Thread: A Green Sheep Question - Rapture

Question A Green Sheep Question - Rapture

Hello Everyone, your friendly neighborhood Lamborgini here.

Although I'm still "green" when it comes to many of you - I have been saved for 5 years and an avid study of Bible Prophecy.

So -- I realize the Rapture is imminent, could happen any day, minute, hour.. as Watchmen/women we are called to know the signs of the times..

QUESTION 1) . Let's use the most recent events: Hurricane Harvey, Irma, the various earthquakes, fires, etc. In your opinion (or if you have scripture to back up), would you say that we are AT the beginning of sorrows, or have we been in them for awhile and this is just another one?

QUESTION 2). We are called to discern the signs of the times.. and I think about a baby. When parents are "expecting," they prepare the room, there are gifts purchased/showers, you think of names, etc -- and although you don't KNOW when the baby will come (sometime in 9 months) you DO know that when you're in active labor at the hospital, the baby is on the verge. Could this be the same as the Rapture? No man knows the day or hour (could be same with birth unless you have a planned c-section). Will it be more clear to us that The Rapture is just over the horizon, or will it be more of a "poof!" I realize that to God a day and a thousand years are pretty much one in the same. Will we have years and years and years of "contractions?" Are we in active labor?

QUESTION 3). Do you feel we are the last generation? Also, NOT DATE SETTING, but do you think IN comparison to the last 7 years, that if/when we are in the beginning of sorrows -- that the contractions will be longer/shorter as compared to the last 7 years? Personally, I think we've spanned years and years of contractions, and we may have just witnessed the first or second in active labor, but I COULD be wrong.

Sorry for the jumbled questions.. get through them as best as you can. . Just thinking and would love to know what others are thinking about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by LAMBorgini View Post

Although I'm still "green" when it comes to many of you - I have been saved for 5 years and an avid study of Bible Prophecy.

So -- I realize the Rapture is imminent, could happen any day, minute, hour.. as Watchmen/women we are called to know the signs of the times..

QUESTION 1) . Let's use the most recent events: Hurricane Harvey, Irma, the various earthquakes, fires, etc. In your opinion (or if you have scripture to back up), would you say that we are AT the beginning of sorrows, or have we been in them for awhile and this is just another one?
    Beginning of sorrows is the actual beginning of Daniels 70th week.

If we look at Jesus' prophecy in Matthew, it's a step by step of the seals in Revelation.

I view all this a convergence of signs.

QUESTION 2). We are called to discern the signs of the times.. and I think about a baby. When parents are "expecting," they prepare the room, there are gifts purchased/showers, you think of names, etc -- and although you don't KNOW when the baby will come (sometime in 9 months) you DO know that when you're in active labor at the hospital, the baby is on the verge. Could this be the same as the Rapture? No man knows the day or hour (could be same with birth unless you have a planned c-section). Will it be more clear to us that The Rapture is just over the horizon, or will it be more of a "poof!" I realize that to God a day and a thousand years are pretty much one in the same. Will we have years and years and years of "contractions?" Are we in active labor?
    We are in the planning stages of having a baby.

"Hey hun, let's get to work on the baby!!"

The rapture is signless. We will have no warning from Jesus He is here. We just know the season. We can see how all of Revelation will be fullfilled and are looking for the blessed hope to take His Bride, the Church, whom is like a virgin.

QUESTION 3). Do you feel we are the last generation? Also, NOT DATE SETTING, but do you think IN comparison to the last 7 years, that if/when we are in the beginning of sorrows -- that the contractions will be longer/shorter as compared to the last 7 years? Personally, I think we've spanned years and years of contractions, and we may have just witnessed the first or second in active labor, but I COULD be wrong.
    We are more than likely the last generation yes.

Could be wrong about that. Scary thought.

But if every thinks this is bad they definetly don't wanna be here when mama goes into actual birth pangs.

