Thread: Without Warning

Default Without Warning

Joel Rosenberg's new thriller Without Warning is out.

Have to catch up on work before .

I am taking mom to Barnes and Nobles tomorrow to buy Joel's book. Can't wait to read it!!!

I hope you enjoy it.

Wondering if the POTUS in the book will now resemble our previous one, or President Trump. I guess Joel has had time (maybe?) to edit in Trumpian characteristics?

Disappointed in this book as well as this series. Joel Rosenberg was on his way to becoming my favorite author but he has taken a couple steps back after this trilogy.

I'd get into specifics but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.

I just finished it and I really liked it. Not quite the caliber of Damascus Countdown or a few others, but good none-the-less. I think he let the POTUS resemble Obama more than Trump. The decisions and actions were decisively anti-involvement.... Not wanting to give any spoilers.
    Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

My mom read it and she really liked it. It is sitting on m bookcase in the "to read" pile.

OK, I said I wouldn't say anything for a while but I am going to say something without spoiling the book in general.

IMO, Rosenberg focuses much more on what the Islamic end times preach and very little about Christianity. I suppose if you care about the Islamic end times, this book, and series, are for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JJW81867 View Post
    OK, I said I wouldn't say anything for a while but I am going to say something without spoiling the book in general.

IMO, Rosenberg focuses much more on what the Islamic end times preach and very little about Christianity. I suppose if you care about the Islamic end times, this book, and series, are for you.
    It'll be a while before I read this book... but I've read the earlier books in the series. It's fiction...
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

My mother-in-law is reading this book now and really enjoying it.

I read Joel's last book straight through, and obviously loved it. Without Warning...not so much.
    I can't keep reading for very long...it seems to have a different feel to it for some reason, possibly in some of the wording??
    My first criticism ever about one of his books (and I've read them all.)

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

I got and read the sample, but have not felt compelled to buy the full version yet. Maybe when a lull in work comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Momma D View Post
    I read Joel's last book straight through, and obviously loved it. Without Warning...not so much.
    I can't keep reading for very long...it seems to have a different feel to it for some reason, possibly in some of the wording??
    My first criticism ever about one of his books (and I've read them all.)
    I wrote the first post at about 45% on my kindle...and then the writing became more like Joel. Action-wise it was Joel from the beginning.
    I thought about it, and wondered if he might have written a little more casually than some of his other books because there was so much going on in the story.
    I did fast read past the half-way mark, and from that point couldn't put it down. The last three chapters are riveting and totally stunned me!
    I do recommend this book, and Rosenberg is still my favorite fiction author...

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

I wrote the first post at about 45% on my kindle...and then the writing became more like Joel. Action-wise it was Joel from the beginning.
    I thought about it, and wondered if he might have written a little more casually than some of his other books because there was so much going on in the story.
    I did fast read past the half-way mark, and from that point couldn't put it down. The last three chapters are riveting and totally stunned me!
    *Like*

I'll look fwd to it again! Lol

Yes. This.
    Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post
    I got and read the sample, but have not felt compelled to buy the full version yet. Maybe when a lull in work comes.
    I just finished reading it. I highly recommend the book which is the last of the Collins series. The ending is especially gripping.

PS: You can get the book at most library's. They give you 3 weeks to read it...
    Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    It'll be a while before I read this book... but I've read the earlier books in the series. It's fiction...
    Yes, I realize he is fiction. However, Rosenberg has drifted from Christianity and, IMO, his books are more in the political thriller gendre now.

Like I said before, this book focused more on Islam. Not Christianity and that's why I wrote what I did. Some people that pick this series up will not get the Christian theme other Rosenberg books/series have.

Well, I read this book at the beach this past week. Have not read any of the previous JB Collins series books. I agree that this book was riveting and I was stunned by how it ended. One of the main characters becomes saved during this story and while I had wished that the R word (Repentance) appeared--which it did not, I thought the conversion experience was well written. My husband is starting to reread First Hostage right now in preparation of reading Joel's latest book.