Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warning about deceptive/dangerous site ahead {Merged}

Exclamation Urgent: RR phishing warning

I just want to put this out there that I get this when I try to reply to a thread or create a new thread:

Deceptive site ahead

Attackers on www.rr-bb.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards). Learn more

When I click on details I get this:

Google Safe Browsing recently detected phishing on www.rr-bb.com. Phishing sites pretend to be other websites to trick you.

You can report a detection problem or, if you understand the risks to your security, visit this unsafe site.

I have a screenshot but I keep trying to upload it on here and it won't let me. Not sure if it would affect all browsers, but I'm using Google Chrome.
    What a wonderful day it will be when we hear the trumpet blasts!!

Mindy, I'm going to attach your thread to an existing one that addresses the same or similar issues. The site owner is looking into the problem(s).

If you're at RR-BB.com, you needn't worry about phishing, as that is the correct URL.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Just FYI. I had this happen to me with another site---Lucianne.com. This happened every time I logged on for about 4 months---it would take me three or four times to access the site...and then after about 4 months everything went back to normal...it was the first time that I had ever seen this and now it is happening with this site although I personally have not had any problems accessing RR.

Default Rapture Ready BB listed as Dangerous Site????!!! {Merged}

I have Webroot Secure Anywhere as a Virus/Malware protection and in the last week it has listed RRBB as a Dangerous site. A big red screen comes up and tells me not to proceed. Why is it doing this? What can I do about it? I know it's not a dangerous site, well only to Satan and his minions I started thinking that this might be part of the crackdown on Christian and conservative sites by the Internet gurus, listing it as dangerous to keep people from the site. . Any thoughts?
    Jeremiah 32:27
    Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh, is there anything too hard for Me?

I agree with you. They are starting to crack down on sound doctrinal sites.

Quote Originally Posted by caligal View Post
    Well we are dangerous.......

To Satan........

Helping get people saved is the name of our game!!
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

It isn't just Christian sites. I was randomly looking up information about Canola oil and followed a link to a Natural food website. A pop-up appeared stating that they were banned by Google for almost one week, and Facebook is blocking their stories. It urges the visitor to sign up for an email newsletter because soon that will be the only way to get access to the information, because of the censorship that has started. But it says too that gmail isn't safe because some emails are blocked there too. I'm not promoting this site, I just thought it was interesting that another site that proclaims a version of 'truth' (to some) was concerned about this.

And now I am remembering that the 'other' rapture site has been sending me a newsletter for some time (but I rarely go there... RR is my 'home').

Maybe RR should consider sending emailed newsletters too?
    Last edited by Firefly; September 5th, 2017 at 07:22 PM. Reason: removed actual website name
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

I get the message of RR message board being a deceptive site if I type the web address into my browser. I get in fine if I go through the link in the main RR website.

A few months back a way to get here through a web search was hacked. I wonder if that as anything to do with it.

I finally got this warning and was able to continue after filling out a form saying they were mistaken about the site. I don't think it's just Google, although the Google name was prominent on the warning page... seems like there is a consortium of companies trying to make the web a safer place.

As Steve mentioned upstream, there is at least the possibility that someone flagged this site as a phishing site...

How does one get this blankety-blank red warning screen to go away ... for good???
    I feel this is such an invasion on my right to go to my favorite place!!! If they want to warn me once, fine. But, when I click on "visit the site" I should be able to go there normally from then on. But, noooooooooo...... I have to deal with this inconvenience every time I try to post anything!!!! Grrrrrrrr........

Quote Originally Posted by kathymendel View Post
    How does one get this blankety-blank red warning screen to go away ... for good???
    I feel this is such an invasion on my right to go to my favorite place!!! If they want to warn me once, fine. But, when I click on "visit the site" I should be able to go there normally from then on. But, noooooooooo...... I have to deal with this inconvenience every time I try to post anything!!!! Grrrrrrrr........
    I've only gotten it once and was able to tell it that the site was okay so far as I was concerned. I also stay logged in to RR-BB.com. The site opens when I open my browser. Hopefully the red screen will go away for you. I sure wouldn't want to get it every time I opened an RR-BB page...

I've never gotten this warning but I'm always using my phone when I'm on the site and I always stay logged on.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

I still can't access the site from my PC - even after jumping through hoops.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

I also keep my Safari browser logged in, and have not had the issue. Yesterday however, I was using Chrome to test some things, and logged in with Chrome. Got the red screen when I tried to post, and eventually clicked through it -- there was a "continue" link buried. Some of the other links I followed (the "what's this all about" one) seemed to be complaining about the connection being insecure, therefore I reckon transactions (logging in, posting) are open, which may == phishing to Google.

I wonder if there was a security certificate and https connection, it might clear things up. Because RR comes up greenlighted on the scan tool someone else posted yesterday. There are several threads on this either here or on RF.

It may also have something to do with the security setting levels of individual browsers or systems.

I stay logged in on RRBB. I only got it once and then never again.

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

with the help of the Evangelical Industrial Complex likely

I get a feeling even the NWO types know the Rapture is coming and want to crack down in the attempts no one left behind gets saved

in other words, Satan his own real life Len Parker 's in the works working to quash bible prophecy in the media and the internet

(folks who saw the 1998 movie Apocalypse: Eye of the Storm will get my reference)

I am betting prayer ministries are going to be targeted as well.
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

I haven't been able to access the board for two weeks. I have Avast Internet Security and it has blocked my connection by saying it reset the connection.

I was also blocked on my Samsung phone by lookout security, but I turned off safe browsing, and got through. I am using my son's iPad to post this, since I was in serious withdrawal

Dave is letting me use his device until I can get my own.

Now to check on all the prayer requests...

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

Just letting those interested that I am also getting this deceptive site message on FF v55.03
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

I use Avast Internet Security, and I get the message that the connection has been reset.
    The antivirus on my phone also blocked it as a malicious site, but I turned off safe browsing and got through. Didn't work on my pc though.
    I am using my son's iPad to for access ...this has been driving me nuts, since I started and ended every day on rrbb.

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

I have been able to get access to the board without any warnings, etc. for the last 40-50 minutes, on my pc and through Avast, which had reset the connection.
    God and Todd, I assume...