Thread: Syrian army says it shot down Israeli jet

Default Syrian army says it shot down Israeli jet

The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Praying that Syria's claim isn't so.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/israel-ca...072312881.html

From link above:

"Several anti-aircraft missiles were launched from Syria following the mission and (army) aerial defence systems intercepted one of the missiles."
    None of the missiles hit their targets, the army added.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Default Syrian missile fired at Israeli jets is intercepted

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/03...tercepted.html
    Syria launched anti-aircraft missiles toward Israeli jets Friday after a series of attacks by the Israeli air force.
    A Syrian military statement said four Israeli warplanes violated Syrian airspace -- flying into Syria through Lebanese territory -- and targeted a military position in central Syria. It said Syrian anti-aircraft systems confronted the planes and claimed one of the jets was shot down in Israeli-controlled territory and that another was hit: a claim Israel denied.

According to a facebook post by Amir Tsarfati, no planes were shot down and Israel has said that never was anyone in danger, civilian or IAF. I'll see if I can find something more.

for anyone who is interested, he's doing a live update on facebook at 11:30 central time.
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

From Fox:

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/03/...first-hit.html

Damascus said Syrian anti-aircraft systems confronted the planes and claimed one of the jets was shot down in Israeli- controlled territory and that another was hit. The Israeli military denied the allegation and there was no sign that any of the jets had been hit or downed.
    From the Jerusalem Post:

http://rr-bb.com/newreply.php?p=2630498&noquote=1

In a rare confirmation of Israel carrying out airstrikes in Syria, the IDF said on Friday morning that “several anti-aircraft missiles were launched from Syria during the operation. One of the missiles was intercepted by the air defense systems of the IDF.”

According to the army, the jets were targeted with Syrian anti-aircraft missiles of which one was intercepted by Israel’s missile defense system, heard as far away as Jerusalem, and two others landing in Israel but causing no damage or injuries.

As a result of that, a rocket alert siren was heard in Aravot HaYarden Regional Council in Israel's Jordan Valley, the statement added.

But the army denied that any jets had been downed, stating that “at no point was the safety of civilians or IAF aircrafts compromised.”
    In this article it is quoted that Syria also claims that Israel did this to help ISIS.
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Default Israeli jets strike inside Syria; military site near Palmyra reportedly targeted

Perspective from other "news" sites
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/17/middle...syria-strikes/

Jerusalem (CNN)In the most serious clash between Israeli and Syrian forces since the start of the Syrian conflict six year ago, Israeli aircraft struck several targets in Syria overnight, the Israeli military said Friday.

Israel targeted a military site near the ancient city of Palmyra, the Syrian military said, in what would be one of its deepest airstrikes inside Syrian territory since the civil war began there.
    Palmyra, once held by ISIS and retaken by the Syrian government, is strategically important to both the regime and its opponents.
    Most of Israel's reported strikes have been around the capital of Damascus, about 60 kilometers (37 miles) from the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph The Carpenter View Post
    Thank you for the link, interesting and informing read to say the least. I breezed through it as today is the Lord's day, but will read it again to gain a much fuller understanding .
    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7637676.html

"The next time the Syrians use their air defence systems against our planes we will destroy them without the slightest hesitation," Avigdor Lieberman said in remarks broadcast on Israeli public radio.

I saw that, too!

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/226992

Russian Foreign Ministry calls Israeli ambassador to discuss Syria air strikes - second time in four days.
    Russia is not happy.

Eyes

Why does Russia want Israel to correspond via the hotline?
    So they can give Syria a heads up they are going to get bombed??

I think Russia wants control and wants to know what is going on at all times. That article also said that Russia has been conducting it's own bombing raids. It just didn't say that these are taking place in Damascus. I don't know if that can be found in the news somewhere; I'll have to look.

I think Amir Tsarfati was the one that said that there shouldn't be a problem with who is in the air because the Syrian / Russian planes usually fly during the day and Israel flies at night.

He has an App "Behold Israel" that he posts updates on what is happening in the Middle East.

ETA: I can't verify that Russia had been or is bombing in or near Damascus. Maybe someone else can find something.

I hope CUFI is a reliable source.

http://makeadifference.cufi.org/isra...from-damascus/

Israel is said to have struck Syria overnight Sunday-Monday, the second strike in 24 hours and third in three days as tensions escalated between the two countries over the weekend.

Syria media reported early Monday that Israeli jets took out a number of targets near the Lebanon-Syria border including a Hezbollah weapons convoy and Syrian military sites.

The reports have not been confirmed.

Earlier Sunday, an Israeli drone strike reportedly killed a member of a Syrian pro-regime militia, an attack that came two days after Israeli jets, in an early Friday morning operation, hit an arms transfer meant for Hezbollah near Palmyra, with Syrian air defenses firing missiles at the planes.

Assad and Putin:
    http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Syr...-Israel-484715

al-Assad told Russian parliament members on Monday that he was counting on Moscow to prevent Israel from attacking his country in the future.

Assad was quoted by several Russian media outlets as telling the officials that "we are counting on Russia to prevent a conflict with Israel."

Russia is not happy.
    No they are not! I'm watching all this really in awe. It's prophecy unfolding before our eyes. The path to Ezekiel 38 and Isaiah 17 is clear.

We're ready Lord Jesus!!

Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

Quote Originally Posted by poc4dw View Post

No they are not! I'm watching all this really in awe. It's prophecy unfolding before our eyes. The path to Ezekiel 38 and Isaiah 17 is clear.

We're ready Lord Jesus!!

Diane
    And no amount of preaching seems to get the nay Sayers to see it unfolding. 2000 year old book pin pointed all aspects of this and has a 100% track record. Sigh.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.