Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Syrian Gas Attack

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks Alaska
    Posts
    18,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twisty58 View Post
    Tall Timbers, do you think he is being controlled by the globalists? I may have put too much trust in him.
    No I don't. I just think what he did in Syria was extremely short sighted and ill-advised and something that the globalists are slapping backs over. Nobody, like myself, who is very supportive of President Trump, can expect to agree with everything he does.

    In the case of Syria, we are not welcome in their country or over their airspace. We levied a significant act of war against Syria and its currently legitimate government (no matter how our government feels about Assad).

    Let's turn the tables to try and see the enormity of what he did. Granted the USA has done this sort of thing up to hundreds of times over the last couple of decades but that doesn't legitimize it. Imagine if Russia, who is allied with Syria just as we are allied with Great Britain, the EU, Japan, South Korea, etc. brought the war to us. What if they attacked the two destroyers involved in the attack and succeeded in sinking them, and then dropped tactical nukes on their home base. By my way of thinking, that would be a responsible response to an act of war against a close ally. How would we feel about that? Would we understand that we were the aggressor that began the whole thing? If something like that were to happen and the tit-for-tat progressed no further, would taking out a hand full of airplanes, some fuel, and some buildings with 49 cruise missiles have been worth the cost? We've been so insulated within our borders that we fail along with our political leaders to understand that acts of war can come with great consequences against us, and perhaps justifiably. And that is why I believe we should refrain from such acts except for when we are directly threatened, and then we shouldn't do it in tiny steps, we should do it in enormity and to full completion. There should be nothing left of that threat when the dust settles, and the whole time we must be vigilant and prepared to fight for our survival against any nation-state(s) who might retaliate against us for our actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    Once he backed out of gay marriages and abortions every Christians trust in him should have went kaput. Better than the other option but he's just another one who will have to account for himself at the Bema Throne.

    Considering he has been long time friends to the Clintons, he is very friendly with bishops and cardinals, and he's an actor (still chalking up reality tv to that) the signs were there from the start.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Trump gay marriage is "settled"

    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/14/politi...supreme-court/

    Trump nominates Gorsuch so this one is on him. Plus Gorsuch using "it's the law of the land."

    http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/03/2...mation-hearing

    You can just skip to a minute into the video to listen to Trump speak nothing but praises for Hillary and their friendship

    https://youtu.be/uCYdO5s40rY

    Trump when he appointed 33 Catholics to his advisory board. Makes the Al Davis dinner laughing and giggling seem more genuine.

    http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...dvisers-19426/
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shonsu View Post
    Yep. Amir was an officer in the IDF and has contacts very high up in Mossad. I trust what he says over any media.
    Agreed~I listen to Amir and don't even bother with the media.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    3,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    No I don't. I just think what he did in Syria was extremely short sighted and ill-advised and something that the globalists are slapping backs over. Nobody, like myself, who is very supportive of President Trump, can expect to agree with everything he does.

    In the case of Syria, we are not welcome in their country or over their airspace. We levied a significant act of war against Syria and its currently legitimate government (no matter how our government feels about Assad).

    Let's turn the tables to try and see the enormity of what he did. Granted the USA has done this sort of thing up to hundreds of times over the last couple of decades but that doesn't legitimize it. Imagine if Russia, who is allied with Syria just as we are allied with Great Britain, the EU, Japan, South Korea, etc. brought the war to us. What if they attacked the two destroyers involved in the attack and succeeded in sinking them, and then dropped tactical nukes on their home base. By my way of thinking, that would be a responsible response to an act of war against a close ally. How would we feel about that? Would we understand that we were the aggressor that began the whole thing? If something like that were to happen and the tit-for-tat progressed no further, would taking out a hand full of airplanes, some fuel, and some buildings with 49 cruise missiles have been worth the cost? We've been so insulated within our borders that we fail along with our political leaders to understand that acts of war can come with great consequences against us, and perhaps justifiably. And that is why I believe we should refrain from such acts except for when we are directly threatened, and then we shouldn't do it in tiny steps, we should do it in enormity and to full completion. There should be nothing left of that threat when the dust settles, and the whole time we must be vigilant and prepared to fight for our survival against any nation-state(s) who might retaliate against us for our actions.





    Such a good post and this is exactly how I feel about it. Especially about being VERY careful about who we bomb, attack, start war with. And that if after much contemplation we feel it is the right thing to do, we recognize the enormity of that decision, and then we do it... to full completion.

    Now add Afghanistan and the "mother of all bombs" we just dropped on them, and we are also threatening North Korea (supposedly with China backing us up but same as with Russia, China is a nation whose government I just don't think I will ever trust; mainly because of the role that we know these countries will play at some point in the future, no question about it, because the Bible tells us it will happen).

    This is 2 countries we've in the time frame of 1 week gone in, and bombed! It's a very serious thing, not some video game, not playing pretend, and I can guarantee that there have been *real live people* impacted by this. Now we are threatening North Korea and...

