Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad Frustration

Default Sad Frustration

Sorry but I had to come here to vent. I really cannot believe what is going on with people today. My family tells me "You knew it would get like this because you wrote a book about it ("Surviving the Tribulation"). But the unbelievers are just getting to me -- bashing Jesus (if I hear Him called a zombie one more time-grrr), bashing Trump (the blatant lies about him!), bashing Christians, bashing morality. I really feel like a stranger in a strange land! Just thankful for my believing family, friends and Calvary Chapel - and for you guys. Please let's pray with everything we got that Jesus comes real soon to take us away from this evil world because, seriously, I can't take much more of it. Can I get a witness? Thanks.

Most mornings I make a trip into town and munch on a McDonald's sausage biscuit while sipping a diet coke. There's a tv monitor there and I listen to it as part of the background noise. What the press was saying used to interest me just to know what lies they were pushing at any given time. They're so overdoing their attacks on Trump and/or anything related to him that its become an annoyance.

This world is definitely not my home and one of the blessings of aging out is that one way or another we old folks aren't overly long for this world! Praise the Lord! It will be so good to be home!
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    This world is definitely not my home and one of the blessings of aging out is that one way or another we old folks aren't overly long for this world! Praise the Lord! It will be so good to be home!
    Amen brother!!!

Y'all touched on something I've been thinking about. Admitting it makes me seem weird and many don't share my sentiment. But here goes: I look forward to aging because it means I'm closer to Jesus.

I'm going to be 40 this year and I'm really excited.

I feel for the new generation because they have a long way to go if Jesus doesn't come back.

I thank God I am able to work hard for Jesus' Kingdom while on Earth. I'm busier than ever in our ministry. But I really cannot wait for Heaven.

YSIC,
    Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

I really hope we don't have to wait much longer. I just want to go home.
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Quote Originally Posted by twisty58 View Post
    Rev 19:11,16 | Matt 16:27 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Maybe a story I heard on the radio last night by Pastor Tony Evans will give you some peace and encouragement. It did me.

It was late in the day when a man passed by a shoe repair store. He had a pair of shoes he really needed repaired. He looked in the window and saw that the store was closed but saw the owner inside still. He knocked on the window and the owner came over, opened the door and asked him what he wanted. The man said "I have a pair of shoes that I really need to get repaired, is there any way for me to come in?" The owner of the store told him that "No, its too late. The store is closed.". But the man persisted and asked, "Well, can I at least drop them off?". The owner relented, opened the door and let him in. As the owner was writing up the ticket, the man looked around and then asked a question: "Do you mind if I ask you something? The parking lot is completely empty except for my car. When you close up where do you go? How do you get home?" The owner told him "Do you see those stairs over there? I take those. You see, I live upstairs, I just work down here.".

Now remember that while I remind you that you are a citizen of heaven. Up in Heaven is your real home. You are just working down here. On temporary assignment and this is NOT your permanent home by any means. Get the picture in your head. Get eternity in right perspective and keep this world in right perspective. It will help you. It is when we get them mixed up and make this place our "home" that we get into trouble. Jesus' last prayer for us was not that the Father would take us out (which He very well could have), but that He would leave us here and strengthen us while we are here to do the work that God has given us to do.

So when you look around at the pitiful surroundings or deal with difficult people, etc. just remember that this isn't your home. You are just on a work permit to do the Father's work while you are here. Remember that those people who are bashing Jesus.... well this place is all they have. Its all they know. Read Psalm 73. Their future is anything but bright. Pray for them. You could be the only person on the planet who has lifted their name to the throne and prayed for that person. You never know.

You only work down here. Home is up those stairs over there. Until its time to retire and go home, you have work to do for God and His kingdom. ((hugs)) And most days it seems like it is perpetually 5 minutes until closing time.We are tired and are behind on the the work that needs to be done before we can go home. It gets overwhelming some days. But eventually 5:00 will come and we can retire up those blessed stairs to our real home and rest
    "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

Thank you for the reminder. I definitely need to focus more only on Jesus and His kingdom and a whole lot less on this country that is just my temporary home. And more praying; less whining.

Quote Originally Posted by twisty58 View Post
    Me too....
    Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreesha View Post
    Sorry but I had to come here to vent. I really cannot believe what is going on with people today. My family tells me "You knew it would get like this because you wrote a book about it ("Surviving the Tribulation"). But the unbelievers are just getting to me -- bashing Jesus (if I hear Him called a zombie one more time-grrr), bashing Trump (the blatant lies about him!), bashing Christians, bashing morality. I really feel like a stranger in a strange land! Just thankful for my believing family, friends and Calvary Chapel - and for you guys. Please let's pray with everything we got that Jesus comes real soon to take us away from this evil world because, seriously, I can't take much more of it. Can I get a witness? Thanks.
    I haven't heard the zombie one before but I have heard the alien one before and it is driving me nuts. I have one person in particular saying that he was an alien and that is why he was beamed up.
    I am with you on the frustration and how bashing Christians is now the norm, especially on social media. What is wrong is right and right is wrong.

I am hearing a lot of Christians stating that they do not think the rapture will occur in our lifetime now. This is bothering me greatly. With all the signs around and the birth pangs how can it not? I would love to get the reasoning for this.

Quote Originally Posted by awatcher View Post
    I haven't heard the zombie one before but I have heard the alien one before and it is driving me nuts. I have one person in particular saying that he was an alien and that is why he was beamed up.
    I am with you on the frustration and how bashing Christians is now the norm, especially on social media. What is wrong is right and right is wrong.

I am hearing a lot of Christians stating that they do not think the rapture will occur in our lifetime now. This is bothering me greatly. With all the signs around and the birth pangs how can it not? I would love to get the reasoning for this.
    So when it happens, and the trumpet sounds and a loud shout, it happens as a thief in the night and they are caught off guard, but not to us who are watching, waiting, have our oil burning, and it will fulfill scripture.
    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Quote Originally Posted by awatcher View Post
    I think a lot of Christians (and I'll include myself in this group), sometimes get so bone weary of the struggle they wonder if perhaps the Scriptures about His soon return have been misinterpreted. Recently one old saint told me (and I'm paraphrasing), "Here it is 2017, and things are as bad on this planet as I ever dreaded in my worst nightmares and yet ... here we still are. My heart gets so heavy sometimes I just don't think I can go on. WHEN, oh Lord, WHEN?"

It kind of rattled me, to tell the truth.
    John Robinson

Scribe

I heard a sermon once on Numbers 13:25 - 14:10. This is the passage where 12 men go into the promised land to spy it out. 10 of them are defeated and tell people they can't take possession of the land because of the giants. 2 of them say that with God, all things are possible. That God does not want us to doubt, but to have faith.

In the middle of the sermon, it hit me. We see so many of our fellows doubting the rapture. Doubt is contagious. The Israelites didn't listen to the 2. They listened to the 10 who were not following God's promises. The 2 had faith in God, they knew God, and God was pleased with them and their witness. God saved them from being stoned to death. Listen to this:

and Joshua the son of Nun and Caleb the son of Jephunneh who were among those who had spied out the land, rent their clothes, and said to all the congregation of the people of Israel, "The land, which we passed through to spy it out, is an exceedingly good land. If the LORD delights in us, he will bring us into this land and give it to us, a land which flows with milk and honey. Only, do not rebel against the LORD; and do not fear the people of the land; for they are bread to us; their protection is removed from them, and the LORD is with us; do not fear them."
    Numbers 14:6-9

Hudson Taylor said, "we have 25 cents, and all the promises of God."

Brothers and Sisters, God has not appointed us to wrath. We are told to keep our lamps burning, and to gather together for fellowship, even more as the day approaches. I think that is why I keep coming to this board. Not many in my church are so passionate about Jesus coming back soon. But when I hear one who is, boy does that make my week so much better!

As Paul said, we also can think of this as a race. Run to win.

Be encouraged! Be like Joshua and Caleb! Have faith in God's promises! Jesus will come for us! He said so!
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Lately, every night I close my eyes, think to myself "Jesus is coming!" and then I fall asleep either praising Him or praying for those that need Him. I find it very encouraging to remind myself. He's coming soon!
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Excellent post, Firefly!!! I've been seriously watching for and believing in our Lord's return for us since 1968. My heart truly feels that it will be soon. It seems EVERYTHING is lined up and ready to go. He could come in ten minutes or He could come in ten years...........but, my spirit just makes me feel it will be much less than that! I am so ready to go home........to our real home.

A group of us get together every Thursday at church for a potluck dinner followed by Jokers (a card and marble board game). Last week on the way out the door Sandy said she would see me next week to play Jokers and I said "Not if the Rapture comes first!"---she had such a stunned look on her face...I think I am going to say this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by kathymendel View Post
    Excellent post, Firefly!!! I've been seriously watching for and believing in our Lord's return for us since 1968. My heart truly feels that it will be soon. It seems EVERYTHING is lined up and ready to go. He could come in ten minutes or He could come in ten years...........but, my spirit just makes me feel it will be much less than that! I am so ready to go home........to our real home.
    Thanks Kathy! God gives me wisdom, and I like to share, so praise the Lord for anything good you see in me!

When I started to return to the Lord years ago I would listen to 4 sermons a day during my long commute, on a Calvary Chapel radio station. Many of the preachers were telling about the rapture, and somehow in my early years in church as a little kid, I had never heard of it before. So it was one of the most exciting, neat things that I was learning. I asked a Christian friend who had attended church all her life if she has heard of it, and she just said 'yeah', as if it is no big deal. But to me, the fact that it can happen at any second is such a joy!

I don't hear much teaching on that anymore. A few, but in my area AFR took over the airwaves recently and the station that had the preachers went away.

Sunshine, I love your response to your friend!
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    A group of us get together every Thursday at church for a potluck dinner followed by Jokers (a card and marble board game). Last week on the way out the door Sandy said she would see me next week to play Jokers and I said "Not if the Rapture comes first!"---she had such a stunned look on her face...I think I am going to say this more often.
    I've often parted company with other christians saying "I'll see you later or on the way up!"
    "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

[QUOTE=sunshine2777;2630816]I've often parted company with other christians saying "I'll see you later or on the way up!"[/QUOTE

That is a great way of phrasing it!!!

Hudson Taylor said, "we have 25 cents, and all the promises of God."

Brothers and Sisters, God has not appointed us to wrath. We are told to keep our lamps burning, and to gather together for fellowship, even more as the day approaches. I think that is why I keep coming to this board. Not many in my church are so passionate about Jesus coming back soon. But when I hear one who is, boy does that make my week so much better!

As Paul said, we also can think of this as a race. Run to win.

Be encouraged! Be like Joshua and Caleb! Have faith in God's promises! Jesus will come for us! He said so!
    Thank you Firefly! What an awesome, encouraging post!

I honestly don't know how anyone could possibly think we have long until Jesus' return. The signs of Gog/Magog and Isaiah 17 are everywhere. Russia is as big a player as I've seen in years. Just this week Putin told Israel "the game is over." Technology is exploding out of human control. We're seeing artificial intelligence, the quest for immortality, uploading memories to PCs, Mars colonization, etc. People are buying bunkers underground just like Revelation 6 says. We're in the midst of one of the worst food crises in history. World governments are situated exactly as they were prophesied. We're right where Revelation describes End Days.

I just can't see this world lasting for long at its current pace. I could be wrong of course...but I don't see it.

I think Jesus is so close! I am so convinced, in fact, that I left my secular job and am now in full-time ministry two years ago because that is where I want Jesus to find me when He returns. It hasn't been easy but I tell ya, this world needs Christians to be strong now. We really can do this y'all! Not much longer!!!

Thanks for the uplifting post Firefly!!

YSIC,
    Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s