bolsheviks have never forgotten that. Recently declassified government documents show that McCarthy was right, but the establishment Republicans (sound familiar?) and Democrats preferred to stand against him, rather than clean house.

Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
    Anyone who studies the rise and fall of Kingdoms and Nations knows we are headed for a civil war, much like a century ago in Russia. There are many, many, parallels between that war and the U.S. today.
    Interesting, my grandfather was a Canon in the Episcopal Church. He told my dad in 1979 that there would be another civil war in this country. I did not see the signs until Obama came on the scene.

Interesting, my grandfather was a Canon in the Episcopal Church. He told my dad in 1979 that there would be another civil war in this country. I did not see the signs until Obama came on the scene.
    At this point the only way we will avoid civil war
    is for some other calamity to take us out first.

And, at this point it is unavoidable. I just began
    studying the methodology of the Left, and it isn't
    much different than what the Bolsheviks used.

The Right is arming up, too, but they are not
    planning to defend the whole country, just pieces
    of it, and allowing the rest to fall.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reagan...itled-n2356988

Wow. This is really getting bad. Now the liberal progressives are censoring other liberal progressives---Alan Dershowitz---if they do not tow the party line...

Ann Coulter has another angle on the Death of Free Speech. The liberal attempt to redefine words, in order to prevent opposing opinions. Of course, she only scratches the surface of the problem, but then, she only wrote one page.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...n-health-care/
    A few weeks ago, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow was going on and on about a “single insurance provider” that pays for 49 percent of all births, as well as full health care costs of almost 40 percent of all children in the United States. This single “insurer,” Maddow said, was the biggest “health insurance provider in the country by a mile.”

Maddow was talking about Medicaid, which, of course, is not “insurance” but “welfare.”

When we’re allowed to call things whatever we want in order to win an argument, there is a total breakdown in democratic politics, fair commerce, and social interaction.

Thus, for example, until we get our terms straight, Americans will be forced to keep paying through the nose whenever they try to buy actual health insurance — because they aren’t buying health insurance; they’re paying for other people’s welfare. Washington will never be able to make it legal to sell real health insurance — because, if they try, the welfare recipients will mob congressional offices claiming that Republicans are murdering them.

There is no truth in any discussion of Obamacare. Currently, the most persistent lie is the claim that — according to scoring by the CBO! — 22 million Americans would “lose” their health insurance under the Senate health care bill. Turn on the TV right now and you’ll hear someone saying this.
    By “people thrown off their health insurance,” liberals mean: “people who voluntarily decide not to have health insurance.” (More accurately, “people who choose not to prove to the government that they have health insurance.”)

To use the word “lose” here is absurd. It would be like saying that Nixon ending the draft meant that 50,000 American men would “lose” their military service. The poor lads would be forced to volunteer.
    And she didn't even get around to discussing the redefinition of "murder."

Just listening to the Larry Elder show. He says that Dennis Prager has been invited to conduct the Santa Monica Symphony this month (apparently he has been a guest conductor all over the world!!). Well 4 of the musicians have penned an open published letter telling the public not to come to the performance because Prager is "a bigoted conservative". Two of these folks are professors at UCLA. Apparently not only can conservatives not speak in public anymore---the are no longer allowed to be seen. I just looked at the Dennis Prager website and he has written about this issue.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Just listening to the Larry Elder show. He says that Dennis Prager has been invited to conduct the Santa Monica Symphony this month (apparently he has been a guest conductor all over the world!!). Well 4 of the musicians have penned an open published letter telling the public not to come to the performance because Prager is "a bigoted conservative". Two of these folks are professors at UCLA. Apparently not only can conservatives not speak in public anymore---the are no longer allowed to be seen. I just looked at the Dennis Prager website and he has written about this issue.
    The "tolerance" of the intolerant Left is but a symptom of the increasing lateness of the hour.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    The "tolerance" of the intolerant Left is but a symptom of the increasing lateness of the hour.
    This is true!!!!I am trying to be a spectator given we know how it ends and not get emotionally involved.

This is true!!!!I am trying to be a spectator given we know how it ends and not get emotionally involved.
    Very true. At times I find myself getting so mad at what the left gets away with. I have to remind myself to calm down. We know how it ends and maybe should pray more for those who are so deceived.
    And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
    Romans 11:6

As a healthy Christian, you cannot help but become emotionally involved.

Luke 19:41-44 (NASB)
    1When He approached [Jerusalem], He saw the city and wept over it, 42saying, "If you had known in this day, even you, the things which make for peace! But now they have been hidden from your eyes. 43"For the days will come upon you when your enemies will throw up a barricade against you, and surround you and hem you in on every side, 44and they will level you to the ground and your children within you, and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not recognize the time of your visitation."