View Poll Results: What Holidays Do You Celebrate?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • I celebrate Christmas

131 69.31%
  • I celebrate Easter

117 61.90%
  • I celebrate Halloween

12 6.35%
  • I celebrate all

39 20.63%
  • I celebrate None - It's of the devil!

24 12.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bubba - The Holidays Threads Merged

The Learner Guest

What is the occult when compared to the Glory of God? It is nothing. Satan lost his teeth upon the resurrection of Jesus. We all know how this all ends.

I have seen what demons can do to people, and I suppose that if I was not a Christian they would scare me. God lives in me, and He is greater than any power in this world. So if I am one of those Christians who doesn't take the occult seriously then I wear that badge with honor.

KitsapGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    What is the occult when compared to the Glory of God? It is nothing. Satan lost his teeth upon the resurrection of Jesus. We all know how this all ends.

I have seen what demons can do to people, and I suppose that if I was not a Christian they would scare me. God lives in me, and He is greater than any power in this world. So if I am one of those Christians who doesn't take the occult seriously then I wear that badge with honor.
    It's not about being scared, or not realising that God is mightier. It's about being aware.

I'll fill you in on something that happened to me Palm Sunday, this year...

I was sitting in the balcony. Behind me I heard what sounded like a child who couldn't sit still. Not wanting to be rude to possable 1st time guests, I didn't turn around to see who it was. During communion, I began to hear what was going on...the woman behind me was exhibiting the classic signs of posession...I asked my DH if he heard what I heard...he did. the sounds, and movement kept going...while I was listening, two thoughts went through my head...two prayers actually. The first was Jesus, please let me know if I a to do something for this woman. The second was Jesus, my children are with me, and I'm not sure if they're ready to witness this...but quicken me if I need to do something. When we were dismissed, I looked for the woman, she had left as quickly as possible...I asked those around me where she had gone, and if the noticed anything unusual about her...to both questions I heard "no"...I haven't seen her since.

My questions are...Were my DH & I the only ones to recognise what was happening? Should I have done something for the woman during the service?

It's one of those things, you know what you know...I knew what I heard, my DH heard, my 9 year old heard, my 12 year old knew something was amiss, but didn't know what it was. I continue to pray for her. She needs deliverance, I don't know what brought her to our church, but I wish that I had been able to find her before she left.

To those who are in bondage to the occult, it is a serious thing...us not taking it serious leaves them in bondage. I'd like to not know what I know, to be able to forget about it, not take it serious...but I can't. God allowed me to experience things for a purpose...

Sometimes God allows us to see something like this in order for us to pray for them.
    When we lived in Bremerton, there was a car that we passed in our apartments who's owner was into to Witchcraft. She/He had bumper stickers about their Church and others which made fun of Christianity. Each time, I passed that car, I prayed for the owner. I never saw them, but I feel God wanted me to pray for them.
    Because you did not feel led to speak them, nor did God allow you to find her, may mean that that person is not ready to hear God's voice, but we can pray that God will soften her heart for God. I believe that God does send us people to pray for.

The Learner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KitsapGirl View Post
    It's not about being scared, or not realising that God is mightier. It's about being aware.

I'll fill you in on something that happened to me Palm Sunday, this year...

I was sitting in the balcony. Behind me I heard what sounded like a child who couldn't sit still. Not wanting to be rude to possable 1st time guests, I didn't turn around to see who it was. During communion, I began to hear what was going on...the woman behind me was exhibiting the classic signs of posession...I asked my DH if he heard what I heard...he did. the sounds, and movement kept going...while I was listening, two thoughts went through my head...two prayers actually. The first was Jesus, please let me know if I a to do something for this woman. The second was Jesus, my children are with me, and I'm not sure if they're ready to witness this...but quicken me if I need to do something. When we were dismissed, I looked for the woman, she had left as quickly as possible...I asked those around me where she had gone, and if the noticed anything unusual about her...to both questions I heard "no"...I haven't seen her since.

My questions are...Were my DH & I the only ones to recognise what was happening? Should I have done something for the woman during the service?

It's one of those things, you know what you know...I knew what I heard, my DH heard, my 9 year old heard, my 12 year old knew something was amiss, but didn't know what it was. I continue to pray for her. She needs deliverance, I don't know what brought her to our church, but I wish that I had been able to find her before she left.

