Thread: Do you attend family events over guilt?

Default Do you attend family events over guilt?

I am dreading an upcoming event. Do you go when you don't want to go just to avoid guilt?
    The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Yep. My family are largely liberal's liberals. My brother, who is a science man, sat there and told me of "transgender" people, that there could be one truth for one person and another for someone else. Postmodern humanistic relative truth chicken crap. It's actually painful to go see them. We went to pickup food, and the establishment is a very old BBQ place. They had a "suggestion box" type thing on a little shelf in the dining room with a Prayer Requests -- Our staff will be happy to pray for your needs" sign above it, and he was mocking that. I've shared the Gospel with all of them at one point or another over the years, and it hurts to see them rejecting Christ, and to hear about how lovely they all are. And they are nice, as far as people go, but headed for a bad surprise out of pure ignorance. That's what makes it even worse. I'm a sinner. I know it. Many of them are twice the breadwinner, scholar or parent I will ever be, but none of that matters when you draw your last breath. They just don't get it.

Then, after one of these visits, I feel guilty because I don't think I am showing them Jesus very well.

ers for all our lost loved ones.

eta: And not only out of guilt, if it was just about me, I would stay home. But I am always hoping and praying this will be the visit when I may get to say something that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy S. View Post
    I am dreading an upcoming event. Do you go when you don't want to go just to avoid guilt?
    Nope. If I can come up with a legitimate reason, then I go. But not for guilt or shame.

We just had a huge family reunion on my husband's side up in northern Idaho. Family from all over the country showed up.
    I wasn't really looking forward to going but it was actually pretty nice to visit with family that we hadn't seen in years. When I got tired of talking to people I just grabbed my daughter and we went for a walk or played one of the many yard games.

Cindy, I pray that the Lord will take this dread out of you and replace it with His peace concerning this event. Just remember that it'll be over before you know it!

Quote Originally Posted by Koalie View Post
    We just had a huge family reunion on my husband's side up in northern Idaho. Family from all over the country showed up.
    I wasn't really looking forward to going but it was actually pretty nice to visit with family that we hadn't seen in years. When I got tired of talking to people I just grabbed my daughter and we went for a walk or played one of the many yard games.

Cindy, I pray that the Lord will take this dread out of you and replace it with His peace concerning this event. Just remember that it'll be over before you know it!
    Im at the event right now. Going to leave before they get too drunk.
    The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Thank God they disowned him.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

My personal family no. Don't talk to a single one anymore.

My wife's family I do. I love em. But they are liberals. We finally no longer talk politics cause I won't keep my trap shut and it's either peaceful or I will call out liberal nonsense.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.