Thread: Interesting Article by Billy Graham's daughter on many levels.

Default Interesting Article by Billy Graham's daughter on many levels.

Not sure if this is the right place to post so Mods feel free to move it:

Anne Graham Lotz: Is God speaking through Irma, Harvey and an earthquake?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...arthquake.html

Snippet:

"God used the earthquake, wind and fire to get Elijah’s attention, because God had something to say. "

I found it very interesting hope you do to.

That wasn't want I was expecting to read! I was expecting something about God's warning, a call to repentance and prayer, a call to a sinful nation to turn back to God, a call to love God and our neighbors more than we love ourselves. But, that is not what the article said. In essence, it said: Be comforted, be blessed, be encouraged, be ready. Hmmm, all good things, and I can see that if this article is only directed towards the followers of Jesus Christ, but IMHO this is not a message for the sinful suffering folks.

Am I being too callous here? I think Anne Graham Lotz is a respected teacher and not some new-age type, right? What did I miss?
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Hi Firefly, I liked how Ms. Lotz connected the natural disasters that are occurring with the approaching rapture.

Oh, and I am given to believe that Anne Graham Lotz's teachings are very biblically based. In fact, after I looked at the article, I searched for quotes from her and found a number of good ones and posted one for today's quote: http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...75#post2640875

And here is another good one from her:

-For years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone? ANNE GRAHAM LOTZ

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
    And here is another good one from her:

-For years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone? ANNE GRAHAM LOTZ
    I remember her going on one of the major "news"(cough,cough) networks after 9/11, and that was her response to their question of why would God let that happen. Was it Connie Chung that asked her that pathetic question???

I sense many Prophecy "pundits" are saying the same thing. That there will be no revival in America this side of the rapture, even if we did have another "9-11" type disaster. I am nearing 67, and have never seen anything like the utter vitriol and nastiness in people, and there is NO moral governor in people's hearts.

But then when the birth pains get a few minutes apart, there is no reprieve - it's COMIN'

The comments to her article hurt so much... a lost world choosing to profane the Creator of all. Anne calling those that are His to look up, to await His coming, to anticipate His shofar... but the world profanes... just as Scripture said it would... their love grows cold and their hears are hardened.
    "Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God..."

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoose View Post
    The comments to her article hurt so much... a lost world choosing to profane the Creator of all. Anne calling those that are His to look up, to await His coming, to anticipate His shofar... but the world profanes... just as Scripture said it would... their love grows cold and their hears are hardened.

I agree. I just read her article, with which I agree, that the Lord is using these storms, fires, earthquakes, etc. to get our attention and warn us about what is coming. And i saw the comments about it. Sad! I love God so much for the warnings and His merciful nature that He wants us all to be with Him. I am looking up as I believe He is returning soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoose View Post
    I have posted earlier that I have been using YouTube videos from pastors and ministers, mostly related to the revelation 12 things to evangelise to the lost.

You're so right about the comments from the God haters and the completely, hopelessly lost. I was initially shocked and upset even at what some of them say about God and Jesus, and at first I was reticent to even engage with them, but that is not the brave spirit of a born again Christian.

After I read what someone posted it bothered me all day, and the spirit within me kept telling me to deal with this, deal with this person, post the truth its your Christian duty. So I did it to several people on various videos, and largely they went away and never posted again, so I hope they realised that the truth sets them free and the things I said and scriptures I quoted has got them thinking. Either way for the most part they all went from regular postings/arguments to dropping right off the comments trail.

After we all get over the vile, satanically driven people and comments on Christian news articles and videos, we must stand up for the faith, defend our beliefs and carry the salvation message of the cross to everyone.

Jesus said not to get angry, as an angry Christian is not a nice experience and only makes things worse really. So I have learned to pass my anger to Jesus for him to resolve, and then I catch my breath and go in and take on the worst commenters.

If you ever see something satanic or vile about Jesus and His sacrifice for the world being posted anywhere, don't be afraid to challenge them, don't be shy in standing up for Jesus and most of all show love and consideration for the poster.

Remember they are there to be saved and not as some other so called believers do and post equally angry words and wishes for them to remain lost and deserve everything that's coming to them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedeemed View Post
    I have posted earlier that I have been using YouTube videos from pastors and ministers, mostly related to the revelation 12 things to evangelise to the lost.

You're so right about the comments from the God haters and the completely, hopelessly lost. I was initially shocked and upset even at what some of them say about God and Jesus, and at first I was reticent to even engage with them, but that is not the brave spirit of a born again Christian.

After I read what someone posted it bothered me all day, and the spirit within me kept telling me to deal with this, deal with this person, post the truth its your Christian duty. So I did it to several people on various videos, and largely they went away and never posted again, so I hope they realised that the truth sets them free and the things I said and scriptures I quoted has got them thinking. Either way for the most part they all went from regular postings/arguments to dropping right off the comments trail.

After we all get over the vile, satanically driven people and comments on Christian news articles and videos, we must stand up for the faith, defend our beliefs and carry the salvation message of the cross to everyone.

Jesus said not to get angry, as an angry Christian is not a nice experience and only makes things worse really. So I have learned to pass my anger to Jesus for him to resolve, and then I catch my breath and go in and take on the worst commenters.

If you ever see something satanic or vile about Jesus and His sacrifice for the world being posted anywhere, don't be afraid to challenge them, don't be shy in standing up for Jesus and most of all show love and consideration for the poster.

Remember they are there to be saved and not as some other so called believers do and post equally angry words and wishes for them to remain lost and deserve everything that's coming to them.
    Regarding Anne Graham Lotz, she already wrote an earlier article talking about the warnings with these hurricanes, to repent, directing people to salvation and The Bible. So the way I took it is, the first article (a few days or a week ago?) was mostly for unbelievers. I think this article she wrote was mostly for believers saying get ready, this is 'bout to get real!!

Regarding hateful comments from unbelievers online, I try to see from their perspective. They're lost, longing for answers, confused, and probably wondering deep down if their nemeses were right. My response if I make one at all is to quote a single scripture relevant to the topic and let God's words work (or not, fall on deaf ears, in which case no matter what sound response I came up with would be ineffective too).

Regarding Rev 12 sign, not sure how you're using it but in my own unasked-for-opinion, I'd be very cautious using it for evangelizing. I believe that sign is being interpreted out of context. It happens post-rapture, the church is gone. It's not for us. And, if it's used to point to Jesus or rapture or whatever and it turns out Sept 23 is a non-event, a normal day like the blood moons, the eclipse, etc. then people use that to turn away from not to Jesus, call Christians kooks, etc. While I think future prophecy can be useful teaching particularly to new'ish or established believers, I think pointing to the hundreds of already fulfilled prophecies regarding Christ's first coming is powerful to unbelievers. That and the basic gospel message straight out of God's word about Jesus being the ONLY way, our need for repentance, not one is "good", merciful grace offered to us as the ONLY solution etc. Entertaining speculative correlation of end times events with current events is an ok thing to consider if seeking to see how it scripturally aligns within context is ok for mature, grounded believers, but dangerous for unbelievers or baby Christians. When we rely on others' interpretations without seeking scripture and discernment from the Holy Spirit it's easy to see some nugget of scripture twisted about as a possibility pointing to the end when it's not a divine sign. I KNOW I've been GUILTY of this! I think mostly because I so badly want it to be true, so I can be in the Lord's presence forever!
    Toots

Quote Originally Posted by BlessdMomUv5 View Post
    Regarding Anne Graham Lotz, she already wrote an earlier article talking about the warnings with these hurricanes, to repent, directing people to salvation and The Bible. So the way I took it is, the first article (a few days or a week ago?) was mostly for unbelievers. I think this article she wrote was mostly for believers saying get ready, this is 'bout to get real!!

Regarding hateful comments from unbelievers online, I try to see from their perspective. They're lost, longing for answers, confused, and probably wondering deep down if their nemeses were right. My response if I make one at all is to quote a single scripture relevant to the topic and let God's words work (or not, fall on deaf ears, in which case no matter what sound response I came up with would be ineffective too).

Regarding Rev 12 sign, not sure how you're using it but in my own unasked-for-opinion, I'd be very cautious using it for evangelizing. I believe that sign is being interpreted out of context. It happens post-rapture, the church is gone. It's not for us. And, if it's used to point to Jesus or rapture or whatever and it turns out Sept 23 is a non-event, a normal day like the blood moons, the eclipse, etc. then people use that to turn away from not to Jesus, call Christians kooks, etc. While I think future prophecy can be useful teaching particularly to new'ish or established believers, I think pointing to the hundreds of already fulfilled prophecies regarding Christ's first coming is powerful to unbelievers. That and the basic gospel message straight out of God's word about Jesus being the ONLY way, our need for repentance, not one is "good", merciful grace offered to us as the ONLY solution etc. Entertaining speculative correlation of end times events with current events is an ok thing to consider if seeking to see how it scripturally aligns within context is ok for mature, grounded believers, but dangerous for unbelievers or baby Christians. When we rely on others' interpretations without seeking scripture and discernment from the Holy Spirit it's easy to see some nugget of scripture twisted about as a possibility pointing to the end when it's not a divine sign. I KNOW I've been GUILTY of this! I think mostly because I so badly want it to be true, so I can be in the Lord's presence forever!
    Oh yes I agree I don't comment on the vids at all. I target the ones who are disputing the very existence of God and not the ones debating whether it's a sign or not.

I have written what I felt guided to write each time and never get argumentative or confrontational with anyone, as other people are watching and reading the comments too.

As you say these people are there because really they have despair and fears, and I try to give them comfort via scripture.

Of course the bonus may be invisible, as some lurkers may read and like what myself and the other born again's are posting and get saved.

