Thread: LA just got rid of Columbus Day

Default LA just got rid of Columbus Day

Los Angeles just got rid of Columbus Day and replaced it with indegeneous people day. i have native american in me but this is ridulous. what is next? fourth of july!? i so want out of this world. smh.

That took longer than I thought.

Oregon did this like 2 years ago.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    That took longer than I thought.

Oregon did this like 2 years ago.
    i guess there is another state that has done this too besides Oregon or maybe a few of them. I just do not get it!

Default How about?

How about we get rid of Los Angeles itself???? After all, with the name being an honorific to the Virgin Mary, it MUST be offensive to the Muslims, etc.

We have a civil war statue here in Franklin TN, in the center of town, which was protested several weeks ago, but HEAVILY "guarded" by men nearby in pickup trucks all day and night. Now a petition is circulating to remove/save it. Trust me, this could get VERY ugly.

People have totally been eaten up with what I call "boogeyman brain".

Quote Originally Posted by madcat View Post
    How about we get rid of Los Angeles itself???? After all, with the name being an honorific to the Virgin Mary, it MUST be offensive to the Muslims, etc.

We have a civil war statue here in Franklin TN, in the center of town, which was protested several weeks ago, but HEAVILY "guarded" by men nearby in pickup trucks all day and night. Now a petition is circulating to remove/save it. Trust me, this could get VERY ugly.

People have totally been eaten up with what I call "boogeyman brain".

lol it is becoming so crazy. next, they will try and get rid of the Lincoln Memorial. so sick.

Taking down cultural/historical landmarks is all part of an effort to erase and rewrite history and remove cultural identities. People then have no culture to embrace or history to learn from. They no longer have a flag to wave. They no longer have anything unique to call their own and to be proud of. This makes them nameless, faceless, and interchangeable. This makes them easier for the globalists to manage.

(Do you notice all the cultural unrest that's been happening in the U.S.? I believe it's completely orchestrated and encouraged, because the West/non-third-worlders are a problem for the globalists. They have too much freedom and money, and they need to be brought down to the level of everyone else in order to be controlled. People in the UK can't speak freely about certain topics on the street or even on the internet—and especially not against a certain religion—without threat of arrest. They're discouraged from flying the Union Jack so as not to offend anyone.)

This removal of identity is also made easier by the transition to internet. Information can be edited to whatever they want it to say. It can be removed completely and forgotten. When all of the paper books that printed the truth are lost or fall apart, all that will remain is the digital record. He who controls the internet will control everything—history, information, money, the news, the truth...

They'll eventually take down any Christian symbols, which they've been doing already with the Ten Commandments and Christmas trees. They'll move on to statues or artwork of Jesus, Bible verses, crosses, angels, and anything remotely related to THE God.

Call me jaded, but I really do believe this. Just typing all this has me upset. I think I'll go look at cat pictures.
    Matt 16:27 | Rom 3:23 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Interesting and eye-opening post, Haeddre..........

Little by little holidays will be gone and other symbols.

Could this be considered a beginning of a "changing of the times" referred to in the last days???

Quote Originally Posted by AWillow View Post
    lol it is becoming so crazy. next, they will try and get rid of the Lincoln Memorial. so sick.
    Sadly, there's already been a call by liberal lunatics to remove the Jefferson Memorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Haeddre View Post
    Taking down cultural/historical landmarks is all part of an effort to erase and rewrite history and remove cultural identities. People then have no culture to embrace or history to learn from. They no longer have a flag to wave. They no longer have anything unique to call their own and to be proud of. This makes them nameless, faceless, and interchangeable. This makes them easier for the globalists to manage.

(Do you notice all the cultural unrest that's been happening in the U.S.? I believe it's completely orchestrated and encouraged, because the West/non-third-worlders are a problem for the globalists. They have too much freedom and money, and they need to be brought down to the level of everyone else in order to be controlled. People in the UK can't speak freely about certain topics on the street or even on the internet—and especially not against a certain religion—without threat of arrest. They're discouraged from flying the Union Jack so as not to offend anyone.)

This removal of identity is also made easier by the transition to internet. Information can be edited to whatever they want it to say. It can be removed completely and forgotten. When all of the paper books that printed the truth are lost or fall apart, all that will remain is the digital record. He who controls the internet will control everything—history, information, money, the news, the truth...

They'll eventually take down any Christian symbols, which they've been doing already with the Ten Commandments and Christmas trees. They'll move on to statues or artwork of Jesus, Bible verses, crosses, angels, and anything remotely related to THE God.

Call me jaded, but I really do believe this. Just typing all this has me upset. I think I'll go look at cat pictures.
    For what it's worth~~I agree completely...

Quote Originally Posted by cricket55 View Post
    Little by little holidays will be gone and other symbols.
    Such a great point! I pray they don't take Christmas with the lights and decorations, the good will and the joy.
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Hold on...I actually approve of this erasing of Columbus Day. What we were taught in our elementary school textbooks was whitewashed version of his story. In reality, Columbus and his men did despicable things. Journals and historical accounts show that he was brutal. His men abused women, children, natives, and engaged in human trafficking. If you dig, you will find plenty of incriminating information and historical accounts that show that he was NO man of God.

Also, he never actually discovered continental America. Also, the first European to discover American soil was probably the Scandinavian Leif Erikkson (and I'm pretty proud of that fact, as I share his surname), and hundreds of years before Columbus sailed to the islands south of Florida (and that's it, Columbus never set foot on our actual country).

Basically, this hero worshiping of Christopher Columbus is based on a lot of myths. So I fully support this move in erasing Columbus Day. It's hardly the first time we've been sold some half-truths via public school elementary textbooks, right?

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.co...-columbus-day/

Quote Originally Posted by kathymendel View Post
    Could this be considered a beginning of a "changing of the times" referred to in the last days???
    Very insightful!

Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    Hold on...I actually approve of this erasing of Columbus Day. What we were taught in our elementary school textbooks was whitewashed version of his story. In reality, Columbus and his men did despicable things. Journals and historical accounts show that he was brutal. His men abused women, children, natives, and engaged in human trafficking. If you dig, you will find plenty of incriminating information and historical accounts that show that he was NO man of God.

Also, he never actually discovered continental America. Also, the first European to discover American soil was probably the Scandinavian Leif Erikkson (and I'm pretty proud of that fact, as I share his surname), and hundreds of years before Columbus sailed to the islands south of Florida (and that's it, Columbus never set foot on our actual country).

Basically, this hero worshiping of Christopher Columbus is based on a lot of myths. So I fully support this move in erasing Columbus Day. It's hardly the first time we've been sold some half-truths via public school elementary textbooks, right?

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.co...-columbus-day/
    I would be all for getting rid of the day alone.

Not converting it into something else cause of feelings.

Jesus doesn't care bout skin color. Nor do I.

I don't even like Americans honestly celebrating Cinco de Mayo
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    I would be all for getting rid of the day alone.

Not converting it into something else cause of feelings.

Jesus doesn't care bout skin color. Nor do I.

I don't even like Americans honestly celebrating Cinco de Mayo
    The bolded part above, me too, BorrowedTime! I remember when I first started seeing this being celebrated, I was wondering, 'why did we take a Mexican holiday and adopt it in the USA?' then I remembered....beer
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)