Thread: European Union Threatened by Potential New Nation of Catalonia

Default European Union Threatened by Potential New Nation of Catalonia

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...ia-comes-heel/

Events not going well between Madrid and Barcelona. Major vote this Sunday IF it takes place...First article I have seen on how this might threaten the EU. Those Catalans just will not stay quiet!!!

http://news.trust.org/item/20171004112122-805c3

Spain in constitutional crisis...

Looks like they might see civil war. I don't know a whole lot about Spain... so it's hard for me to read/understand what's happening there. Whatever is happening seems to be happening very quickly, unlike BREXIT.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

The thing that makes me most curious is how it correlates with Bible prophecy. Same with the kurdish people wanting their own country.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/spain-poi...022637762.html

What a mess. Catalonia declares Independence from Spain. Spain retaliates and dissolves their parliament.

This makes me wonder, what would the USA do if California seceded and declared itself an independent and sovereign nation?
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    This makes me wonder, what would the USA do if California seceded and declared itself an independent and sovereign nation?
    Personally, I would say good riddance. But California is a very populous state and I cannot imagine the Federal Government taking kindly to losing such a big tax base.

The Democratic Party wouldn’t want to lose all of those electoral votes either.
    And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
    Romans 11:6

I can't see how California could afford to pull away from the U.S. and all the money it gets from the federal system. The state would have to support all of the illegal aliens, and would no longer get the subsidies for businesses, contracts, etc., etc., etc. I think the state would sink on it's own. Nope, don't think it could ever happen...........

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ca...rticle/2638928

It looks like California may not become a separate nation instead efforts underway to break up into three different states. Surprised by lines drawn I am as Northern California not really favourably inclined to San Francisco and yet San Francisco in current proposal included in Northern California state.

I don't see how the state can be divided two ways, let alone three. I don't think they could support themselves...........especially northern and central areas that do not include the bay area. Central is mostly farmland and they are already struggling greatly with being part of one big state. I don't understand their thinking on this.........

. Dance.