Sorry for the jumbled questions.. get through them as best as you can. . Just thinking and would love to know what others are thinking about everything.
    Questions are always welcomed.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Excellent questions; any day now
    Peace, love, life, and kindness to ALL of God's Creatures

I've had a lot of the same thoughts/questions. The other day I asked my husband what he thinks about everything going on in the world, and if he thinks we're getting closer. He said that there's been wars and natural disasters happening for thousands of years, but it just seems like a lot now that we can 'know' about everything through technology.

But, when we look at Isreal combined with everything else going on in the world, we see that we are indeed close to the end times. Everything sure seems lined up to me...Iran and Russia to the north of Isreal, technology is primed for the antichrist to use it as a way for people to recieve the MOB, and SO many other signs that we all could list!

The scripture that I've been reminded of lately is Luke 21:28.

BTW, I think we're all somewhat 'green'. It seems like when I 'think' I understand, and then the Holy Spirit through the Word will show me something that I'd never fully grasped before, and each time I'm blown away by how rich the Word of God is, and by how little I really know! It's sure fun to study it all!

Good questions!

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    Beginning of sorrows is the actual beginning of Daniels 70th week.

If we look at Jesus' prophecy in Matthew, it's a step by step of the seals in Revelation.

I view all this a convergence of signs.

We are in the planning stages of having a baby.

"Hey hun, let's get to work on the baby!!"
    Borrowed, you really think this is just the "let's get to work on having a baby," timeframe? You really don't think we may have just experienced our first or second contraction?

Just wondering.

Default Kiwi green!

Borrowed, you really think this is just the "let's get to work on having a baby," timeframe? You really don't think we may have just experienced our first or second contraction?

Just wondering.
    I too am very green with posts. Ive studied the Lords word for many years at times more diligently than others. I love reading and learning from this group even though I deal with a serious illness that impacts my ability to post in a worthy manner. These things acknowledged, I feel the hour is late. I feel that based on scripture this labor is long -it's been a while since Israel regained nationhood, for example. I did not want to pray for the Lords return for years-I thought we need to work on the harvest. Now as the "contractions" come harder and longer its time for us to pray to the Lord that the Bride is ready. Dear Lord please help us getting your word to those who will hear, we are working hard to be ready, please come for us.

Just wondering.
    I would call it all warning shots as far as better wording would go. But as far as the actual beginning of sorrows no.

Verses that I always keep in mind for dispensational theology.

“But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
    **Matthew‬ *15:24‬ *KJV‬‬
    http://bible.com/1/mat.15.24.kjv

“Simon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:”
    **Acts‬ *15:14-16‬ *KJV‬‬
    http://bible.com/1/act.15.14-16.Kjv

So keeping the who what when where and whys in order we are still talking about Jesus' Earthly ministry which was apart of Daniels 70th week and for Israel. The Kingdom is currently on hold. Age of Gentiles.

Now let's look at the beginning of sorrows.

“And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.”
    **Matthew‬ *24:4-8‬ *KJV‬‬
    http://bible.com/1/mat.24.4-8.kjv

Now I'll insert my notes.

“And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; (Seal 1) and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of warsSeal 2) see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation,(seal 2) and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, (seal 3) and pestilences, (seal 4) and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.”
    **Matthew‬ *24:4-8‬ *KJV‬‬
    http://bible.com/1/mat.24.4-8.kjv

Continuing with Matthew

“Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: (seal 5) and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; (2 witnesses and 144,00) and then shall the end come. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:” (Abomination of desolation/ mid trib/ Rev 12)
    **Matthew‬ *24:9-16‬ *KJV‬‬
    http://bible.com/1/mat.24.9-16.kjv

So unless we are in the actual 70th week of Daniel no we aren't pregnant.

Convergence of signs. We have insight now to see how things like the Mark could be implemented. But the world hasn't seen anything yet.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Luke in its entirety.

“And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by. Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. And it shall turn to you for a testimony. Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. But there shall not an hair of your head perish. In your patience possess ye your souls. And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.”
    **Luke‬ *21:8-28‬ *KJV‬‬
    http://bible.com/1/luk.21.8-28.kjv

My notes inserted.

“And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; (Seal 1) and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; (seal 2) but the end is not by and by.

Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: (seal 2)

And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; (seal 3 and 4)

and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. And it shall turn to you for a testimony. (seal 5)Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. But there shall not an hair of your head perish. In your patience possess ye your souls. And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. (Set up for abomination)

Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. (Abomination is fullfilled. Flee)

For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. (Jesus earlier in Luke reads from Isaiah. In Luke 4:17-19 He reads “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.” He however leaves out the entirety of the passage. Not for fault. But the Lord knew Daniels 70th week would ultimately be postponed. Isaiah 61:2 actually reads “To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;”)

But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: (Revelation 13:10) and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. (The AC will make a covenant with them regarding all this is the best way I understand all this)

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; (we have the 6th seal) the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. (Second coming. Second coming and rapture not the same event)

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.” (I think this is a great verse for edification even when something doesn't immediately apply to us. Remember, Israel rejected Christ in the 69th and was cut off according to Daniel. The question going into Matthew and Luke was signs of His Coming regarding 2nd. We see the signs of all these things coming so we know the season and are waiting for Him to remove us. Then 70th weeks starts and Israel will learn they rejected their Messiah and will be looking up for Him to come down).
    **Luke‬ *21:8-28‬ *KJV‬‬
    http://bible.com/1/luk.21.8-28.kjv

Quote Originally Posted by amazdbygrace View Post
    I too am very green with posts. Ive studied the Lords word for many years at times more diligently than others. I love reading and learning from this group even though I deal with a serious illness that impacts my ability to post in a worthy manner. These things acknowledged, I feel the hour is late. I feel that based on scripture this labor is long -it's been a while since Israel regained nationhood, for example. I did not want to pray for the Lords return for years-I thought we need to work on the harvest. Now as the "contractions" come harder and longer its time for us to pray to the Lord that the Bride is ready. Dear Lord please help us getting your word to those who will hear, we are working hard to be ready, please come for us.
    I agree.
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

I agree with BorrowedTime in one sense... that "the beginning of birth pangs [G5604 ōdinōn (plural)]" (Matt 24:4-8; and Mk 13:8 also) match the Seals of Rev 6 (thus begin in the tribulation period, future to us).

In 1 Thess 5:2-3, Paul uses the singular form of the same word Jesus used there in Matt 24 I just quoted, when he wrote "...the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail [G5604 ōdin (singular)] upon a woman with child..."

Labor pains (and the first one, for sure) only start when one is "great with child" (so SOMEBODY is "expecting"! )

Dr Thomas Ice says (and I agree) that the beginning of birth pangs only start when Israel faces her time of trouble.

The context of 1 Thess 5:2-3 is the start of the day of the Lord (the tribulation period), with its first "birth pang [ōdin]" (which I also see as the first seal, Rev 6:2, corresponding to 2 Thess 2:3,7-8 'man of sin be revealed,' and Dan 9:27a).

Braxton Hicks contractions occur throughout a pregnancy (serving to strengthen the womb), and toward the end can resemble true labor pains (the ones that work to bring forth the delivery).

ETA: here's Dr Thomas Ice's article on that:

http://www.pre-trib.org/articles/vie...w-24-25-part-4

[from article]

Since I have shown in previous installments that Matthew 24 is a future, end-time prophecy, the next issue to tackle is when will verses 4 through 14 come to pass?
    [from article]

Since Matthew 24:4-14 cannot happen until after the rapture and the start of the tribulation, it is wrong to say that such events are prophetically significant in our own day. The birth pangs do not start until Israel faces her time of trouble. Maranatha!
    [more at link]

Interesting accepting. Dr Ice has better verbiage than I regarding what I was saying. Thanks for the post.