Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hillary Clinton is reportedly considering becoming a pastor–your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
    Also, I think she must be in serious denial of reality of how many more years she will remain in good health.
    We already saw the toll on her health this last campaign took on her.
    Oh, I think that was just a cold (joking!).. Or the Russians made it appear as if she were sick.

Seriously, all they would need to do is to build a robot to look like her, then if she goes downhill in health they can pull out the robot. Would be ok if the robot has glitches, since she already has been seen saying odd things and not walking securely. If she died, it could be made to look like she miraculously came back to life. Hmm, where have I heard a story like that before?

Sorry, I am probably too close to the tin-foil-hat shed. I couldn't resist.
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Quote Originally Posted by Truthteller7 View Post
    Agreed, except on the point of women being forbidden to teach. Look at the word in the Greek, what Paul meant was that he forbade them from dominating over men and usurping authority.

Corinth was known for domineering women that would seize control of the church.
    I see with you I shall have to provide the exegesis. Very well!

Women are indeed enjoined not to teach men per 1Tim.2:12 "γυναικι δε διδασκειν ουκ επιτρεπω ουδε αυθεντειν ανδρος αλλ ειναι εν ησυχια

1. There first verb is is διδασκω (present active infinitive); meaning to teach. The direct object of both the first and third verbs is ανδρος. the common plural for men.

2. The second verb is επιτρεπω (present active indicative); meaning to give permission. Coupled with negative "ουκ" we find the Apostle's denial of such permission. This applies to both the first and third verbs.

3. The third verb is the one you seized upon, αυθεντεω (present active infinitive) meaning to take authority, or to dominate over the object (men). Coupled with the negative "ουδε" the Apostle also forbids this condition. Of course, this point alone should preclude female Pastors among Bible believing Christians.

4. The last words εν ησυχια intend women in church to be peacefully quiet in demeanor. It does not demand their utter silence, as the KJV would infer.

In short, the Apostle forbade both women teaching men and women ruling over men in the assembly of believers under the Headship of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Now would you kindly provide a reference backing your positive assertion that, "Corinth was known for domineering women that would seize control of the church". Somehow I don't think the problem was nor is unique to Corinth of old.

Marvin

Does anyone have a link to verify the OP?

-Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Does anyone have a link to verify the OP?
    These are not air tight proofs that she is considering it, but the authors of the articles think she is.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/1...odist-preacher

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ionals/535941/
    Hillary Clinton wants to preach. That’s what she told Bill Shillady, her longtime pastor, at a recent photo shoot for his new book about the daily devotionals he sent her during the 2016 campaign. Scattered bits of reporting suggest that ministry has always been a secret dream of the two-time presidential candidate: Last fall, the former Newsweek editor Kenneth Woodward revealed that Clinton told him in 1994 that she thought “all the time” about becoming an ordained Methodist minister. She asked him not to write about it, though: “It will make me seem much too pious.” The incident perfectly captures Clinton’s long campaign to modulate—and sometimes obscure—expressions of her faith.

Shillady paraphrased the theologian Karl Barth, saying he wrote with “a newspaper in one hand and the Bible in the other”; he wanted to show that he was crafting the devotionals in response to current events. But many of the news clippings and tweets peppered in the margins date from after the conclusion of the project. They seem carefully curated to vindicate not just Clinton’s faithfulness, but her political record as well.

Once a politician has spent as many years in the public eye as Clinton has, always trailed by a faint cloud of real or imagined scandal, it becomes impossible to distinguish the authentic from the tightly controlled public image. It’s ironic that Clinton has chosen this period in her life—on the heels of failure, fading out of public life—to celebrate a part of herself that she cherishes, just as millions of other Americans cherish their faith. Perhaps, after being unwilling to wield her faith as a voter-recruitment tool, she’s willing to sacrifice her privacy in a final bid for public redemption.

Or perhaps she is settling into an alternate path, one she’s apparently fantasized about in secret for a long time.

“Given her depth of knowledge of the Bible and her experience of caring for people and loving people, she’d make a great pastor,” Shillady told me. No, she probably won’t go to seminary, he said. No, she probably won’t pursue an official lay position in the Methodist church, like deaconess. (I reached out to Clinton’s spokespeople for comment, but didn’t hear back.) “I think it would be more of … her guest preaching at some point,” he said. “We have a long history of lay preachers in the United Methodist Church.”

Quote Originally Posted by aquacjp View Post
    Hillary continues to play the voters as fools. She saw the impact of evangelicals and wants to position herself for their future vote. She is merely re-branding herself.
    Exactly.
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

The Methodist Church kicked God out years ago, and have embraced heresy. The fact Clinton is part of that satanic bunch doesn't shock me an iota. "Pastor" my granny's corset!
    John Robinson

Scribe

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post
    Hillary's pastor compared her election loss to Jesus's crucifixion:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/10/politi...ail/index.html
    I would also compare her election loss to Jesus' cruxifixion...the cruxifixion was great for all mankind, and her election loss was great for all mankind, too.
    Matt. 7:21
    2 Cor. 5:21

Quote Originally Posted by jjmundt View Post
    I would also compare her election loss to Jesus' cruxifixion...the cruxifixion was great for all mankind, and her election loss was great for all mankind, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmundt View Post
    You've got a point there!