Thread: Cyber attack spreads across 74 countries; some UK hospitals crippled

Default Cyber attack spreads across 74 countries; some UK hospitals crippled

The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

When everybody is tied in to the same databases and database sharing and the records are digitized... makes a pretty tempting target.

These kinds of actions are significant enough to be considered acts of war by my way of thinking, but because they are perpetrated by individuals and groups, often across nation-state lines, I believe that these kinds of serious incidents will lend credibility to placing the entire world under one sovereign government, thereby theoretically making it easier to prevent or otherwise find and prosecute the offending parties. It would also necessitate a governing authority that pretty much controlled everything.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

I can't believe in this day and age that people still click on attachments......
    The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

There was just an emergency antivirus update by Microsoft.
    The virus did not require "clicking on a link" or any action to be infected.

Default Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    When everybody is tied in to the same databases and database sharing and the records are digitized... makes a pretty tempting target.

These kinds of actions are significant enough to be considered acts of war by my way of thinking, but because they are perpetrated by individuals and groups, often across nation-state lines, I believe that these kinds of serious incidents will lend credibility to placing the entire world under one sovereign government, thereby theoretically making it easier to prevent or otherwise find and prosecute the offending parties. It would also necessitate a governing authority that pretty much controlled everything.
    Satan must be salivating--------

Quote Originally Posted by Ambassador View Post
    Microsoft Update Security for Win7 Service Pack 1 should be KB4012212. I updated with this patch to fend off the Wannacry Worm Virus. Hope it works. I don't want to install any other 'updates' in fear it will transform into windows 10 and destroy everything anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambassador View Post
    From the link in the original post:
    The malware was sent via email with a file attached to it. From there, it subsequently spread.
    Hence, the reason Cindy thought the person would have to click on a link.
    And on certain mail systems, the person probably would have to click on it.

There is a lot left out of the article, one item of which (if I understood the
    discussions correctly) is that once it infects one computer in an organization,
    all computers within the trust network of that organization would be infected,
    even if they don't normally trust the infected computer. That was one of the
    software defects exploited, to spread the infection.

Think I saw something that this came from our own cyber-warfare arsenala
    and is a "remnant" of the Stuxnet worm......

Heard John McAFee in an interview say that practically everythig is compromised
    with 2 generations of hackers and hacking software a monkey can use...
    http://rr-bb.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2301&dateline=1357777  734
    I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
    Psalm 16:8 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by logosone View Post
    Think I saw something that this came from our own cyber-warfare arsenala
    and is a "remnant" of the Stuxnet worm......
    No, it isn't Stux. I have studied Stux, since it was a novelty and caught my interest.
    But it is a nasty bug, no matter what it's name.

Most important, though, keep good backups.

Very good point!
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

How is the anti-christ going to fend off hackers, I wonder?

"We're sorry. The 666 Network is temporarily down due to a cyber terrorist attack. We are currently attempting to recover lost data, and hope to be back online by the end of the week. Meanwhile, everyone is required to report to the nearest jail so that we can continue to keep track of you all and ensure your safety."

Matt 16:27 | Rom 3:23 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Quote Originally Posted by Haeddre View Post
    How is the anti-christ going to fend off hackers, I wonder?

"We're sorry. The 666 Network is temporarily down due to a cyber terrorist attack. We are currently attempting to recover lost data, and hope to be back online by the end of the week. Meanwhile, everyone is required to report to the nearest jail so that we can continue to keep track of you all and ensure your safety."

With public executions.

Quote Originally Posted by benmcd View Post
    With public executions.
    Assuming they can be caught. No doubt that the Tribulation is going to be absolutely horrific and the threat of death is going to be a very real and very inevitable outcome for the vast majority of people who suffer through it.

But like the Rapture event, there will be a small sliver of people who will by God's mercy survive to the end and either go into the Millennial Kingdom alive for their faith (these will be the ones who will repopulate the world) or be directly judged by God post-Megiddo in the sheep and goats judgment.

Not something one would want to strive for if you're in this present age however, seeing as you can skip the entire ordeal and get a better standing by faith through Jesus Christ right now. The people who come to faith in this time will sorely regret not doing so in the time before the Tribulation.

Many may well not get the chance and will die in their sins or else become part of the last days abomination from which one irrevocably sides with Satan over God.

Even so, there are many clever people in the world. Technology is being used to do stranger and stranger things still even in this day and age. God is perfect. But man and Satan certainly are not.

It's not beyond the imagination that a few might make work for themselves or take up work for others as hackers in some grossly interconnected techno Tribulation nightmare. A means of survival or "beating the system", for food or essentials that can't be gained legitimately outside of an enforced Satanic system.

Gotta watch out for this guy though. In those days if he get's you, he bans you IRL.