Thread: Any writers out there?

Default Any writers out there?

I'll start. Back in the early seventies when I was a baby Christian I heard a radio preacher say something which rocked me to this day (and this is paraphrased): "The Bible makes it clear no one knows the day or the hour of the return of Christ ... but what if you knew the week? Now I'm not saying that could happen, but what you do if God told every believer on earth that Jesus was going to return sometime in the next 168 hours? How would that urgency impact your life for Him? What would you do with those 168 hours?"

A few years passed and I began writing (and getting published) but what that man had said stuck with me. Finally a few ago I wrote a novel, LAST CALL, dealing with just that subject. A small Christian house published it, but when it didn't really go anywhere I got the rights back and put it up on Amazon as both an ebook and paperback. It started to take off, and to date it's garnered seventy-three reviews, most of them four- or five-star.

I did get one dude who sent me a scathing email saying I was a heretic but overall, the whole thing was a joy to write.

Anybody else putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard)?
    John Robinson

Scribe

Sorry about the typos in the above post, folks. Due to a brain injury when I was nine I have dyslexia (a real treat when you're a writer!) and sometimes things slip past.
    John Robinson

Scribe

Yeppers!

I've been authoring about three years now. Difficult trade, but rewarding if you endure.

Congrats, Gravity. Keep going...God nods approvingly.

YSIC,
    Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

Default "Last Call"

Our church has a web page where members "blogs" are posted bi-weekly. I was asked three weeks ago to write a blog for Sept. 12 posting. I felt led to title it "Last Call". With all the events currently happening I believe it may be the "Last Call" for many, many people... In fact, if I even considered publishing, I don't believe there would be enough time left to achieve it! We are there!! "Look up, for your Redemption draweth near"!!!

Maranatha, God Bless,
    1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed!