Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Campers

Quote Originally Posted by DMac View Post
    Any of you camper enthusiasts ever watch "The Long, Long Trailer"? It is an old movie featuring Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. It shows up on Turner Classic Movies fairly often. I don't know if it was filmed before or after the I love Lucy era.

https://youtu.be/Z57zQNujPyY
    That was good, very good. The acting was completely convincing. I just did some searching and my library has the movie on DVD. I hope to go pick it up today sometime so I can watch the whole thing.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by DMac View Post
    Any of you camper enthusiasts ever watch "The Long, Long Trailer"? It is an old movie featuring Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. It shows up on Turner Classic Movies fairly often. I don't know if it was filmed before or after the I love Lucy era.

https://youtu.be/Z57zQNujPyY
    It's actually really funny and relatable! Love the part where it's cocked sideways a little and an unaware Lucy slips out when she opens the door in the night!
    I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
    For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
    no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Quote Originally Posted by Koalie View Post
    We picked out a camper. We'll be traveling 5 1/2 hours tomorrow to go pick it up, Lord willing. It's all the way up near Glacier National Park in Montana. Prayers for travel and getting it hooked up correctly would be appreciated. It's a used 2017 Grey Wolf by Forest River, and we're getting a great deal!

Here's a short video of the exact model. I'm excited to go do some glamping...I mean camping.

https://youtu.be/jc57HmNLgRI
    That's great! The trip to get it will even be a fun adventure!

I think you and your husband are very wise to invest in family memories this way!

So, how did it all go? Are your kids excited? Where do you think you'll go first?

Quote Originally Posted by Accepted View Post
    So, how did it all go? Are your kids excited? Where do you think you'll go first?
    I watched "The Long, Long Trailer" twice before returning it to the library. I want to hear the whole story about the Koalie Clan trailer escapades .
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    I watched "The Long, Long Trailer" twice before returning it to the library. I want to hear the whole story about the Koalie Clan trailer escapades .

I remember that movie well! Lucy collecting those heavy rocks always cracked me up!

That's great! The trip to get it will even be a fun adventure!

I think you and your husband are very wise to invest in family memories this way!
    Going to get the camper was indeed an adventure! Had a few hiccups coming home and our truck is going to need some work done to it but thankfully we made it! The highway had lots of downed trees and rocks and creeks overflowing onto the road and down into the river, but the Lord blessed us with a safe journey. Praise Him! I was so proud of Eric driving over Lolo pass in the pouring rain with a truck not working right. I just sat there and hugged my pillow and prayed!

I feel like we made a wise decision as well. The kids are growing up so quickly and will be leaving the nest before we know it. I'm excited to make some memories with my little happy campers!

The kids are VERY excited! I already reserved a site at the Dworshak Idaho State Park in May and we'll be camping during both Hannah's and Gabe's birthdays. We were thinking about getting them some kayaks to use on the lake. So we're looking forward to that! My SIL and I are planning a long bike ride for one of the days...Lord willing. And Eric's brother will be there with his bass boat, so we'll have a good ol time!
    Then in July we're going up around Sandpoint Idaho for a week long family reunion on my husband's side. We're planning on taking the camper for that.
    We're also just talking about going out on the weekends to discover new places...Maybe even to the city for a weekend around our anniversary and stay at a state park. Then I can talk Eric into doing some bike rides on the city paths Then we'll take it up in the mountains for hunting season. I think that'll be the true test for it!

TT you gave me an idea! I'm going to get a scrapbook and record each of our journeys along with pictures and such. Our last name is really close to "Camper", so I'll put on the front: (last name) Clan Camper Escapades". <----- this is by far my fave emoji on this forum. It fits my silly personality.

For those who prayed for our journey, thank you!
    It was a little stressful as well because Hannah and Gabe went to Spokane to a Christian concert with a group of 15 and the church van broke down! Praise the Lord that they eventually made it home ok and that one of the kids had a relative in the city that took them all in.

We picked out a camper. We'll be traveling 5 1/2 hours tomorrow to go pick it up, Lord willing. It's all the way up near Glacier National Park in Montana. Prayers for travel and getting it hooked up correctly would be appreciated. It's a used 2017 Grey Wolf by Forest River, and we're getting a great deal!

Here's a short video of the exact model. I'm excited to go do some glamping...I mean camping.

Enjoy Gods creation with your camper. I love camping but can't imagine hauling a camper in the mountains. I can barely drive a car when it gets too steep without a panic attack.
    The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Thumbs up

Great! Thank you, Lord, for providing! Enjoy the blessing to its fullest!
    I'm a semi-outdoorsy girl. Not in great shape anymore, definitely not a hunter and can't hike as far as I used to. In living near the Rocky Mountains before, love me some camping! I don't care if it's a tent or an RV as long as I have an air/regular mattress. Love campfires, lakes, talking and playing games! Enjoy it, Koalie!
    Toots

I remember that movie well! Lucy collecting those heavy rocks always cracked me up!
    Glad you enjoyed it.
    And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
    Romans 11:6

I have large rocks in my rose garden from Tennessee, Kentucky and North Carolina.
    The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Courtesy of Shorpy.com

*"1947 trailer show at Gilmore Field, Los Angeles." The Gypsy life, mid-century style. 4x5 negative by Watson from the News Photo Archive.

And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
    Romans 11:6