Care is always required as you rightly say, or we could come across as a bunch of total kookie cases.

Anne Graham Lotz ... God bless her soul. She is truly a woman of God. I love to listen to her when I can. I loved her article and agree the comments were just disgusting. We truly are a lost world.
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedeemed View Post
    Oh yes I agree I don't comment on the vids at all. I target the ones who are disputing the very existence of God and not the ones debating whether it's a sign or not.

I have written what I felt guided to write each time and never get argumentative or confrontational with anyone, as other people are watching and reading the comments too.

As you say these people are there because really they have despair and fears, and I try to give them comfort via scripture.

Of course the bonus may be invisible, as some lurkers may read and like what myself and the other born again's are posting and get saved.

Care is always required as you rightly say, or we could come across as a bunch of total kookie cases.
    Toots

Default Anne Graham Lotz

Open letter to Anne Graham Lotz on Lighthouse Trails...

Dear Anne,
    I have always regarded you as a very spiritual woman, but when I read that you had bought into the heresy found in the book The Circle Maker, I thought to myself, how could she be so deceived?
    The Bible says in 1 John 4: “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits, whether they are of God, because many false prophets are come into the world.”
    If you were to type into a search engine “The Circle Maker” you would find what I, a layman, found out about this book and this “new way” of praying.
    circleAnd in 2 Peter 2 : 1, “But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.”
    In Ephesians 4: 14, the Word says, “That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind and doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive.”
    And in Colossians 2: 8, the Word says, “Beware lest any man spoil you, through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.”
    Jesus said, “Unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required” (Luke 12: 48).
    You have been given much Anne; thus your accountability before Jesus is far greater than the hundreds, probably thousands, who are going to read what you said about “The Circle Maker” and say to themselves, well, if Anne Graham Lotz believes and endorses and practices what the circle maker says, then it must be okay. BUT IT ISN’T. Thus, you have now become a stumbling block and not a stepping stone to all who will follow your lead.
    The men I have been praying with every Tuesday evening for years will be praying for you, Anne—that you will recant your position and ask Jesus to rectify this wrong.
    Bill

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=18792
    Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Anddra View Post

Dear Anne,
    I have always regarded you as a very spiritual woman, but when I read that you had bought into the heresy found in the book The Circle Maker, I thought to myself, how could she be so deceived?
    The Bible says in 1 John 4: “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits, whether they are of God, because many false prophets are come into the world.”
    If you were to type into a search engine “The Circle Maker” you would find what I, a layman, found out about this book and this “new way” of praying.
    circleAnd in 2 Peter 2 : 1, “But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.”
    In Ephesians 4: 14, the Word says, “That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind and doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive.”
    And in Colossians 2: 8, the Word says, “Beware lest any man spoil you, through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.”
    Jesus said, “Unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required” (Luke 12: 48).
    You have been given much Anne; thus your accountability before Jesus is far greater than the hundreds, probably thousands, who are going to read what you said about “The Circle Maker” and say to themselves, well, if Anne Graham Lotz believes and endorses and practices what the circle maker says, then it must be okay. BUT IT ISN’T. Thus, you have now become a stumbling block and not a stepping stone to all who will follow your lead.
    The men I have been praying with every Tuesday evening for years will be praying for you, Anne—that you will recant your position and ask Jesus to rectify this wrong.
    Bill

Her response to this open letter is there too. Just trying to see both sides.
    2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God, and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Anddra View Post

Dear Anne,
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Her response to this open letter is there too. Just trying to see both sides.
    I'm not sure that link is allowed, since that is a blog. But I was intrigued so I did my own web search on "Anne Graham Lotz promoting circle making". I found enough to cause me concern. I also glanced at a few of the one-star reviews for the book "The Circle Maker" on Amazon, which some people claim AGL promoted. One lengthy review in particular did justice to point out how this book just isn't biblical.

I don't listen to or read her material, but this entire concept about praying with circles just sounds weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm not sure that link is allowed, since that is a blog. But I was intrigued so I did my own web search on "Anne Graham Lotz promoting circle making". I found enough to cause me concern. I also glanced at a few of the one-star reviews for the book "The Circle Maker" on Amazon, which some people claim AGL promoted. One lengthy review in particular did justice to point out how this book just isn't biblical.

I don't listen to or read her material, but this entire concept about praying with circles just sounds weird to me.
    I haven't read anything AGL has written or teaches either, but just reading her response to that open letter, I didn't get that she was promoting "The Circle Maker" at all. But that's just me.
    2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God, and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I haven't read anything AGL has written or teaches either, but just reading her response to that open letter, I didn't get that she was promoting "The Circle Maker" at all. But that's just me.
    Sorry, that came from some other comments I found within that site, but since they were blogs I didn't think I could post them. You are correct, it didn't come from her response.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Sorry, that came from some other comments I found within that site, but since they were blogs I didn't think I could post them. You are correct, it didn't come from her response.
    No worries.

Amen....