Thread: Samsung S8 Screen Susceptible to Breakage

Default Samsung S8 Screen Susceptible to Breakage

One of my daughters got a new phone yesterday. We're firmly in the android camp. She chose to purchase a Samsung S7 over the S8 because the word on the street is that the wrap around screen on the S8 is extra susceptible to damage.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/n...-screen-cracks

The style also makes it more difficult to find a good fitting case along with a screen protector for the phone.

This daughter of mine has never dropped her phone. She attributes that to the fact that she puts them in big bulky very protective cases. She says if she didn't do that she'd probly drop it and break it.

I put mine in slimmer cases that offer less protection. I've had an S7 for a while and had a difficult time finding a glass screen protector I liked that would stay attached due to the slight curvature of the screen on the S7. I'll be interested to see case designs for the S8 as they're introduced.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

I just saw your post...you may have a new phone by now...but this is the one I got. Full screen protection and super easy for us non-techie people to install!
    It goes on instantly, and perfectly smooth. It also works great with the case I have on it...other similar protectors have buckled at one corner, but this does not.

https://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/invisi...sung-galaxy-s7

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

I've still got the phone (S7)... will probably have it for a long time. I ended up with a screen that doesn't cover the curved part. I haven't dropped the phone yet, thankfully. I started out with a glass protector that covered the whole screen but it would pop right off. I sent it back and then got the one I have now. Did your screen protector have the stuff that makes it stick on over the entire back surface, or just around the edges?
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

It covers the entire face, including the edges, but not the back.
    The original one I had, which was full screen protection, did come loose at one corner, and eventually came off. I've had the Zagg for many months, and it is as secure as ever.
    You can't tell there's a screen protector on it!
    To me, it was well worth the price, after spending money on so many others!

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8