To those who are in bondage to the occult, it is a serious thing...us not taking it serious leaves them in bondage. I'd like to not know what I know, to be able to forget about it, not take it serious...but I can't. God allowed me to experience things for a purpose...

I have had an encounter with a demon that I would have rather not had as well. But when it happened I was surprised that I wasn't scared (especially since I get scared just thinking about movies like the Exorcist). I didn't want to believe what was happening at first, but finally I had to stop denying what was happening. Not only wasn't I scared but when that thing got rebuked in the name of Jesus it left immediately.

I certainly will never forget that experience, but I am glad I had it. It only strengthened my faith. What was so awesome about it is that God actually used this experience to strenghen my faith during a time when I was really going out on a limb with giving more of my life over to Him. It only cemented the fact that God is so sovereign that even agents of satan do His will whether they want to or not.

NovaStorm Guest

I have had an encounter with a demon that I would have rather not had as well. But when it happened I was surprised that I wasn't scared (especially since I get scared just thinking about movies like the Exorcist). I didn't want to believe what was happening at first, but finally I had to stop denying what was happening. Not only wasn't I scared but when that thing got rebuked in the name of Jesus it left immediately.

I certainly will never forget that experience, but I am glad I had it. It only strengthened my faith. What was so awesome about it is that God actually used this experience to strenghen my faith during a time when I was really going out on a limb with giving more of my life over to Him. It only cemented the fact that God is so sovereign that even agents of satan do His will whether they want to or not.
    So would you contribute it to as a spanking from God for doing something you weren't suppose to be doing? I've had similar experiences when I was young, but in time I realized that I wasn't doing the things I should have been doing and as a result was inviting demonic beings/powers to invade my life to attempt to hinder me further and ultimately destroy me.

I can't really comment on fear, I have even had near head-on collisions on the highway without my heart even feeling the slightest change but I know what it can result in. Same for playing with demonic powers or inviting them in, I know what they can do so don't play it off any less as if it's no big deal. However, I do hate demonic powers and such, for the fear of the Lord is to hate evil Proverbs 8:13 we are just not suppose to play with the stuff at all no matter how immovable we think we are Matthew 4:7

The Learner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NovaStorm View Post
    So would you contribute it to as a spanking from God for doing something you weren't suppose to be doing? I've had similar experiences when I was young, but in time I realized that I wasn't doing the things I should have been doing and as a result was inviting demonic beings/powers to invade my life to attempt to hinder me further and ultimately destroy me.

I can't really comment on fear, I have even had near head-on collisions on the highway without my heart even feeling the slightest change but I know what it can result in. Same for playing with demonic powers or inviting them in, I know what they can do so don't play it off any less as if it's no big deal. However, I do hate demonic powers and such, for the fear of the Lord is to hate evil Proverbs 8:13 we are just not suppose to play with the stuff at all no matter how immovable we think we are Matthew 4:7
    No I wasn't experimenting with the occult or anything like that, I have never had the desire.

I just so happen to be a control freak, and it generally has taken an act of God so to speak to show me how little that I am actually in control. It was during this period that I was going through this, and I was at a point where I really needed to try to stop hanging onto my illusion of control (or reluctance to surrender) in one aspect of my life. I was struggling with this, and then the aforementioned experience happened, and it actually made things crystal clear for me.

Now I have no doubt as to who the Master is, and I have no reason not to trust Him in everything.

NovaStorm Guest

No I wasn't experimenting with the occult or anything like that, I have never had the desire.
    Depends on your definition, really. Quite a many accounts of people inviting demons into their home unwittingly through their possessions or entertainment and such. Demonic beings tend to take favor with certain items and feel led to be invited to the places where those items are taken, such as voodoo dolls or certain charms etc. This is often why many people say to destroy such articles when discovered in ones home, and by some accounts demonic screams occurring upon the destruction of such items. If it is no big deal or not scary in some way, how do you really know you have not already brought such things into your home already? Such things are easily masked from sight or knowledge.

