Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heightened Sense of Impending Apocalypse

I worry a bit too, but have to allow God to be In Charge of the results.
    Every planning system I build, the final rule is: leave the results to God,
    since you can do everything right, and still lose (the human fight, that is).

That said, I decided on an 'approximately 5 years long' plan of action
    to be ready for really hard times by about 2018 (and am running
    about a year behind). Since I think that God allowed me to see what
    may be coming, for a reason, I think he wants me to pursue this course.

If God decides to bring this American Kingdom to an end next month,
    or leave it here for 20 more years, so be it. The results belong to Him.

As for the devastation the rest of the world will face, I can only tell
    them what I know. They have to choose their course.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Fort Greely's operational mission is anti-ballistic missile. Aside from tactical assets, I think that's the only anti-ballistic site.
    I don't think that will be of any use, based on
    it's location, unless we have made some pretty
    big leaps in intercept capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
    I don't think that will be of any use, based on
    it's location, unless we have made some pretty
    big leaps in intercept capabilities.
    Ft Greely was chosen because of its location. If you're familiar with charts, think great circles. In terms of capabilities, it is operational.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by Koalie View Post
    I've been reading articles about crazy North Korea this morning and whether or not they could bomb America with a nuclear weapon. I skim through a few of the comments from random people and one person's comment had me wondering about an EMP attack. So I thought I'd ask my question here...

Does America have the ability to detect an EMP attack and deter it?

Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered.
    Both Hal Lindsey and Chuck Missler have stated that an EMP attack is not a matter of "if" but "when".
    Since North Korea has 50 subs and is feverishly working on a sub-launched nuclear missile,
    the U.S. electrical grid would be their eventual target. That would drive America back to
    the horse-and-buggy days, and a vast amount of the population would starve quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    Curious. What do you mean 15 years? I don't think the rapture immediately starts Jacobs troubles, but 22 years is a long time without the Holy Spirit or the Gospel.
    For example, Missler believes that there will be a LITERAL Babylon on the banks of the Euphrates that will be central to global economics.
    There are other examples from scripture that, if taken literally, would indicate a certain time-period to fully develop.

Another example would be the Psalm 83 War........ followed by the Ezekiel 38-39 War........ followed by the 70th Week of Daniel (ie: Tribulation).
    PS: The Holy Spirit will still be working during this time period, it's just the Body of Christ that will be removed from the earth.

Ft Greely was chosen because of its location. If you're familiar with charts, think great circles. In terms of capabilities, it is operational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambassador View Post
    Both Hal Lindsey and Chuck Missler have stated that an EMP attack is not a matter of "if" but "when".
    Well, as an eventuality, EMP is fairly likely, but it is pretty remote this month.

Since North Korea has 50 subs and is feverishly working on a sub-launched nuclear missile,
    the U.S. electrical grid would be their eventual target. That would drive America back to
    the horse-and-buggy days, and a vast amount of the population would starve quickly.
    N.K.'s problem right now, is that their subs have only about 25% of the range needed to drive over to the U.S. and they would have to make the trip right at the surface. We would see them every mile of the trip, and would see them stop for fuel about 3 times.

For example, Missler believes that there will be a LITERAL Babylon on the banks of the Euphrates that will be central to global economics.
    Well, if he is close to right about that, it may already be built.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:D...pid_Growth.ogv

There are other examples from scripture that, if taken literally, would indicate a certain time-period to fully develop.
    Another example would be the Psalm 83 War........ followed by the Ezekiel 38-39 War........ followed by the 70th Week of Daniel (ie: Tribulation).
    I have often wondered about this timeline. Will there be years between these wars? Or hours?

PS: The Holy Spirit will still be working during this time period, it's just the Body of Christ that will be removed from the earth.
    I would like to know how you think this might work.

I am not convinced you are wrong about this, but the preponderance of evidence is for a very short time (or maybe no time) between the Rapture and the beginning of the Tribulation. For me, it leans that way, but the jury is still out (in my mind).

I always think in terms of great circles, but that still
    seems like the wrong place, unless I am wrong about
    where Russian Launch facilities are.
    I will have to do more research.

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh".

Luke 21:28 / KJV
    http://rr-bb.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2301&dateline=1357777  734
    I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
    Psalm 16:8 KJV

RE: Missler's conjecture that a literal Babylon, on the Euphrates, will be the global center of economics.
    I believe that some scenarios go like this:
    Israel (alone) defeats all surrounding Islamic states in the Psalm 83 War.
    This defeat is overwhelming and humiliates and brings insurmountable shame on Islam.
    Islam simply "fades away" in shame and humiliation, allowing a "New World Order" to establish in the Middle-East.
    PS: I don't know how long it would take for this to occur, but don't see it happening prior to the Rapture.

I have been looking at Dubai for several years now, totally amazed at how fast it has materialized out of nowhere........and, kind of quietly, at that. I wondered if it had biblical ramifications. Your post here has my ears perking up!! Could this be the babylon mentioned in prophesy??? It is not far from the spot the Tigris and Euphrates merge and then empty into the gulf.......... hmmmm??? If so, then there would not need to be a long period of time at all between the rapture and the seven year trib period.

