Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: Protests in Charlottesville, Va. - Signs of the times?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,084

    Default Protests in Charlottesville, Va. - Signs of the times?

    Dear B&SIC, I have not posted in a while, but rest assured I reach out to this site nearly everyday. I hope everyone has had an enjoyable summer thus far. Just wanted to say God Bless you all, and as you know we are certainly living in the last days. Its just amazing to me the amount of end times signs that have exposed their heads in 2017. Wow, just wow!

    I don't want to write a long drawn out message, but do want to say God loves you all of you!! The time of Christs return grows so much nearer everyday, I pray that anybody reading this post is ready.

    I just felt a need to open this post up for dialog.

    The riots and protests today, were astounding and another sign. White supremacy has no place in heaven, whites are not superior to any other of Gods children, but neither is any other race. If I was asked "is there a chosen people?" , I'd answer "Israel". I am a white man, but I feel all people (no need to name races etc...) all people are created equal. Racism is plain wrong and it must end. That said, racism resides in the hearts of man and woman regardless of race, and it must be reigned in. Today's protests and the counter protests were just plain shameful. Charlottesville, home to UVA, only has 50,000 people. I dare to say the majority of the protesters and counter protesters were carted in from other parts of the country.

    I do believe in the 2nd Amendment, but these two groups should have been kept blocks apart.

    Some verses that come to mind today:

    (Second Coming time-frame, sign we are close to the seventieth week) - emphasis mine.
    Mat 24:7 For nation will rise against nation (ethnicity), and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.
    Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

    2Ti 3:1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
    2Ti 3:2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    2Ti 3:3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,
    2Ti 3:4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
    2Ti 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
    2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts,
    2Ti 3:7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
    2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith;
    2Ti 3:9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.


    Ladies and Gentlemen... The time is near.

    God Bless!

    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    792

    Default

    These and other sick violent events have caused me to reach the point where I just feel numb. A symptom of what I refer to as "end times fatigue". It almost feels like satan is winning. I'm glad we know how it ends.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    859

    Default

    When you have radicals from the left and right both show up at the same protests, this is what you are going to get, violence. I believe as we approach the rapture of the church, things will get worse,not better. Pray for the radicals on both sides of the political spectrum, for you cannot know Jesus as savior and believe in violence against innocent people. Many of these people are showing up at these protests looking for trouble, and they will find it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onceblind View Post
    These and other sick violent events have caused me to reach the point where I just feel numb. A symptom of what I refer to as "end times fatigue". It almost feels like satan is winning. I'm glad we know how it ends.

    Satan knows his time on Earth is short: 1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

    Satan is allowed his temporary reprieves, but God is in control and uses these reprieves to his advantage. End-Times fatigue is understandable, so many signs yet the Lord tarries for a while longer. We have to wear the whole armor of God and persevere to the end. God Bless!


    Quote Originally Posted by Time4me2fly View Post
    When you have radicals from the left and right both show up at the same protests, this is what you are going to get, violence. I believe as we approach the rapture of the church, things will get worse,not better. Pray for the radicals on both sides of the political spectrum, for you cannot know Jesus as savior and believe in violence against innocent people. Many of these people are showing up at these protests looking for trouble, and they will find it.
    Oh how 100% correct you are on all fronts. Charlottesville disallowed the protest to begin with, but a U.S. District Judge overruled. When hate comes to face to face, their will be violence. I wish we could turn back the clock a few days and become better prepared. Total separation was necessary, but did not happen. I also will step out on a limb and say that the hatred was on gross display on both sides. Even if we feel our political views are justified, they do not justify violence towards others.

    With the onslaught of vile protests in many cities this year, its pretty safe to say, welcome to the new norm. My fear is for Christians, we are increasingly being labeled/profiled as religious bigot terrorists. Lord come quickly!
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,868

    Default

    I think obama has left a legacy of riots and protest marches due to his continuous attempts to divide us into various minority and victim groups. How else to destroy a country---A house divided against itself cannot stand. Currently, there are complaints about those memorials of the Civil War, which was not only a disagreement about slavery. It was part of our history. One quote comes to mind---Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. The statues of these men should remind us of the lives lost, and to inspire us to avoid certain actions in the future.

    It seems that people have lost self control and to ability to agree to disagree without the addition of physical violence. Instead of writing to their legislature or sending letters to the editor of the newspaper to voice a difference of opinion, they take to the streets, assault people physically and verbally, vandalize and destroy property, and in some cases cause death. Things have gotten worse since the election, because people have abandoned good sportsmanship, and refused to lose gracefully. So every week there are protest marches. When Kennedy said, Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country, I don't think he meant us to go out and break things and hurt each other. Another source to instigate trouble is the public school system, which has strayed from education to indoctrination. God has been kicked out of the public square, consequently leading people to accept many forms of immoral behavior. Anyone who tries to live a life of biblical principles is now called a bigot or other insults. Truth is abandoned. Insanity reigns.



