Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Stock Market Crash in 2017 and Prophesy

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cajun Country
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    My viewpoint of rapture induced chaos has been a bit different than most. I believe the percentage of true born again believers in the visible church is quite low so the rapture is only going to be a bump in the road and not the catastrophe that many think.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Temecula area, southern California
    Posts
    313

    Default

    While I think the raptured may not number in the billions......... I'm almost sure they will number in the millions. Just look at the fruits of the Holy Spirit through Billy Graham alone. Let alone all the missionary work around the world. Millions of people disappearing in an instant, at one time, is going to illicit attention. It won't be a blip on the radar.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks Alaska
    Posts
    19,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kathymendel View Post
    While I think the raptured may not number in the billions......... I'm almost sure they will number in the millions. Just look at the fruits of the Holy Spirit through Billy Graham alone. Let alone all the missionary work around the world. Millions of people disappearing in an instant, at one time, is going to illicit attention. It won't be a blip on the radar.
    Yeah, even 1% of the world population would come in at over 70 million. That would be enough to garner a headline or two, and some interesting spin from the talking heads.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cajun Country
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Yeah, even 1% of the world population would come in at over 70 million. That would be enough to garner a headline or two, and some interesting spin from the talking heads.

    That's about it. A headline or two and spin from talking heads. You got that right.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    91

    Default

    I actually think it'll be the catalyst for all governments to form a new... "New World Order." What better crisis would you need, as a globalist, to bring together the nations of the world in a fight against those evil alien kidnappers? It's the epic battle of humanity against... Well... whatever they make it out to be. Remember 2 Thessalonians 2:11, referring the strong delusion sent down by God? So, to put it mildly, people who believe in nothing, will suddenly believe in anything. Or maybe better said, all atheists suddenly become agnostic. Thinking about it, I can really see why a government sanctioned One World Religion" will thrive during that time.

    One other thing, do you remember when Malaysia Airlines flight 370 disappeared in March of 2014? Do you remember the news cycle during that time? And particularly CNN's insane coverage of MH370 for months on end? Though every life is important, that was only 239 passengers on board that flight that went missing. I think we can all agree there's at least a million plus people, alive right now, who accepted God's gift of salvation through His Son. Think of all the family members left behind who will want answers. That said, think of all the surveillance video that will be shown Ad nauseam on the news channels. I can imagine all the candlelight memorials popping up around the world--all the while we're with the Savior at the feast.

    No! I kindly disagree with you guys--This will be HUGE.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    2 Thess 3:3
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shonsu View Post
    That's about it. A headline or two and spin from talking heads. You got that right.
    And even then they'll blame it on Russia
    " In the end, all we have is our relationship with Jesus Christ." Nearing Midnight

    Behold, HE comes, riding on the clouds , shining like the sun, at the trumpet call.
    Lift your voice, it's the year of Jubilee, And out of Zion's hill, salvation comes !

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cajun Country
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waitin View Post
    And even then they'll blame it on Russia


    Or aliens

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Buzzard View Post
    No! I kindly disagree with you guys--This will be HUGE.
    Depends. On what ELSE is going on at the time. Yes, if 70 million people, including several million in the United States, disappear on a slow news day, it certainly will be masthead top giant print news.

    However, if that moment is accompanied by, say, a worldwide nuclear exchange, or an asteroid impact, or the Yellowstone supervolcano cooking off, or (you get the picture)...then, IMHO, not so much.
    --------Eric H. Bowen

    16 inch Armor Piercing: When you care enough to send the very, very, best!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    33

    Default

    A couple of thoughts I had regarding the OWC and The Mark. I used to be 100% thinking, "The rapture will come millions (billions I hope) will disappear, mass chaos will reign, the AC will step up placate everyone and put his machinations in place, OWC, OWG, The Mark, etc. However just recently I have begun to change my thinking. I have read stories of bars in the Carribean that will implant a chip in your arm that is tied to your bank account so when you are at the pool side drinking you won't need your wallet to pay for the drink, one little wave of the magic wand and presto! your drink is paid for. I have read stories of corporations making available implants so people don't have to go through retina/fingerprint checks or carry badges/pagers. Second, I live in Ma$$achu$$ett$ where we just went to what they call "Open Tolling". That means there are no more toll booths. You either pay via a transponder attached to your windshield, which by the way gets you a discount, or, they will send you a bill in the mail with no discount plus and administrative fee to cover the cost billing. Before this went into effect, people would not get the transponder (even though they got a discount at tolls if they did) because, "I don't want big brother watching me", a very valid point (though useless now a days given all the cameras that are around). But when they were going to get billed extra, the lines went out the doors of the places to get the transponders. My point is I don't think we need a major catastrophe to introduce the AC's machinations just play on the human spirit. First the younger the generation the less they know about the Bible, the AC and the end times. For them you can just use the convenience factor and they will line up to be chipped, doubly so if it gets them into the "cool" inner circle of the most glamorous, hip, rad, whatever, ruler of the century. You know have a bunch of teenie bopers worshiping the AC out of cluelessness (made that word up ). Second when you go to the register and try to pay in US currency and they say, "Oh there is a 15% fee for cash because the government says we have to have all this additional security in place to verify you are not a drug lord laundering cash." . For those of you that poo poo that idea go try to buy a new car or a house with cash, or try to make a multi thousand dollar deposit in cash and see what happens. Will the rapture cause a stir - probably yes, will it cause some commotion - yes, will it cause panic - not as much as I used to think it would. I think the "leftovers" will be dancing in the streets because they are finally rid of the "Jesus freaks that hate everybody and are the reason for all the bad in the world". I think the chaos will slowly build as many of the hard working souls that don't have this huge sense of entitlement I see now a days, aren't there any more to: grow the crops, doctor/nurse your ills, pull you out of the burning house, save you from being shot, and the list goes on but you get my point. Most of all they won't be there to PAY TAXES. When all these socialist governments then run out of money, then the chaos begins - look at some of your European countries. To sum up the AC doesn't need a big catastrophe he has all he needs - Man's laziness, ignorance and greed to achieve his agenda right now. All that being said I would immensely love it if the rapture were today.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Harker Heights, Texas
    Posts
    248

    Default

    I'm not sure if the Rapture will be big numbers-wise. Maybe it will, maybe not.

    Either way, those left behind who have even a mustard seed of faith will spiritually see the mass disappearances mean the Bible is true. All of it - even the part about Jesus' Resurrection.

    Those who don't want to see won't.

    As a side note, I'm sooooooo excited!!! The Rapture must be close. Even if not, God please let us be witnesses to it!!

    YSIC,
    Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

    #T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

    #S c r i p t u r e S e e d s



  11. #31
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ehbowen View Post
    Depends. On what ELSE is going on at the time. Yes, if 70 million people, including several million in the United States, disappear on a slow news day, it certainly will be masthead top giant print news.

    However, if that moment is accompanied by, say, a worldwide nuclear exchange, or an asteroid impact, or the Yellowstone supervolcano cooking off, or (you get the picture)...then, IMHO, not so much.
    Or if Kim Kardashian sat down funny, or if Clinton said something, or... In all seriousness, as soon as they figure out that most that disappeared were conservative, the news networks will probably celebrate.
    "And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
    -Joel 2: 30-32a

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shonsu View Post


    Or aliens
    I still think this will be the excuse. We are at Yellowstone and one of the info boards flat out said (as if it was 100% fact) that if this specific rock formation was found on a different planet it meant life existed on it. :confused

    Me and the kids had a good chuckle at one pic. Well a little sad cause people believe it. There was also a board that said the magma makes the wall grow 5ft in TWO YEARS. It had a picture from 2009 and 2011. If you did the math with the ENTIRE Yellowstone elevation it comes out to 5125 years to get that high
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ehbowen View Post
    Depends. On what ELSE is going on at the time. Yes, if 70 million people, including several million in the United States, disappear on a slow news day, it certainly will be masthead top giant print news.

