Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stock Market Crash in 2017 and Prophesy

I get the feeling that the world will notice when the Rapture happens. Whenever I read this verse, it reads to me as if the Beast is not only mocking God, but mocking all the Christians who have been called up to heaven. He knows where we have disappeared to.

"And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven." (Revelation 13:6)

I can imagine him pointing his finger angrily into the sky and referring to Christians as "those idiots up there who were not worthy to live among us."

Or something like that.

ETA: Just thought of something else. All the graves of the dead in Christ will be opened, and their bodies will be taken up. I don't know how anyone could miss noticing this.
    Rev 19:11,16 | Matt 16:27 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Quote Originally Posted by Haeddre View Post
    I get the feeling that the world will notice when the Rapture happens. Whenever I read this verse, it reads to me as if the Beast is not only mocking God, but mocking all the Christians who have been called up to heaven. He knows where we have disappeared to.

"And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven." (Revelation 13:6)

I can imagine him pointing his finger angrily into the sky and referring to Christians as "those idiots up there who were not worthy to live among us."

Or something like that.

ETA: Just thought of something else. All the graves of the dead in Christ will be opened, and their bodies will be taken up. I don't know how anyone could miss noticing this.

Just to be clear, I never said that the world would not notice. I said that I don't think it (the rapture) is going to be the cataclysmic end-of-the-world scenario that is often played out in books and media. I don't think it is going to cause an economic collapse or anything like that. I think it will be noticed but then glossed over fairly quickly. The world will go back to what it is doing and it will be business as usual as they are caught completely unaware at the start of the tribulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonsu View Post
    Just to be clear, I never said that the world would not notice. I said that I don't think it (the rapture) is going to be the cataclysmic end-of-the-world scenario that is often played out in books and media. I don't think it is going to cause an economic collapse or anything like that. I think it will be noticed but then glossed over fairly quickly. The world will go back to what it is doing and it will be business as usual as they are caught completely unaware at the start of the tribulation.
    IF there is indeed a gap in time between the rapture and the actual start of the 70th that is actually an accurate description IMHO
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Not sure if many are aware,( I didn't know) but there was a market crash in 1917... interesting factoid......

http://www.worststockmarketcrashes.c...arket-crashes/
    http://rr-bb.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2301&dateline=1357777  734
    I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
    Psalm 16:8 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Shonsu View Post
    We all know we live in a terrible world where nothing shocks or offends people any more, but here in the UK and I am sure it's the same in most Christian democracies, we are still terribly upset and concerned at both collective and personal levels when someone goes missing.

If this happens and it's a child or an old person who goes wandering off, it's on all the news channels and papers, accompanied by large police searches and a genuine concern for the missing by all.

10's or even 100's of millions of people waking up and finding their wives/husbands/children missing or they just disappear into thin air, will rock the whole world for years after the event.

God will choose his blink of the eye moment carefully (He already knows when that will be) so that it causes the most noticeable disruption and publicity across the whole planet.

Make no mistake the rapture will be a total catastrophe for those who remain for the rest of their time alive.

Quote Originally Posted by logosone View Post
    Not sure if many are aware,( I didn't know) but there was a market crash in 1917... interesting factoid......

http://www.worststockmarketcrashes.c...arket-crashes/
    The graph indicates that 1917 was a positive year for the financial markets. I think the article title should be worst bear markets as opposed to crashes.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    The graph indicates that 1917 was a positive year for the financial markets. I think the article title should be worst bear markets as opposed to crashes.
    It appeared to me that a downturn had started in 1916 and bottomed out in '17
    Not a high finance expert here.... So I'll gladly stand corrected
    I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

Quote Originally Posted by logosone View Post
    It appeared to me that a downturn had started in 1916 and bottomed out in '17
    Not a high finance expert here.... So I'll gladly stand corrected
    I might have squiggly line dyslexia... Another source indicates the DOW started 1917 at about 96 and finished at about 76. Going back to the chart, it doesn't mark where the '17 year starts in the chart, but it looks like there was a significant market drop at the end of '16 and continuing into early '17 before the Markets began a recovery. Except for the beginning period of '17, it was mostly a recovery year.

From looking at that chart, I'd say there were at least a few market crashes during 2016, one that continued into early '17 before a recovery followed. When I view the market in terms of multiple years, I think bull or bear market. Crashes for me have always been something that happens in a day, several days, and occasionally up to several months, often indicating a bear market. Maybe I'm out to lunch on that...
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

I didn't have time to review it this morning, but was pretty sure there were some blips on the downside for at least 15 months? One thing I'm certain of, these market gurus ( Jim Rodgers had a Drudge link just today), seem to thrive on Doom prognostication. We're running at least seven years on from when we we're all supposed to be scrounging dumpsters, so as I have slowly learned and keep learning with prophecy, hold your cards closely and don't go berserker everytime someone "knows" exactly what will happen.