    Lord, come quickly!


    Take one and pass it on!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Time4me2fly View Post
    When you have radicals from the left and right both show up at the same protests, this is what you are going to get, violence. I believe as we approach the rapture of the church, things will get worse,not better. Pray for the radicals on both sides of the political spectrum, for you cannot know Jesus as savior and believe in violence against innocent people. Many of these people are showing up at these protests looking for trouble, and they will find it.

    I agree, my brother and I were talking about it this morning. They are basically both sides of the same coin. They have the same agenda and use the same tactics to accomplish their goals. What frustrates me the most about it, is that the media wants to lump all conservatives and Christians in with these people whenever they are nowhere near the same.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onceblind View Post
    These and other sick violent events have caused me to reach the point where I just feel numb. A symptom of what I refer to as "end times fatigue". It almost feels like satan is winning. I'm glad we know how it ends.

    It helps me to think of it as Satan is being led into a trap.
    Now, if I can only keep my own fingers out of that trap...

    Quote Originally Posted by Time4me2fly View Post
    When you have radicals from the left and right both show up at the same protests, this is what you are going to get, violence. ...
    I am glad you see that. I saw three groups, actually, White Nationalists, Black Lives Matter, and Antifa (communists). But the press only seems to report on the White Nationalists.

    Quote Originally Posted by In Christ View Post
    ...
    Oh how 100% correct you are on all fronts. Charlottesville disallowed the protest to begin with, but a U.S. District Judge overruled. ...
    I saw that, as applies to the White Nationalists, but I didn't see any information whether BLM and Antifa were legal protests, and the videos I saw, it looked like Antifa started the violence, but that was just my impression.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    10,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post


    I am glad you see that. I saw three groups, actually, White Nationalists, Black Lives Matter, and Antifa (communists). But the press only seems to report on the White Nationalists.

    .
    Thank you. It has been confusing trying to figure out what really is the whole story here. Have heard bits and pieces from other blogs and comments but not from the main stream media. Had deduced that Black Lives Matter was involved but had not realized the communists were there as well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Thank you. It has been confusing trying to figure out what really is the whole story here. Have heard bits and pieces from other blogs and comments but not from the main stream media. Had deduced that Black Lives Matter was involved but had not realized the communists were there as well.
    I believe the ones with the black helmets and clear shields with an X on them are Antifa, but I also saw flags and banners too.

    I think this is one of the symbols I saw:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa...alogo_alt2.svg
    or possibly this one:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa...klobuerste.svg

    It was the lettering around the edge that caught my attention.
    I don't read or write German, but sometimes can deduce what a word means.

    In the first picture in this article, which shows Antifa at the Berkley rally, you can see a couple Atifa participants wearing helmets (I can see four) and the black and red flag: I think I saw that one in the videos as well.

    A final edit - Breitbart mentions Antifa - Virginia Governor refuses to condemn Antifa:
    (but don't take my word, watch the video of the verbal exchange between him and someone else)
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ondemn-antifa/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In God's Creation
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Thank you. It has been confusing trying to figure out what really is the whole story here. Have heard bits and pieces from other blogs and comments but not from the main stream media. Had deduced that Black Lives Matter was involved but had not realized the communists were there as well.
    For that exact reason I have not read any news stories about this. But what is sad is that I was talking to a friend today who voted for President Trump, but this friend watches the MSM. The friend said today, "I am sorry that Trump is our president." in response to how President Trump is handling the situation. So I imagine there are many others who voted for President Trump, but are now watching the MSM and are feeling sorry, and are believing the propaganda.
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

    1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks Alaska
    Posts
    19,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    For that exact reason I have not read any news stories about this. But what is sad is that I was talking to a friend today who voted for President Trump, but this friend watches the MSM. The friend said today, "I am sorry that Trump is our president." in response to how President Trump is handling the situation. So I imagine there are many others who voted for President Trump, but are now watching the MSM and are feeling sorry, and are believing the propaganda.
    I suspect that most who voted for President Trump understand that they can't trust what they hear from media and that we're in the middle of a war for the heart and soul of our Nation. A percentage will always be duped.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    For that exact reason I have not read any news stories about this. But what is sad is that I was talking to a friend today who voted for President Trump, but this friend watches the MSM. ...
    Friends don't let friends do MSM.
    (I stole that from an old anti-drug campaign.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    I suspect that most who voted for President Trump understand that they can't trust what they hear from media and that we're in the middle of a war for the heart and soul of our Nation. A percentage will always be duped.
    I wish I could be sure it was "most." But I am not sure it is "most."


