Thread: Windows 10 Creator's Update

Default Windows 10 Creator's Update

The spring Creator's update for Windows 10 is the most recent update of the operating system. Whenever there is a major update I download it and put it onto a DVD so that we don't have a dozen computers all trying to download a large sized update via our 1 megabit pipeline. These updates would otherwise shut us down.

Additionally I like having the most current OS on DVD in case a re-install in needed. I guess for those with faster internet connections it's not an issue... but since about 25% of folks in the USA still have mediocre access, it might be a good idea for those to download the ISO image for installation on a DVD.

Microsoft plans to roll out a major update twice a year. There will be a fall Creator's Update this year as well.

On all of our desktops and notebooks that are running Windows 10 the update installed without a hitch.

I still need to use "Classic Shell" to emulate the good old days of the Windows 7 interface. On occasions when I'm working on someone else's computer I find it difficult to work with the standard Windows 10 interface since I'm not accustomed to using it.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    The spring Creator's update for Windows 10 is the most recent update of the operating system. Whenever there is a major update I download it and put it onto a DVD so that we don't have a dozen computers all trying to download a large sized update via our 1 megabit pipeline. These updates would otherwise shut us down.

Additionally I like having the most current OS on DVD in case a re-install in needed. I guess for those with faster internet connections it's not an issue... but since about 25% of folks in the USA still have mediocre access, it might be a good idea for those to download the ISO image for installation on a DVD.

Microsoft plans to roll out a major update twice a year. There will be a fall Creator's Update this year as well.

On all of our desktops and notebooks that are running Windows 10 the update installed without a hitch.

I still need to use "Classic Shell" to emulate the good old days of the Windows 7 interface. On occasions when I'm working on someone else's computer I find it difficult to work with the standard Windows 10 interface since I'm not accustomed to using it.
    I guess I am still way behind on my terminology.
    Does "Creator's Update " refer to content creator, or the creator of the software, or something else?
    Walking in The Light of His Word.

Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
    Does "Creator's Update " refer to content creator, or the creator of the software, or something else?
    No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    No idea.
    I looked up, and found the basics of an answer on Wikipedia:
    From the Table of contents for the Wikipedia entry, it is apparent that "Creators Update" is simply a name. Sort of like the old "Update Release" they would do a year after some thing like Win2K was originally released. This seems to me like the releases of IBM's OS/2 which had names like "Merlin" and "Warp." (OK, I guess I gave away my age with those

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window...ersion_history
    Contents [hide]
    1 Rings
    2 PC version history
    2.1 Version 1507
    2.2 Version 1511 (November Update)
    2.3 Version 1607 (Anniversary Update)
    2.4 Version 1703 (Creators Update)
    2.5 Fall Creators Update
    3 Mobile version history
    3.1 Version 1511 (November Update)
    3.2 Version 1607 (Anniversary Update)
    3.3 Version 1703 (Creators Update)
    3.4 Fall Creators Update
    4 See also
    5 References
    6 External links
    Walking in The Light of His Word.

I looked up, and found the basics of an answer on Wikipedia:
    From the Table of contents for the Wikipedia entry, it is apparent that "Creators Update" is simply a name. Sort of like the old "Update Release" they would do a year after some thing like Win2K was originally released. This seems to me like the releases of IBM's OS/2 which had names like "Merlin" and "Warp." (OK, I guess I gave away my age with those
    I had OS/2 on my desktop for 10 years. I really liked that OS.