    I'm not saying I disagree. But I am saying that I don't know about all this. I have a very bad feeling about it, especially as pertaining to the USA, our future and our very existence. We can't just go around bombing everything and every one. There are GOING to be consequences, same as when an individual person makes decisions and consequences come for that person. Consequences ARE going to come for us as a nation and being that we are temporary residents here, we are going to be impacted.

    And the way the rest of the world views things, it's just that they have a very different perspective than we who live here in the US do. One thing I don't question... TPTB and the MSM have definitely decided they want war. The following is my personal perception only, but these past weeks since the chemical attack on Syria, Trump's entire demeanor has changed. I can see it when he speaks and I can feel it, my gut instincts. Something isn't right. I don't know if someone has something on him and is blackmailing him, or what it is that is going on... only that something big IS going on.

    We here in the USA are suddenly witnessing a once divided MSM (conservative and then liberal Trump haters) coming together, agreeing, no more Trump attacks but praising him instead, declaring all these actions of war "good". All of the issues, the reasons why we all voted Trump, all of them... illegal immigration, taking all sorts of refugees in to our country, health care, supreme court, being sick of the political correctness, being sick of the instance after instance of made up "racism" with video after video of incidents being reported by MSM about cops who are supposedly racist and with groups such as BLM gathering in mobs to protest and riot, and just ALL of it... Think for a minute!

    Everything has either gone to the wayside (such as illegal immigration, allowing all the refugees in here, health care), completely forgotten about, no longer talked about at all, and like dumb little sheeple we allow the MSM to lead us away and distract us from all these very important things. We don't question why all the sudden Trump is no longer doing anything about any of it, and no one else is either. And then also, all the sudden... no more "racist police incidents", and like BLM and all their violence, protesting, rioting, and general idiocy has fallen off the face of the planet. Boom, it's gone! The reason being, I believe anyway, because TPTB have no need for it right now, people such as Soros stop giving the dummies money and paying them to go protest and act like criminals... and so these groups are still there and existing, but like most Americans who live off the government teat and don't believe in such thing as "a real job", and since they are not getting paid to go run rampant acting like idiots, they no longer do it. No more bus loads leaving from local Walmart's everywhere, free rides to whatever city, to stir up chaos. And these lazy bums certainly aren't of their own volition going to spend their own money to go and do this stuff. Only if they get a free trip out of it, only if they get paid for it, will they go and do it.

    I don't claim to know it all, but there is a reason why all the sudden no more of this stuff which was at this time last year dominating our television sets, is now completely disappeared. And it's not because all these people protesting, that their demands have been met, that they are suddenly happy and satisfied. The reason it's all stopped is because the forces behind it have stopped. And they have stopped... because they have no use for it right now... and I believe are quite happy in that with all these recent events, us going after Syria, now Afghanistan, North Korea looming ahead with who knows what that is supposed to happen this weekend... Their intent was war, division, chaos, worldwide. They are accomplishing it and for now have no need of their little "BLM" flunkies. Also, Trump is now, for whatever the reason is, doing what they want him to... and so no reason to keep going after him either. Suddenly, Trump is getting respect on networks that are not FOX, where as before, they spoke of him in comparison to Hitler (notice no more bimbo's in pink hats either led by Madonna and Ashley Judd trying to anger the masses against Trump). He's dropped off Hollywood's radar too.

    Lastly, news we see here in the USA and news they see in other countries; very different. MSM here spins it to us in the US that we are "hero's", we are standing up for the rights of people everywhere, we are not tolerating allowing Assad to kill his own people, we are not going to let North Korea keep on with their nonsense and nuclear testing. The rest of the world though, they view us, the US, as the aggressors. Instead of Assad killing his own people, we the USA stick our noses into it and kill his people, and people generally in Syria. Now we've dropped this huge bomb on Afghanistan, not even a week later. And we are threatening North Korea, and I look 100% for us to do something there very soon (similar to what we've done in Syria/Afghanistan or maybe worse). When we do, and things we've already done... it's GOING to end up, all of it, blowing up in our faces. The rest of the world whom right now is being spun to them that "we" are the evil ones causing all of this... all of them are going to turn on the US, and good bye to us. Especially if we go after North Korea, and guarantee you that they WILL retaliate by unleashing their entire arsenal of whatever it is they do have upon South Korea. And then we, the US, are going to be blamed for the carnage in South Korea. And really, it's true, is our fault, because if we don't attack North Korea, NK is not going to go after South Korea.

    It's one big MESS. I don't claim to know the right answers. I just see the writing on the wall, and I can see where all this is going, and for the USA, it is NOT looking good. What we now debate and speculate over that we only see and experience through our television sets and computers, at the rate things are going, it's very soon going to be in our own backyard and we are going to have front row seats to it, be directly impacted by it, and we are going to know exactly what it feels like to be a civilian living in Syria, Afghanistan, numerous other countries both presently and past and the hell that we see they live in. If we don't watch ourselves, we are going to know first hand with no more luxury of arm chair quarterbacking.