    On a different note, I almost spit my coffee on my keyboard when I opened Breitbart to this:
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ided-racially/
    Bishop E.W. Jackson on Charlottesville:
    ‘I Condemn Both Sides…
    Both Sides Want Us Divided Racially’
    Then I realized it wasn't the Jackson I thought it was...
    The president of an organization that reaches across racial and cultural lines to bring Americans together around the nation’s foundational principles says he condemns both the “white right group” and the “counter-protesters” who participated in the events in Charlottesville Saturday.
    Bishop E.W. Jackson, the president of S.T.A.N.D., said in a Facebook video Saturday during the events in Charlottesville, “Both sides of this want us divided racially.”
    I do wish they would stop calling them counter protesters, or worse "anti-racist" protesters.
    BLM is just as racist as the KKK.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    I suspect that most who voted for President Trump understand that they can't trust what they hear from media and that we're in the middle of a war for the heart and soul of our Nation. A percentage will always be duped.
    Agreed. I also believe that for every Trump voter who regrets their vote, there's one person who is seeing the left acting like lunatics and vowing to never vote democrat again.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MilkyWay View Post
    Agreed. I also believe that for every Trump voter who regrets their vote, there's one person who is seeing the left acting like lunatics and vowing to never vote democrat again.
    Let's hope....

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    I suspect that most who voted for President Trump understand that they can't trust what they hear from media and that we're in the middle of a war for the heart and soul of our Nation. A percentage will always be duped.
    Well, now I am disappointed with Trump. He caved. One thing that must be understood,
    when attacked by the Social Justice Warriors:
    Never Cave.

    Here is where he caved:
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...s-hate-groups/
    In this, he said what they wanted to hear, and never mentioned the violence perpetrated by the LEFT (Atifa) and by BLM, which is an anti-white racist, anti-police organization funded by Comunists.

    {Mod Snip - See rule 14}

    Here is the LEFTIST's capitalizing on his capitulation:
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ism-fundraise/
    by PENNY STARR15 Aug 201793
    The left-wing Indivisible website is using the deadly protest in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Saturday to generate donations and promote “progressivism” through scheduling vigils and other gatherings across the country.
    “Stand in Solidarity with Charlottesville – Find an Event,” is the headline on the website.

    “This weekend, hate groups and domestic terrorists of all stripes went to Charlottesville, VA to push their hateful message of white supremacy, fascism, anti-Semitism, and bigotry,” the website states.

    “When they got there they waged violence on unarmed anti-racists, killing one and injuring many others,” the website says. “We mourn for the life that was lost, and we will honor all those under attack by congregating against hate in our own communities.”
    ...
    “The Indivisible Project’s mission is to cultivate and lift up a grassroots movement of local groups to defeat the Trump agenda, elect progressive leaders, and realize bold progressive policies,” states the website.

    “We need your help to provide the 6,000 grassroots Indivisible groups across the country with resources, tools, and support to take action,” says the website, urging donations. “Most of all, we want you to be part of this nationwide movement.”
    Again, "Anti-Racist" is a lie made up by the LEFT, to pretend that BLM is not a hate group.
    Last edited by Tall Timbers; August 15th, 2017 at 04:42 PM. Reason: see rule 14

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MilkyWay View Post
    Agreed. I also believe that for every Trump voter who regrets their vote, there's one person who is seeing the left acting like lunatics and vowing to never vote democrat again.
    Yes! I voted for Trump and I don't regret it. The attacks against him make it obvious that the left want him out.
    He has brought Jesus back to the White House and that makes the people crazy! Like someone mentioned, satan does know his time is short and this must make him furious. We need to continue to pray for our country, believers and those who are not saved AND for our President.
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

    4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,084

    Default Borrowing on the Signs of the Times piece of the title

    First of all this has been a good thread, lots of great comments and links on here. I am enjoying reading through this... Things are changing so quickly, keep your eyes open.


    I wanted to bring to the attention "two" additional items that have thrown me into a tizzy (just from today), but also point to the times we live in. How long will our Lord tarry?

    Item 1: The ability for Web Hosting providers to just "drop" a website from internet. With the hatred against Christianity that grows every day, this is precisely the type of action that can/will be taken to remove all known evidences of online Christian resources.

    I AGREE that this type of propaganda should not be public, but what I am pointing out is this could happen to Christian websites too. I am 100% against Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, KKK, Antifa, BLM and others. But this type action may set precedent, that's the scary part. Should this be aloud? What constitutes free speech on the internet?

    http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/08/...le-victim.html

    Item 2: The DOJ seeking information on all visitors to a bad website which instigated the inauguration day riots where 224 were arrested.

    Tracking, tracking, tracking... I know the DOJ at a minimum is trying to gather information to assist in the trials of the 224 who were arrested (and others like leaders/instigators as well). However, is this legal? Is this trampling on privacy rights? Is this overreach?

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...acy-fight.html

    I hope all 224 are locked-up for a while. Inciting to riot is a federal offense under 18 U.S.C. 2101–02.

