Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have You Completed What You Wish to Accomplish?

Default Have You Completed What You Wish to Accomplish?

Hope everyone had a fantastic Resurrection Sunday weekend!

My question is: have you accomplished all you wished to accomplish before Christ returns? If not, is it possible to start?

I believe Christ's return is very near. In fact, there are many even in the scientific community who do not believe we have a decade left.

While I disagree with their ideas about how the earth as we know it will end, I do agree with their idea of imminence. Given the state of technology, world governments, etc. I'd be very surprised if we were here much longer.

That said, I want to seize the day! Because I don't believe there are many left before Christ returns!

Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

I could make a list of things I want to complete but with the imminence I feel I can only place one foot in front of the other and let God's Will be done.

I just started getting involved with the high school youths at my congregation. The Spirit moves within there and with my thrusting off the path when I was their age I feel God has me moving with them to help strengthen the Word so the world doesn't give its lies about scriptures and make His children fall.

May God continue to use me as He sees fit. May He give me His strength.

I've had "Risen from the Grave" by Matt Maher who laying repeatedly in my head!
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

I was born overseas and traveled all my life. I have been fortunate to have the means to do all sorts of things in my life. So, I really have no bucket list of things to do. The only thing that I wish I could see would be to see my family come into the Kingdom. But I have no control over this. Have prayed and prayed and prayed and witnessed when possible. It may take something as startling as the Rapture to get through to my family members...and I am so ready to go...
    I am content just to be and take care of my mom and another lady (Tony) who lives in an apartment and does not drive and my husband. And to watch my nephew compete in tennis.
    Recently, my husband mentioned something about going to Israel. I was there back in 1978... it would mean getting a passport for me...

My life doesn't at all appear as I planned it. I'm old now and really I'd just like to see all of my children in love with the Lord. Three out of four have surrendered their lives to Jesus. The youngest hasn't yet. Of the three that have, only one appears to have a close relationship with Jesus, which pleases me very much.

I've done a lot in my life, a lot of things I never would have imagined myself doing before I ended up doing them. I'm preparing myself for what I call the next stage of my retirement when my youngest graduates from High School and goes off to college in another year. I'm planning on stepping back from most of my community volunteering activities and just truly taking it easy with some travel to see family thrown in.

We'll see as there's no telling what is in store for me...
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

I would love to do some street evangelism but sadly I haven't had the courage to do so yet.

I would also love to see my kids and husband have a close relationship with the Lord. I pray daily about that.

I'd love to cycle across America and dip my rear tire in the Atlantic and front tire in the Pacific.

I'd also like to do some missionary work here: http://genesisdiez.org/ My husband's uncle started this and I've always wanted to go volunteer. Hopefully we can go as a family.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalie View Post
    I would love to do some street evangelism but sadly I haven't had the courage to do so yet.
    Hi Koalie! Do you know anyone who does street evangelism that you can go along with at first? That's how I started, a person in the church put up a flyer and a small group came together and started going. We had one training session before we went. To learn things like, if you witness to folks who are waiting for the bus, don't start asking them questions like "where do you live?" because they will think you are a stalker or something.

Sorry to derail the thread.

Well I guess I need to answer. No, I will never be done with all the things I want to do. I think my body will be done before my brain. I have lots of interests and then take on more things that I do for others, so time is in short supply.... I do want to have a music ministry of sorts but that is something that God needs to make happen, in my own strength I fail.
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Firefly, I sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalie View Post
    Firefly, I sent you a PM.
    Which reminded me of another thing I want to do. Co-author a small book of summaries of the witnessing trips we have taken downtown. Snippets describing the people, the conversations, how it went, etc. It would hopefully inspire others to want to witness as well.

Thanks, Koalie, I almost had forgotten that!

At seventy-two, I have accomplished a lot in my life. Nothing outstanding.........but, my husband and I had our own business, and raised a blended family of five children and now all the kids love each other and are in touch. My children have all given their hearts to the Lord, and strive to walk closely with Him. His children are Jewish, and are not at all interested in Jesus.........even tho their Dad accepted Him as his Saviour. They know he did, but refused to try to learn or understand. I pray for Paul's whole extended family to at some point question his decision and search it out for themselves. Maybe when the rapture happens...........

When Paul went to be with the Lord two years ago, I closed down our business, sold our house, and bought another in a less expensive area not too far away, and am now moving forward with my life. I have found a new church that is wonderful. I am hoping that God has more for me to do before my life is over or He comes for us. My energy levels are much lower than they have been......... I'm tired from all I have been through and had to take care of.

But, my heart has been speaking to me of finding a way to reach out to other women who have been in my shoes............widows who feel alone and abandoned, single moms who are struggling to raise their children alone, women who are ill or alone. I have felt their pain, and I've seen how they slip through the cracks, ignored by so many friends, family members and church members. Perhaps God will give me a ministry of some kind to these women. I will have to See what doors He opens and where I am lead to walk.

I, too, believe that His coming for us will be very soon. There is not a lot of time left before we are home with Him. Hallelujah!!!

These are awesome posts!

I believe our time is so very short. I'm looking to the church report card in Revelation chapters 2 and 3. It's my desire and hope that we have nothing but the good reports from Jesus, and none of the bad.

Come Lord Jesus! We are readying ourselves for You.

Diane
    Diane

Like many of you here, I also have a strong knowing, leading or sensing, (I don't like using a couple of those words, but can't think of any other words right now to describe it), that Our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, is coming at any moment for us. It almost seems since our election in the U.S., that Almighty God put the gas pedal down to the floor with so much falling into place at once, it is amazing to watch, yet sad at the same time, because so many are not saved, lost & oblivious around us. I also have observed many believers that are not paying attention to the big picture/signs according to His Word. For me, God has my attention & has for the past almost 2 decades now. For me, I seem to be in a very small minority & I am so grateful for this forum & all of you, because I can relate to so many of you on here in comparison to those who are around me in my life, including a few believers in Jesus Christ.

In the meantime, as God leads me through His Holy Spirit, am continuing to plant seeds as He opens the doors to everyone & anyone that I cross paths with in person, by phone or online.
    Very recently, extended family members on my husband's side who are all mostly in the catholic church & raised in that denomination. My husband, when God makes the way, sometimes my love & enthusiasm for The Lord cannot be contained. I have a stepson who is totally in the world as of now, but keep trusting God with him along with my brother who has not spoken to me for 18 years now. I have laid both of them at God's feet in Jesus name & am trusting Him to make a way where it appears to be impossible & HE CAN! TY Lord! I did give my stepson one of my bibles, (had a strong leading by the Holy Spirit), the last time he was in town from out of state, visiting us & he took it home with him, now I leave it to Our Lord that one day, he will open it & read.

Also, getting more bibles out to parts of this world where they are hard to come by, like North Korea for instance. I am trying to pay attention more & more as God leads, to every opportunity for that open door that He creates to walk through & speak or do as He leads. Seems to be stronger within me than ever before, I believe from reading here many of you are experiencing the same. Our Lord is absolutely amazing & I am in total awe of Him!

I am also praying like I never have before in recent years, continually, something that has definitely taken a permanent position in my daily life as I am led by His Holy Spirit to do during my days & nights as well as constant communication with Him. Everyday, I seem to fall in love with Our Lord more & more, plus I want to keep learning more & more from Him, through His Word, all He teaches & shows me, plus all those dots He has & continues to connect for me, amazing! I give Him All The Praise & Glory for it all! I am looking forward to Heaven, the New Earth & cannot wait to see what The Lord has in store for us, more than I am sure our minds could ever imagine, truly!

God Bless you all here on RR, I have not been that active lately on here, but have come by to read periodically. I keep being blessed by so many of you here & encouraged, thank you so much, I am very grateful & appreciative for this forum & all of you on here, more than words can say actually, it is a HUGE blessing!!!

We Love Him Because He First Loved Us

1 John 4:19

I definitely have not finished what i want to before the good Lord calls us home.

This last year has been a very very rough one for me. And I really had no idea what I wanted to do with my life besides "help" people. Just wasn't sure how to do that or what I wanted to do to help people. I was going thru some college courses to start school and trying to figure things out. Then it hit me...i want to work with women who are single mothers. I know what it's like to be a single mom and feel like you are so alone, especially when it's hard to make ends meet and then the kids need something for school or you have to take a day off cuz one of your babies is sick.

I'm still not sure how I would really help them other then give them someone to talk to, maybe round up basic needs for the ones who need that, talk to the ones who just need to vent, maybe even take care of a sick baby so she doesn't have to miss work. Who knows. I know as of lately I've been very focused on getting myself back on track with finances and walking the walk a little bit better. I've got a few things I have to do before i can really help anyone in any way but i'm just in a lot of prayer right no

IN some ways I have, in some ways I haven't.

While I have had the opportunity to do street evangelism, I would have liked to do more.

My energy levels are at an all time low at this dose of medication, I am lucky to get the laundry done in a timely manner lately.

Certainly ready to be raptured.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: ď Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?Ē

Then I said, ďHere am I! Send me.Ē

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.í

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    IN some ways I have, in some ways I haven't.

While I have had the opportunity to do street evangelism, I would have liked to do more.