RE: Missler's conjecture that a literal Babylon, on the Euphrates, will be the global center of economics.

I believe that some scenarios go like this:
    Israel (alone) defeats all surrounding Islamic states in the Psalm 83 War.
    This defeat is overwhelming and humiliates and brings insurmountable shame on Islam.
    Islam simply "fades away" in shame and humiliation, allowing a "New World Order" to establish in the Middle-East.
    PS: I don't know how long it would take for this to occur, but don't see it happening prior to the Rapture.
    Your scenario is plausible, but it isn't the one I would bet on.
    We really won't know until afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by kathymendel View Post
    I have been looking at Dubai for several years now, totally amazed at how fast it has materialized out of nowhere........and, kind of quietly, at that. I wondered if it had biblical ramifications. Your post here has my ears perking up!! Could this be the babylon mentioned in prophesy??? It is not far from the spot the Tigris and Euphrates merge and then empty into the gulf.......... hmmmm??? If so, then there would not need to be a long period of time at all between the rapture and the seven year trib period.
    Just one of many plausible scenario's.
    I don't expect a long period of time between the Rapture and the Tribulation.
    There could be some time, however.
    I will point out that there was a few days between Jesus' Ascension and Pentecost.
    There was probably a few hours between Lot being put out of the city and the city's destruction.

There was a period of many years between the taking of Enoch and the coming of the flood.
    (More than 7, I think, even though I am not an expert on the first 10 chapters of Genesis.)

So, there, we have support for hours. For days. Or for years.
    We won't know for certain until after...

Quote Originally Posted by kathymendel View Post
    I thought this place was unique..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_A..._Economic_City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjyn5BP38_4

While starvation would be rampant, many people will be killed for their food. With the mental and spiritual condition of this country, it wont be like the Depression. These people who have been programmed by movies, etc. will be killing people for their food. If it happens, it will be like a very bad Hollywood movie and it won't be pretty. It will get ugly very very quickly.
    "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2777 View Post
    While starvation would be rampant, many people will be killed for their food. With the mental and spiritual condition of this country, it wont be like the Depression. These people who have been programmed by movies, etc. will be killing people for their food. If it happens, it will be like a very bad Hollywood movie and it won't be pretty. It will get ugly very very quickly.
    Hell-ywood

Programing the mindless sheeple since the 1920's. Ever since I came to Christ I went out looking for truth. It amazes me how Hollywood starts trends in their movies, then 10 years later it's apart of culture. Look at the up-tick in Outer Space movies! At least ONE is always in the theater now.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

I have brought it up before, but if you want to know what it will
    be like after an EMP, you might want to read "One Second After"

There there are some technical errors in the book, but it gives
    a very accurate picture of what life will be like after an EMP.

The setting is a small city not very far from Asheville NC, where
    there was no preparation for the event, and it follows the life of
    one of the community leaders for a year after the event. It is
    a bit raw and doesn't pull punches with the details, since it was
    written as a warning, and a copy sent to every person in Congress.

The author used his own home town in order to provide a lot of
    detail and the person he was on the phone with when it hit is
    a real person (I have seen them in the news).

There is virtually no religious aspect to the book, by the way.
    Since this is kinda tangent to the thread topic, if anyone wants to
    know more, just open another thread, and I will show up

I find great comfort in Luke 17:26-27, where Jesus talks about it being like it was in the days of Noah, in which people were getting married, and eating and drinking, before the flood happened suddenly (and Noah's family was delivered). This indicates to me that the time just before the Rapture may very well not be in a time of disaster, but in a time of normalcy. Afterward is an entirely different matter. Any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Accepted View Post
    I find great comfort in Luke 17:26-27, where Jesus talks about it being like it was in the days of Noah, in which people were getting married, and eating and drinking, before the flood happened suddenly (and Noah's family was delivered). This indicates to me that the time just before the Rapture may very well not be in a time of disaster, but in a time of normalcy. Afterward is an entirely different matter. Any thoughts on this?
    I am sure it will be like that in a great number of places.
    Moscow, Beijing, Sydney, Munich, Stockholm, Istanbul, and Cairo will all be at peace,
    under the rule of Atheists, Communists, or Muslims. But not where I am now, I hope.

Think of the wildly popular movie series, The Hunger Games.

-Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by Accepted View Post
    The Biblical precedent of warning is blaring loud and clear. Watchmen not only see, they 'feel' it!

I wouldn't make any guesses on a sequence of events, but I ponder a correlation between

Noah's 120 years building the Ark, and the First Zionist Congress in 1897.....
    http://rr-bb.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2301&dateline=1357777  734
    I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
    Psalm 16:8 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by logosone View Post
    The Biblical precedent of warning is blaring loud and clear. Watchmen not only see, they 'feel' it!

I wouldn't make any guesses on a sequence of events, but I ponder a correlation between

Noah's 120 years building the Ark, and the First Zionist Congress in 1897.....
    And 100 years since Balfour Declaration
    And 70 years since UN declaration to establish Israel
    and 50 years since reunification of Jerusalem

and earthquakes, famines, pestilence, wars, rumor of wars

The signs are all there that the time is short.
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.