Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Protests in Charlottesville, Va. - Signs of the times?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    St Louis metro
    Posts
    953

    Pray

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I found this on Fox Insider.

    http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/1...happelle-nadal

    She is a Missouri State Senator, for crying out loud.
    Yes, it's trending because one of our politicians opened her big "mouth" (fingers) and actually typed those words on a FaceBook post. Then she deleted it, didn't apologize, just said she shouldn't have done that (ya think?!), and tried to excuse her behavior by saying she was "frustrated"
    By the way, the very same Maria Chapell-Nadal that organized and brought her own child to protest the police in Ferguson and got tear-gassed, encouraged hate speech, and lied saying her aide was run over by the KKK!! Most of Missouri is filled with fairly logical people, but her little "turf" and Ferguson are within St Louis county, which has plenty of corrupt, leftist, socialist, criminals unfortunately
    Thankfully I live in a different county, in the far 'burbs.
    It is interesting to note though that the Aug 21 and April 8, 2024 full eclipses make paths crossing right in the St Louis area. And just like where the eclipse starts in Oregon (one of the first to legalize recreational marijuana) on their fault areas, then extends to us here almost dead center the New Madrid fault... let's just say I'm not predicting but wouldn't be entirely shocked either if the eclipse is followed by quakes as the beginning of the judgments on our nation. What a mess we've made of this country! Lord, please save us from ourselves!!
    Toots

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Good random thoughts. I came across this while reading the comments from an article on Foxnews.
    Jeff Dalton A. B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane University
    Dr. Krauthammer,
    ...

    We are living a Huxleyisc reality. You are certainly falling in line utilizing "new speak" (Political Correctness). Purposeful or not, in your diatrbe this evening you were playing the role of a commander in the "Thought Police".

    As long as your employers at Fox allow it, you can continue to support this "Brave New World". Or you might find the courage buried deep inside you to help to try to restore the Republic.
    I will also continue praying for this Administration.
    "living a Huxleyisc reality"
    Now that is a phrase!

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Good random thoughts. I came across this while reading the comments from an article on Foxnews.
    Thanks for sharing that Kenny. Amazing.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I found this on Fox Insider.

    http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/1...happelle-nadal

    She is a Missouri State Senator, for crying out loud.
    So disgusting. I can't imagine having that much hate in my heart.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlessdMomUv5 View Post
    Yes, it's trending because one of our politicians opened her big "mouth" (fingers) and actually typed those words on a FaceBook post. Then she deleted it, didn't apologize, just said she shouldn't have done that (ya think?!), and tried to excuse her behavior by saying she was "frustrated"
    By the way, the very same Maria Chapell-Nadal that organized and brought her own child to protest the police in Ferguson and got tear-gassed, encouraged hate speech, and lied saying her aide was run over by the KKK!! Most of Missouri is filled with fairly logical people, but her little "turf" and Ferguson are within St Louis county, which has plenty of corrupt, leftist, socialist, criminals unfortunately
    Thankfully I live in a different county, in the far 'burbs.
    It is interesting to note though that the Aug 21 and April 8, 2024 full eclipses make paths crossing right in the St Louis area. And just like where the eclipse starts in Oregon (one of the first to legalize recreational marijuana) on their fault areas, then extends to us here almost dead center the New Madrid fault... let's just say I'm not predicting but wouldn't be entirely shocked either if the eclipse is followed by quakes as the beginning of the judgments on our nation. What a mess we've made of this country! Lord, please save us from ourselves!!
    She Sounds like a real winner! I know, we have some of those in Texas too...

    Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
    "living a Huxleyisc reality"
    Now that is a phrase!
    Yeah, not sure what he is referring to there except maybe it was from the book 1984...It's been a long time since I read that book.

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post
    Thanks for sharing that Kenny. Amazing.
    You are welcome. I didn't know that Arlington National Cemetery was once the home place of Robert E. Lee.

    Quote Originally Posted by MilkyWay View Post
    So disgusting. I can't imagine having that much hate in my heart.
    Hatred, it seems to me is becoming more and more prevalent nowadays.


    See y'all on the other side soon
    2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God, and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ID USA
    Posts
    163

    Default

    If President Trump invented a pill that cured cancer and only cost 5$, they would accuse him of putting doctors out of work.

    I guess I should be thankful that they're no longer blaming Bush for everything. I was wondering when they were going to blame him for the dinosaurs going extinct.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    ...
    Yeah, not sure what he is referring to there except maybe it was from the book 1984...It's been a long time since I read that book.
    ...
    Not quite, though Aldous Huxley and George Orwell were contemporaries, and somewhat admirers of each other's work.

    George Orwell wrote about a totalitarian society that could rise up to control the people by force of law. He felt we were on a collision course with such a reality and could be there within 2 or 3 generations. As he grasped for a timeline for his book, he wanted a time near enough in the future people could, to some small degree, remember how it used to be, but far enough the memory would be dim. He intended to publish the book in 1948, so he chose 1984 for the title.
    Orwell was not an expert on technology, and the reader should not be concerned that the technology of his book does not look anything like what we have (except the "telescreens" and ever present surveillance cameras).

    Aldous Huxley, in Brave New World, wrote about a society where the masses were so demented there would be no need to control people by force of law, easily manipulated, they would fall into line because they knew no better. Eugenics, pervasive sexual gratification, and drugs would render them pliable (re:character from Pilgrim's Progress). Huxley was extremely knowledgeable about technology and biology, including selective breeding. His timeline was set far enough into the future that society could remove all knowledge of history (tearing down statues is first, burning books comes later), so there would not be 'difficult questions' for those steering society to have to answer.

    Here is a detailed article about Aldous Huxley, and his vision of the future. Our current civilization is steering a path somewhere between his and Orwell's visions, and are close enough to those ends to be a bit scary, were it not for our book of Revelation. On the other hand, though neither of them really believed the Bible, their view was not all that different from the distopian society we see in the middle of Revelation.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/insight...e_upon_us.html

    Good Reading.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
    Not quite, though Aldous Huxley and George Orwell were contemporaries, and somewhat admirers of each other's work.

    George Orwell wrote about a totalitarian society that could rise up to control the people by force of law. He felt we were on a collision course with such a reality and could be there within 2 or 3 generations. As he grasped for a timeline for his book, he wanted a time near enough in the future people could, to some small degree, remember how it used to be, but far enough the memory would be dim. He intended to publish the book in 1948, so he chose 1984 for the title.
    Orwell was not an expert on technology, and the reader should not be concerned that the technology of his book does not look anything like what we have (except the "telescreens" and ever present surveillance cameras).

    Aldous Huxley, in Brave New World, wrote about a society where the masses were so demented there would be no need to control people by force of law, easily manipulated, they would fall into line because they knew no better. Eugenics, pervasive sexual gratification, and drugs would render them pliable (re:character from Pilgrim's Progress). Huxley was extremely knowledgeable about technology and biology, including selective breeding. His timeline was set far enough into the future that society could remove all knowledge of history (tearing down statues is first, burning books comes later), so there would not be 'difficult questions' for those steering society to have to answer.

    Here is a detailed article about Aldous Huxley, and his vision of the future. Our current civilization is steering a path somewhere between his and Orwell's visions, and are close enough to those ends to be a bit scary, were it not for our book of Revelation. On the other hand, though neither of them really believed the Bible, their view was not all that different from the distopian society we see in the middle of Revelation.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/insight...e_upon_us.html

    Good Reading.
    Thanks TRex2, that is pretty interesting. I never read Brave New World, and I think I'm glad I didn't.
    2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God, and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •