Thread: Democrats fume over 'secret' Republican healthcare bill

Default Democrats fume over 'secret' Republican healthcare bill

Washington (AFP) - Democrats gearing up for a new round of battles against Republican efforts to do away with Barack Obama's signature health care law are condemning a US Senate replacement bill being crafted by Republicans behind closed doors.

Senator Bernie Sanders urged Democrats on Sunday to do "everything they can" to oppose a Republican bill that for weeks has been drafted by party leaders in secret.

"My understanding is that it will be brought forth just immediately before we have to vote on it. This is completely unacceptable," Sanders, an independent who is a member of the Democratic party leadership, told CBS's "Face the Nation" program.

"It seems to me that what they want to do, because this legislation is so bad, is keep it secret, keep it hidden, and in the last possible second rush it before the Senate and get a vote within a few hours. That is beyond belief," Sanders said in a separate interview with CNN.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office says that a House version of the bill -- an effort to overturn the Democratic former president's sweeping reforms -- would cause 23 million Americans to lose health insurance.

The measure, which has already cleared the House of Representatives, is now before the Senate.

"It was the worst piece of legislation frankly against working class people that I can remember in my political life in the Congress... Throwing 23 million people off of health insurance is beyond belief," said Sanders, who lost the Democratic presidential nomination last year to Hillary Clinton.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrats...165904039.html
    I don't think I've ever seen hypocrisy on the level of the Democratic Party! They barred Republicans from having any say in Obamacare, which in hindsight was actually a blessing because it's so horrible, but they pitch a hissy fit when the same thing is done to them. Seriously, the Rapture cannot happen fast enough for me to get off this insane planet and away from these evil, satanic minions.

I agree with you. The hypocrisy of these people is mind boggling.

This news is laughable...Congress didn't even see the bill in it's entirety until after it passed...remember Pelosi...we'll have to read it to know what's in it...
    what a hypocritical joke

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

You have to pass it to find out what's in it!

Default Too bad so sad

To the dumbocrats - elections have consequences?? What goes around, comes around. The shoe is on the other foot now. If you pull a dog's tail long enough, he'll bit the snot out of you.

Just gettin'started ------ I find their ignorant rants amusing.

And all of this for a bill that, in all likelihood, will not be that much different than Obamacare.
    (Based on what was put forth from this "secretive" process last time.)

Just thought I'd pop by here to ask what you all think of the healthcare bill now that it's out? Seems like even public approval rates are extremely low. Millions stand to lose their insurance, and Medicaid stands to be slashed significantly ($880 billion over 10 years). This will affect people who are already quite vulnerable...

I know Obamacare wasn't anyone's cup of tea here...but I don't think the AHCA is quite the suitable replacement anyone was hoping for. What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetG View Post
    Just thought I'd pop by here to ask what you all think of the healthcare bill now that it's out? Seems like even public approval rates are extremely low. Millions stand to lose their insurance, and Medicaid stands to be slashed significantly ($880 billion over 10 years). This will affect people who are already quite vulnerable...

I know Obamacare wasn't anyone's cup of tea here...but I don't think the AHCA is quite the suitable replacement anyone was hoping for. What do you all think?
    No. You just stopped by to spread some LEFTIST propaganda.
    Candy coated, of course, for plausible deniability.

As to what I think: it isn't "out" as you say, except in the fake news.
    And when it does come out, it won't go nearly far enough.

The house is burning down, and the social justice warriors and politically correct
    crowd are pushing us to replace the fire with a bigger and better fire.

Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
    No. You just stopped by to spread some LEFTIST propaganda.
    Candy coated, of course, for plausible deniability.

As to what I think: it isn't "out" as you say, except in the fake news.
    And when it does come out, it won't go nearly far enough.

The house is burning down, and the social justice warriors and politically correct
    crowd are pushing us to replace the fire with a bigger and better fire.

Republicans had seven years to get together at thier homes, in restaurants, or even on sabbatical to work on this bill, they should have had it ready for Trump to read,approve and sign the day he took office, so why didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by katt View Post
    Republicans had seven years to get together at thier homes, in restaurants, or even on sabbatical to work on this bill, they should have had it ready for Trump to read,approve and sign the day he took office, so why didn't they?
    They actually wrote the repeal bill and passed it a couple of times, knowing that Obama would veto it, or at least refuse to sign it. But now that Trump is in office, and passing it means they have to own it, they run scared.

Currently, we have three kinds of people in the Legislative Branch of our Federal Government. We have Evil Legislators (all of the Democrats and a couple of RINO's) and some Good Legislators, Even Statesmen (but only about 5% of them fall into this category), and a lot of spineless politicians who know what is right, but don't want to risk sounding "mean," and so they go along with the Evil ones.

Default Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
    They actually wrote the repeal bill and passed it a couple of times, knowing that Obama would veto it, or at least refuse to sign it. But now that Trump is in office, and passing it means they have to own it, they run scared.

Currently, we have three kinds of people in the Legislative Branch of our Federal Government. We have Evil Legislators (all of the Democrats and a couple of RINO's) and some Good Legislators, Even Statesmen (but only about 5% of them fall into this category), and a lot of spineless politicians who know what is right, but don't want to risk sounding "mean," and so they go along with the Evil ones.
    And as "Edith Ann" from the old "Laugh-In" show would say ---- "and that's the truth".

Even if the RINOS aren't re-elected, they still get a VERY cushy retirement compliments of the taxpayers, ELITE free health care for themselves and their families, and most likely move on to lucrative incomes from lobbying and the profitable "speaking" tour garbage.

But our government is SO corrupt, and has been for decades, and there is no hope of improvement until Jesus comes back and rules this world in righteousness!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by madcat View Post
    And as "Edith Ann" from the old "Laugh-In" show would say ---- "and that's the truth".

Even if the RINOS aren't re-elected, they still get a VERY cushy retirement compliments of the taxpayers, ELITE free health care for themselves and their families, and most likely move on to lucrative incomes from lobbying and the profitable "speaking" tour garbage.

But our government is SO corrupt, and has been for decades, and there is no hope of improvement until Jesus comes back and rules this world in righteousness!!!!!!!

But, even that is minor in the grand scheme of things. The elected officials, while we can get rid of those, make up a small percentage of the government. The "Deep State" that we talk about, like we comprehend it, is a massive leviathan that has more heads than the Hydra each of them employees more snakes than Medusa.

Remember, last November, voters in Washington DC supported Hillary over Trump by a 10:1 margin, and in the surrounding districts in Maryland and Virginia the ratio wasn't far from that. Now look at the numbers of Demoncrats we are talking about:
    In Washington DC alone Hillary had over 282,000 supporters, and the Washington Bureaucracy employs about 170,000 of them. If you get rid of all of the Demoncrats, and all of the RINO's, the next congress will still be saddled with a bureaucracy that is hostile to Christians and hostile to American values.

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/fe...-by-state.html

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/re...-clinton-trump
    https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/maryland
    https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/virginia
    http://www.governing.com/gov-data/fe...-by-state.html
    (In those blue zones, about 3 million people voted for Hillary.)

You said: "there is no hope of improvement until Jesus comes back"
    but it is because of what I outlined here, that I agree with you.

The deep state is deeper and more toxic than most of us can imagine.
    Kinda like our own Black Sea.
    https://phys.org/news/2016-09-black-...le-volume.html