    I'm not trying to scare people. Just saying what I see happening. US isn't mentioned in prophesy. I don't know how much longer our country will even continue to be in play when it comes to world events. TPTB want to get rid of us, as we are the last thing standing between them and OWG. Things are going as planned for them right now, and they think they and Satan will win this war. They won't. But the US could very well end up being a casualty.

    Pray and look up! Because He Is Coming, and I do believe VERY VERY soon!!!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,073

    Default

    Just want to say on this Good Friday, God Bless you all!

    Tiffany/TT - You make some very valid points. I have been assessing, reassessing and assessing again. The US cannot be the World Cop. We cannot go on thinking we are so far away from it all that a War could not come to our shores.

    1) Given all the Intelligence, including video tracking from Israel (Source Amir Tsarfati whom I trust), it appears that Assad did in fact drop sarin gas on his own people. I support Trumps decision to let the Navy send in the Tomahawks. Losers like Assad must be stopped from killing innocents. Was it the right decision? Were there better options? Maybe. Possibly. Maybe not.
    2) MOAB - This was dropped on cave infrastructure where ISIS dwells and hides and plans. According to Afghan leaders from the news this morning, 31 ISIS fighters are known dead, with no civilian casualties. We have been at war with ISIS and the Taliban for many years, so I see this as a strategic military move against an enemy we are actively fighting.
    3) DPRK - I say leave them alone. To me this is the dangerous area for the US. I think if we scale back over there and just continue to keep a watchful eye on NK, we can avoid sure disaster. I feel Kim is a total nut, but I do not think he will launch a nuke on anyone unless provoked. My senses tell me that there are countries such as Russia, Iran and NK who could use crude nuclear subs to get close enough to the US shores to launch. We do not need this.

    I support President Trump, and I can support the Syria launch and the MOAB cave blast. But we have got to stop, assess the global situation and not make anymore military moves alone. I think there are other countries that need to be involved militarily and diplomatically to slow the War train down.

    We know Bible Prophecy, we know how all this ends. We don't quite understand why the US is not mentioned specifically in our Bibles, we speculate on this. Only God knows the answers. But as Christ stated "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me", we must rest in this a realize that through Christ we have salvation and that one day soon we will be raptured to heaven. I'd just hate to see war come to our shores prior to this event. We will escape the tribulation, but will the US?
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet


  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In God's Creation
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    I'm not so great with all of this, but it does get me thinking...

    I have heard it said this way, that the leader of North Korea is like a bully, and the way to deal with a bully is not to ignore them, but to confront. Because, the reasoning goes, if you ignore them, they will continue to be a bully. If you confront them, they will [usually] back down. However, and I have struggled with this in my own life, at what point are the risks worth any long-term peace? Sometimes, confronting a bully is painful. Bullies can be vengeful. So, is it always wrong to ignore the bully, and always right to fight?

    If we look at this long term, and if we continue to ignore, what will the world look like in 5, 10 years? By then, will NK be even bolder, and will they attack even if not provoked? Maybe they were already planning on some attacks that we didn't hear about. I'm sure there is much information behind the situation that we don't know.

    We will know years from now what the consequences of our actions are. For now, I am resolving to pray for President Trump to have wisdom, and for God to guide and protect him. I'm not going to determine to condemn or bless his actions, I cannot know what he knows, so would not be a fair judgement. (Although I do appreciate all of you discussing this, because some things I did not know, like that there is proof that Assad was behind the gas attacks.)

    Also, what a strong VP we have, that Vice President Pence actually plans to travel to SK on Sunday (well, if this is a true fact, I read a headline on the main RR page but didn't follow the link). Right into the heat of the situation (well, almost). May God also protect and guide him!
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

    1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    3,259

    Default

    Absolutely FF, I'm praying also for President Trump, for VP Pence.

    I very much support Trump in his Presidency, even though I may not agree with each and every thing he does.

    I know for sure the alternative would have been horrendous and I'd vote for Trump again today. After all, he is human. I think that sometimes we expect too much from our worldly leaders. They are no different that us, no less sinful, in most cases even more. lol

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Harker Heights, Texas
    Posts
    197

    Default

    If we look at this long term, and if we continue to ignore, what will the world look like in 5, 10 years? By then, will NK be even bolder, and will they attack even if not provoked? Maybe they were already planning on some attacks that we didn't hear about. I'm sure there is much information behind the situation that we don't know.

    We will know years from now what the consequences of our actions are. For now, I am resolving to pray for President Trump to have wisdom, and for God to guide and protect him. I'm not going to determine to condemn or bless his actions, I cannot know what he knows, so would not be a fair judgement. (Although I do appreciate all of you discussing this, because some things I did not know, like that there is proof that Assad was behind the gas attacks.)
    Our dealing with Syria and North Korea has gotten my attention. Both of them are prophetic and I think our world will be vastly different in ten years. I'm praying and readying myself...I'm excited but nervous as well. http://www.comingchristmovie.com/jol...-59-tomahawks/

    YSIC,
    Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

    #T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

    #S c r i p t u r e S e e d s



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •