Thread: Dunkirk

Default Dunkirk

I like historical movies so mom and I went to see it. It was very educational for me---had never really studied much about the evacuation of the British troops at Dunkirk---it was a truly heroic effort undertaken by the average British citizen. Kenneth Branagh is excellent as the British Commander on the beach at Dunkirk. No sex anywhere. To tell you the truth I was so mesmerized by the events on the screen I cannot tell you much about swearing...there is some but that is all I can say. While this is a war movie and so there is death, it is nothing like Hacksaw Ridge which was quite gory. All I can say is if it were not for the British and Winston Churchill I truly believe the world as we experience it now would be totally different...I will see this movie again with my husband who is also a history buff.

I'm familiar with the story of Dunkirk from some Christian fiction books centered around it. I look forward to seeing the movie one of these days. What happened there was an incredible moment in the history of man.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

I am always interested in reading about the events of WW2. Am familiar with the story of Dunkirk and would like to see the movie.

What is sad about our current society is some of the reviews. SJW's complaining that there no lead actors of color and not enough women in the movie.
    And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
    Romans 11:6

Quote Originally Posted by DMac View Post
    I am always interested in reading about the events of WW2. Am familiar with the story of Dunkirk and would like to see the movie.

What is sad about our current society is some of the reviews. SJW's complaining that there no lead actors of color and not enough women in the movie.
    I know...about the reviews. Everything has to be about diversity...it clouds their vision of history as it was.