My energy levels are at an all time low at this dose of medication, I am lucky to get the laundry done in a timely manner lately.

Certainly ready to be raptured.
    Bolded part for me too, but I can't blame medication. It seems as though the weight of oppression in this world is wearing out so many saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Bolded part for me too, but I can't blame medication. It seems as though the weight of oppression in this world is wearing out so many saints.
    I agree with you Firefly. I feel like a thick blanket of oppression and evil has covered our country. I sent an article to my family members that I found recently that called for the right to vote to be taken away from white men in this country and that assets---land--should be "redistributed"--like in Zimbabwe. I first heard of the call for "reparations" when Obama was in office. Just because he is gone does not mean the sentiment/goal has changed in any way, shape or form. Their goal continues (of the left). I have had constant attacks from my sister since Trump's election that have worn me down and disheartened me. My husband wanted to watch Rogue One at home last night which we did. I was stunned when I heard Gin's response when asked how could she live with the Empire in control of all and did she not want to be part of the Opposition. She stated---she would only see that world if she looked up so as long as she does not look up to see what is really going on she is fine... I realized when I heard this that I had been doing this recently---just tending to my own world of my mom and my husband...and that my time spent in prayer had suffered. Well, this was a wake up call to me. I may not be able to change the course of evil taking over this country but prayer is all powerful and through prayer I can affect the course of people's lives. So, I am now shaking off the pervasive lethargy that has enveloped me and rededicating myself to prayer.

Yes. This. Most Christians are so tired. I love how Jesus tells us we have "a little strength." (Church of Philadelphia) That can be both good and bad. We have some strength...but not much. Being so far removed from the Cross in terms of time passed...well, it's certainly shows in society.

Diane
    Diane

Quote Originally Posted by poc4dw View Post
    My question is: have you accomplished all you wished to accomplish before Christ returns? If not, is it possible to start?

Diane
    Hello Diane.

Was just talking about this the other day with the wife. I am as ready as I will ever be, I cannot get any more ready, literally.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

I havenít accomplished what I wanted on this earth but Iím not worried by it anyway. This year has thrown a major whammy at life and itís affecting everything from finances, emotions and my mental and physical health. From what I see it is happening to a number of Christians and I hope it is God preparing us, perhaps even chastising some of us, for the soon blessed hope (Titus 2:13). It reminds me of the letter to the church of Philadelphia in Revelation 3:8: ďI know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.Ē I am very encouraged to see so many brethren around the world looking for and loving His appearing (2 Timothy 4:8, 1 John 3:2). No wonder Paul urged the church to encourage one another with these words. Like others I canít wait to be with Jesus and I too am so ready, Iíve never been so ready in my 26 years of waiting and watching.

Hello Diane.

Was just talking about this the other day with the wife. I am as ready as I will ever be, I cannot get any more ready, literally.
    Yesssss. Me too.

$teven
    I haven’t accomplished what I wanted on this earth but I’m not worried by it anyway. This year has thrown a major whammy at life and it’s affecting everything from finances, emotions and my mental and physical health. From what I see it is happening to a number of Christians and I hope it is God preparing us, perhaps even chastising some of us, for the soon blessed hope (Titus 2:13). It reminds me of the letter to the church of Philadelphia in Revelation 3:8: “I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.” I am very encouraged to see so many brethren around the world looking for and loving His appearing (2 Timothy 4:8, 1 John 3:2). No wonder Paul urged the church to encourage one another with these words. Like others I can’t wait to be with Jesus and I too am so ready, I’ve never been so ready in my 26 years of waiting and watching.
    I hear ya. For what it's worth I really don't believe we have much longer. I've been watching eleven years...the weariness is hard to resist at times.

Diane
    Last edited by poc4dw; May 7th, 2017 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Messed it up
    Diane

Quote Originally Posted by $teven View Post
    I havenít accomplished what I wanted on this earth but Iím not worried by it anyway. This year has thrown a major whammy at life and itís affecting everything from finances, emotions and my mental and physical health. From what I see it is happening to a number of Christians and I hope it is God preparing us, perhaps even chastising some of us, for the soon blessed hope (Titus 2:13). It reminds me of the letter to the church of Philadelphia in Revelation 3:8: ďI know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.Ē I am very encouraged to see so many brethren around the world looking for and loving His appearing (2 Timothy 4:8, 1 John 3:2). No wonder Paul urged the church to encourage one another with these words. Like others I canít wait to be with Jesus and I too am so ready, Iíve never been so ready in my 26 years of waiting and watching.
    Yes, I too have seen many experiencing greater testing as of late. It makes me wonder if we are taking our "finals" in preparation for graduation.