    However, if that moment is accompanied by, say, a worldwide nuclear exchange, or an asteroid impact, or the Yellowstone supervolcano cooking off, or (you get the picture)...then, IMHO, not so much.
    Everything you mentioned, that could possibly compete for headlines against the rapture, are either natural or man made (nuclear war). The rapture is supernatural--trust me, it'll get their attention.

    Quote Originally Posted by BAF View Post
    To sum up the AC doesn't need a big catastrophe he has all he needs - Man's laziness, ignorance and greed to achieve his agenda right now. All that being said I would immensely love it if the rapture were today.
    Agreed! Concerning the MOB technology; i.e.; RFID, etc., I really think it'll be a mature technology by the time the Anti-Christ arrives on the scene--though after 9 months, they will learn the effects of constantly radiating your skin. And we know God's warning on those who receive it. But from a secular standpoint, it really does make a lot of sense to require all people, great and small, rich and poor, to receive it. Think of the chaos after the rapture. Think of the possibility for identity theft (though we won't care). Also, right now, look at how the central banks are trying to manipulate the economies around the world. If you understand the concept of their negative interest rate policy, you'll understand why they want us to go to a cashless society.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beloved View Post
    Or if Kim Kardashian sat down funny
    What! Kim Kardashian sat down funny..... Link?? NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    I still think this will be the excuse.
    Referring to aliens, so do I.

    And Shonsu, I still stand by my earlier post..... It'll be HUGE

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Temecula area, southern California
    Posts
    313

    Eyes

    I know that I am getting totally off-topic, but this is a thought I've had for a while. probably because I have two children - my deceased husband's children - who are not saved. (My three kids are.)

    These two kids are very focused on getting an inheritance when I die. They already refer to what I have as "their" money. DH and I set up a family trust to make sure anything left in our estate gets dispatched fairly upon my death. Well here is the problem I see...........

    When we are taken up by Jesus, our bodies are changed and go with us. That means there is no proof of our death, and consequently, no death certificates can be issued. With no death certificates, no insurance policies will pay out, and no trusts or even wills can be dealt with for seven years, when legally, one can be deemed dead. Seven years is about all the time of the tribulation period. So, should the rapture happen before my natural death, these two kids are probably never going to see the money from my estate. Multiply that scenario by millions and you can see the mass hysteria, depression and chaos that could imply.

    This world is not a pretty place now...........but, it is going to be a VERY ugly place when the rapture takes place and after. The media can blame whatever they like for it, but it won't change the outcome.

    I just keep praying that these two people will open their eyes, ears and hearts and see who Jesus is before it is too late, and accept Him as their Savior. Nothing else on this earth matters.

    Just my musings..........
    Kathy

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cajun Country
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Buzzard View Post
    And Shonsu, I still stand by my earlier post..... It'll be HUGE
    I guess the main influence on my view of how many are truly saved in this day is the picture of the current church in the letter to the Laodicean church, which I believe represents this time period. Also, this verse comes to mind: "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it" (Matthew 7:14).

    When I look out and survey the landscape of today's visible church I see mainly a dead husk. But it's ok, we can disagree on this. It's a minor detail.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Kathy, My heart goes out to you. It's funny how family members act when it comes to money. I never thought of money as the root of all evil, it's only an amplifier of what's in the persons heart. I sense that you and your husband already knew of potential problems, so you setup a trust. Very wise on your part.

    Quote Originally Posted by kathymendel View Post
    These two kids are very focused on getting an inheritance when I die. They already refer to what I have as "their" money. DH and I set up a family trust to make sure anything left in our estate gets dispatched fairly upon my death.
    In reading your "musings," I must say I was a little irritated with above quote. I'm sure it angers you too. My first reaction was, "Kathy, you need to go on a real long, expensive cruise around the world. But don't listen to me.... That's my angry advice--not good.


    Quote Originally Posted by kathymendel View Post
    Well here is the problem I see...........

    When we are taken up by Jesus, our bodies are changed and go with us. That means there is no proof of our death, and consequently, no death certificates can be issued. With no death certificates, no insurance policies will pay out, and no trusts or even wills can be dealt with for seven years, when legally, one can be deemed dead. Seven years is about all the time of the tribulation period. So, should the rapture happen before my natural death, these two kids are probably never going to see the money from my estate. Multiply that scenario by millions and you can see the mass hysteria, depression and chaos that could imply.

    This world is not a pretty place now...........but, it is going to be a VERY ugly place when the rapture takes place and after. The media can blame whatever they like for it, but it won't change the outcome.

    I just keep praying that these two people will open their eyes, ears and hearts and see who Jesus is before it is too late, and accept Him as their Savior. Nothing else on this earth matters.

    Just my musings..........
    Kathy
    As far as the legality issues, I won't get too worked up over that. As you pointed out, those who are left behind, they got bigger things to worry about. Money will only last so long, and when hyperinflation kicks in, it'll wipe out whats left of that. If you ever studied the Tribulation period concerning the seals, trumpets, and bowls of judgement, the totality of those judgements is pretty much a near extension event. They need the Lord, Kathy. Sometimes free-will stinks, cause your children aren't making the right eternal decisions. However, it's still their choice on whether to accept or reject His gift of salvation. I pray the God will give your children every opportunity to accept that gift, and that the Holy Spirit will pierce their conscience of that need.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shonsu View Post
    I guess the main influence on my view of how many are truly saved in this day is the picture of the current church in the letter to the Laodicean church, which I believe represents this time period. Also, this verse comes to mind: "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it" (Matthew 7:14).

    When I look out and survey the landscape of today's visible church I see mainly a dead husk. But it's ok, we can disagree on this. It's a minor detail.
    No problem Shonsu, and I totally understand your point of view. For me, however, even if the number is under 1 million Christ followers, that supernatural event will shake men to their core. No doubt you'll have plenty of video of people milling about there life, then in a blink of an eye, they're gone. I really think that "jolt" is needed, so that mankind will admit it doesn't know everything, and people will be more willing to turn to the one world, government sanctioned, religion.

    One other thing, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding from reading commentaries, that the Holy Spirit is also removed from the earth at that moment. That'll leave a mark!

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cajun Country
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Buzzard View Post
    No problem Shonsu, and I totally understand your point of view. For me, however, even if the number is under 1 million Christ followers, that supernatural event will shake men to their core. No doubt you'll have plenty of video of people milling about there life, then in a blink of an eye, they're gone. I really think that "jolt" is needed, so that mankind will admit it doesn't know everything, and people will be more willing to turn to the one world, government sanctioned, religion.

    One other thing, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding from reading commentaries, that the Holy Spirit is also removed from the earth at that moment. That'll leave a mark!

    From what I understand He will still be here working as He did in the Old Testament. He will still "come upon" and use people but will not "dwell" within them. The relationship will be different.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shonsu View Post
    From what I understand He will still be here working as He did in the Old Testament. He will still "come upon" and use people but will not "dwell" within them. The relationship will be different.
    It seems like if we use the dispensation outline it should be much in the ways of Moses and the Temple. I don't know how to put it into proper context but the Law of God was meant to show Israel their need for a messiah. Since Daniels prophecy is "stopped" it will need to "restart" and the Law will again be in effect to show them Christ is the Messiah.

    Not sure if I said all that clearly.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    It seems like if we use the dispensation outline it should be much in the ways of Moses and the Temple. I don't know how to put it into proper context but the Law of God was meant to show Israel their need for a messiah. Since Daniels prophecy is "stopped" it will need to "restart" and the Law will again be in effect to show them Christ is the Messiah.

    Not sure if I said all that clearly.



    Rev 8:1-5, for example (which I think is showing things IN the tribulation period, well into it IMO), refers to things only associated with the Day of Atonement [Yom Kippur].

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •