Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worried About My Church

Thank you guys so much! I wasn't expecting you guys to watch a sermon! Thank you for your advice. I knew something was up when they offered cake and champagne for communion during Easter service. But thank you for confirming my thoughts.
    "And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
    -Joel 2: 30-32a

Quote Originally Posted by Beloved View Post
    Thank you guys so much! I wasn't expecting you guys to watch a sermon! Thank you for your advice. I knew something was up when they offered cake and champagne for communion during Easter service. But thank you for confirming my thoughts.
    Hey, was glad to be a small part of this. (I only watched
    excerpts) There were about 4 of us (I think) so we had
    some good team work going

Cake is definitely wrong (the bread should be unleavened)
    but champagne is just weird.

I did see some stuff in that video that made me think of
    the health and wealth theology, so the champagne
    would fit that.

Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
    Hey, was glad to be a small part of this. (I only watched
    excerpts) There were about 4 of us (I think) so we had
    some good team work going

Cake is definitely wrong (the bread should be unleavened)
    but champagne is just weird.

I did see some stuff in that video that made me think of
    the health and wealth theology, so the champagne
    would fit that.
    I actually really liked your part. It helped focus (me at least) into a way of showing how they put the "right stuff" up, then the subtle hints you can find and then what the REAL message is.

I learned finding my new congregation that if the pastor and the youth pastor (if you have youth) will not sit down with you (for an hour) and actually talk theology look else where.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Yay!

Hey guys! I just wanted to report that, through a series of events, God brought me out of Crossroads! Our family tried a new church last week. It was better. God is VERY cool.
    "And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
    -Joel 2: 30-32a

Hey guys! I just wanted to report that, through a series of events, God brought me out of Crossroads! Our family tried a new church last week. It was better. God is VERY cool.
    Praise the Lord!!

I'm so excited you can include the family in some awesome fellowship!!
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Often God's ways are mysterious only while we are in the middle of them...
    Back on the 13th of May, I wrote:
    "But each time He wants me to leave what I am doing, He makes it impossible to stay. Twice He has injured me in such a way I could no longer do the work at my employment, while simultaneously opening an opportunity somewhere else."
    You can bet I didn't like getting hurt, but did enjoy the consequences.

SO VERY HAPPY for you and for your family, Beloved!!! It's awesome to see how God answers prayer!!

Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon