Thread: Son witnessing to a Friend that is close

Bible Son witnessing to a Friend that is close

Good Morning,

Been a member for years but more as a lurker. So Hi from a very wet New Zealand .

My Son started University in March. He is a Born again Christian and quite the apologetic. He recently invited a Friend to an Apologetics event at Uni, and since then the Friend (Alex) has been very interested in Christianity. He has been asking him a lot of questions, and they have been talking into the early morning hours. My question (my Son's that he asked me). Are there any Preachers / Video's that he can show his friend to maybe show the Prophecies of Christ fulfilled / Necessity of the Cross and Completed work of Christ? We need something to just get Alex over. He is holding back because he has not "experienced" certain sins that he would have liked to partake in - if that makes sense. Please also pray for him so he softens his hart to Christ's calling.

Praying for salvation of Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    Been a member for years but more as a lurker. So Hi from a very wet New Zealand .

Praying
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Maybe this illustrated Gospel tract will help until you find a video. It's kind of like a very brief Bible summary and includes a page of 30 prophecies fulfilled by Jesus.

Creator or Liar? https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0005/0005_01.asp

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Here's a video I used to post a lot on here (may be a bit "young" for your friend, but the basic idea is there), made for Josh McDowell and what he presents in one of his books:

"Evidence" [just over 4 mins]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24NkCxzOdLM

(...and maybe you can find other related videos from here. )

I'll try to look for that other one I used to post too, perhaps tomorrow, if I can think where to find it.

In the meantime,

Thank you all very much. I will send it to him tonight. Please keep Alex in your prayers for him to make a decision and for Jacques for wisdom.

John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Hi Jodi, any news about your son's friend?
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)