    Anyway... these two items caught my attention and are prime examples of the signs of the times, and how things will be during the tribulation. We as Christians must be ever alert and always in prayer....
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks Alaska
    Posts
    19,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by In Christ View Post
    Item 1: The ability for Web Hosting providers to just "drop" a website from internet. With the hatred against Christianity that grows every day, this is precisely the type of action that can/will be taken to remove all known evidences of online Christian resources.

    I AGREE that this type of propaganda should not be public, but what I am pointing out is this could happen to Christian websites too. I am 100% against Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, KKK, Antifa, BLM and others. But this type action may set precedent, that's the scary part. Should this be aloud? What constitutes free speech on the internet?
    For the websites I manage I've kept the domain name registration and the hosting with different companies. I'm not sure why I've been doing that almost from the very beginning, but it seemed like it would help me and my clients keep our property.

    I've shied away from setting up a standalone web server... that would be a lot of work probably but would keep others besides maybe the government or icann from just pulling your websites...

    Quote Originally Posted by In Christ View Post
    The DOJ seeking information on all visitors to a bad website which instigated the inauguration day riots where 224 were arrested.

    Tracking, tracking, tracking... I know the DOJ at a minimum is trying to gather information to assist in the trials of the 224 who were arrested (and others like leaders/instigators as well). However, is this legal? Is this trampling on privacy rights? Is this overreach?

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...acy-fight.html

    I hope all 224 are locked-up for a while. Inciting to riot is a federal offense under 18 U.S.C. 2101–02.

    Anyway... these two items caught my attention and are prime examples of the signs of the times, and how things will be during the tribulation. We as Christians must be ever alert and always in prayer....
    I just saw a news article on this and was pleased. There was a lot of spin (fake news) in the article, it seemed, but I was pleased that the DOJ is going after these people. I do wonder about the legality of casting such a wide net with a search warrant. Seems like you would need something that points to the specific people/internet property/data you seek. Just because a person visits or interacts in some way with these organizations doesn't mean they've done anything.

    Years ago when one of the Bushes was President I somehow ended up on an activist e-mail group. I started getting messages about what protests were coming up and when and where to show up. I got an inside view of how well organized these leftists are...
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by In Christ View Post
    First of all this has been a good thread, lots of great comments and links on here. I am enjoying reading through this... Things are changing so quickly, keep your eyes open.


    I wanted to bring to the attention "two" additional items that have thrown me into a tizzy (just from today), but also point to the times we live in. How long will our Lord tarry?

    Item 1: The ability for Web Hosting providers to just "drop" a website from internet. With the hatred against Christianity that grows every day, this is precisely the type of action that can/will be taken to remove all known evidences of online Christian resources.
    I agree, this will be used against Christian web sites some day, and I suspect that day could even be before the Rapture. I have been working, somewhat, on alternate methods of communication we could use, if that day comes before the Rapture. Unfortunately, there is a vast difference between what we can do technically, and what Christians, who live in places where they are not yet persecuted, are willing to do.

    I AGREE that this type of propaganda should not be public, but what I am pointing out is this could happen to Christian websites too. I am 100% against Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, KKK, Antifa, BLM and others. But this type action may set precedent, that's the scary part. Should this be aloud? What constitutes free speech on the internet?

    http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/08/...le-victim.html
    I don't know any way around this. I strongly suspect "Stormer" was in violation of GoDaddy's terms of service, so legally, they were right to shut them down. (I strongly suspect it, but I can't say for certain.)

    Item 2: The DOJ seeking information on all visitors to a bad website which instigated the inauguration day riots where 224 were arrested.

    Tracking, tracking, tracking... I know the DOJ at a minimum is trying to gather information to assist in the trials of the 224 who were arrested (and others like leaders/instigators as well). However, is this legal? Is this trampling on privacy rights? Is this overreach?

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...acy-fight.html

    I hope all 224 are locked-up for a while. Inciting to riot is a federal offense under 18 U.S.C. 2101–02.

    Anyway... these two items caught my attention and are prime examples of the signs of the times, and how things will be during the tribulation. We as Christians must be ever alert and always in prayer....
    If they seek information on the 224 who were arrested, they are within the law, since gathering evidence is the whole point of search warrants and stuff under the 4th Amendment. Now, if they also gather and preserve data on all visitors to the site, without intent to charge those that they keep data on, then they are in violation of the spirit of the 4th amendment, if not the letter of the law.

    I agree these are troubling actions, and we need to remain vigilant.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    301

    Default

    TRex, did you just hear trump at Trump Tower?! Amazing!! He had the press (who act like rabid 3 yr olds, btw) going crazy! Called out the "alt left", angrily asked if Washington and Jefferson statues would be next, pointed out multiple times that the left is violent. I'm sorry but I love our President. We'll never see anyone like him in Washington ever again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •