Thread: Seven Churchs of Revelation

Default Seven Churchs of Revelation

So, I read in Tim LaHaye's "Are We Living In the End Times" that the seven church's are actually seven periods of time in the Church. Is this true?
    "And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
    -Joel 2: 30-32a

I've heard it before. Try these sermons out: https://www.dbcmedia.org/sermons/rev...volume-1-of-3/

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Tim Laye's book on Revelation and end times are very good. I feel they are the most accurate of any out there, as far as commentary is concerned.

I look at the Seven Church ages as a progression or evolution of evil. I believe there are several reasons they are mentioned by Jesus Christ. One he moves around and through the candlesticks which show that he is ever present to the churches and to Christians. Secondly, he uses them to demonstrate to his church that Satan will and intends to deceive us. To be aware and to recognize this as a spiritual threat.

Starting with the Church of Ephesus each had their trials but Ephesus was a time where Christianity grew and became rooted. Then the age of Smyrna is where the church was persecuted. The reason is that Satan I believe thought if he persecuted Christians, no one would want to be a Christian. Then he found out that just the opposite occurred.
    What a time of persecution and growth.

So he wised up, He understood that he had to conquer the christians through deception and deceitfulness. He is Satan you know. So he started organizations.

What started as "DEEDS" in the Ephesus Church age, became "DOCTRINES" in the Church age of Pergamos. Study the Nicolataines and you will learn that they divide and attempt to conquer. Jesus Christ was very clear he Hates the deeds and the doctrines of these people, but he does not hate the people.

They should repent.

Each church age has continued to build or compound on the deception that Satan has created. There are always a few though that stay true to Jesus Christ.

I understand the argument to make the churches into church age. But John wrote,

“Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;”
    **Revelation‬ *1:19‬ *KJV‬‬
    http://bible.com/1/rev.1.19.kjv

To me, he was talking to the churches and the information he shared with them would profit a man living in any generation.

There's so much other info we can use to see what's going on. And that Jesus will be here soon. I wouldn't stretch this part out myself.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ce7 View Post
    What started as "DEEDS" in the Ephesus Church age, became "DOCTRINES" in the Church age of Pergamos. Study the Nicolataines and you will learn that they divide and attempt to conquer. Jesus Christ was very clear he Hates the deeds and the doctrines of these people, but he does not hate the people.

They should repent.
    I've had a continual question about "the doctrine / deeds of the Nicolaitans / Nicolaitanes"... some commentaries say:

" 'Nicolaitan / Nicolaitane' means 'the conquering of the people' " (as in, leaders are doing this TO the people);

yet other commentaries say:

" 'Nicolaitan / Nicolaitane' means 'the conquering of the people' " (as in, the PEOPLE are conquering [against the leaders, it seems]... more like what you are suggesting... that the people of a congregation are doing the deeds [or practicing this doctrine])

when they go on to explain in their commentary what they gather that phrase (or definition) to mean. Yet the views are so disparate...

Anyone got any clues to this?

Quote Originally Posted by ce7 View Post
    Each church age has continued to build or compound on the deception that Satan has created. There are always a few though that stay true to Jesus Christ.