The Learner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NovaStorm View Post
    Depends on your definition, really. Quite a many accounts of people inviting demons into their home unwittingly through their possessions or entertainment and such. Demonic beings tend to take favor with certain items and feel led to be invited to the places where those items are taken, such as voodoo dolls or certain charms etc. This is often why many people say to destroy such articles when discovered in ones home, and by some accounts demonic screams occurring upon the destruction of such items. If it is no big deal or not scary in some way, how do you really know you have not already brought such things into your home already? Such things are easily masked from sight or knowledge.
    Because the experience was due to someone elses definite dabbling in the occult, specifically with quiji boards.

NovaStorm Guest

Because the experience was due to someone elses definite dabbling in the occult, specifically with quiji boards.
    One of my direct manifested encounters was surrounding my participation in the game Dungeons and Dragons back in the 80ís along with the music I listened to at the time (i.e. Suicidal Tendencies, DRI and other such demonically inspired bands). A being attacked me in the night from which it was surrounding my pile of books, maps, notes and albums in which it made loud, clear and definable noises. Once I approached, it physically came up against me but the Holy Spirit ushered it away so that it may not posses me. My friends had similar encounters, I thus got rid of that stuff. Much happened in those days and not all were as guarded as I, it seems

magnum_the_logical Guest

Default Celebrate Halloween?

Who puts out a Jack o latern and hanging halloween figures?

If you do, does it make you a devil worshiper?

Umm, I have a neat jack o latern and a couple ghosts in my yard. So be gentle!

tom_roberts Guest

popcorn for now

but if you want an honest scriptural opinion i say shun it

its occult

its worldly

Its non scriptural

witches and satanists love it

so I choose not to take part in something they and the world love

its the one choice for me thats easy, we all struggle with the old man
    but this is one of those ''choose who's team your on'' issue for me

WJCH--would Jesus celebrate Halloween?

I do not think so and so i choose to follow him

MurphtheSquirt Guest

Personally, no. Neither Dh or I do, and we don't decorate our classrooms in school.

I think it depends upon what you sense in your spirit. For us, it was wrong. Other people may not have that check.

Murph
    Last edited by MurphtheSquirt; October 17th, 2007 at 08:38 PM. Reason: clarification

scrappergirl Guest

we don't either.
    after i learned the significance of even the tiniest things (jack o lanterns, bobbing for apples, trick or treating, etc) i could no longer do these things. when i was ignorant to the realities, it was different. but once my eyes were opened, i could not choose to go back to celebrating a day that is high on the wiccan calendar of holidays and has no redeeming value. most people don't understand why...some people don't want to know the reason why (some because they want to insist its just all innocent fun--but once you know the background, can it any longer be innocent?)...

no, i don't think celebrating halloween makes you a devil worshipper...but if someone knows the truth and refuses to acknowledge it because they want to continue to let their kids have 'fun'....well....i dunno. it sort of becomes almost idolatry to me. i don't want to do things to fit in with society...i want to do things that honor God, and if i can't see any honor in them, then i don't bother doing them.

scrappergirl Guest

oh
    and i agree with what tom roberts said.
    he summed it up quite nicely.

ByHisGrace Guest

Wow Tygerkitten! I am impressed!

FrankBeMe Guest

Paganism is very alive.

For example:

The US Army Chaplain's manual includes wicca
    The VA is now allowing pentagrams on the head stones of fallen soldiers who practiced paganism while alive.
    The state of Wisconsin hired a wiccan priestess a few years ago as a prison chaplain.
    paganpaths is an mIRC channel and is kind of popular
    witchvox.com has thousands of members with profiles. You can search for adult pagans, teen pagans and pagan groups.
    Paranormal things are increasing. Ghost hunting shows and pshycic shows are becoming more and more popular with more coming on the air.

There's more......but you all get the idea.

I once ran with that crowd.....and I'm very glad I returned to the Truth of Jesus...and I do pray for people who are in the crowd who I know that they'll see the truth and run from the occult.

A BELIEVER Guest

Yep, better believe it and beware...

AllforHim Guest

Oh yes its alive and thriving!! Not for long though

KitsapGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FrankBeMe View Post
    witchvox.com has thousands of members with profiles. You can search for adult pagans, teen pagans and pagan groups.
    Paranormal things are increasing.

I check this sight monthly. I some of my daughters at school friends are children of "white" witches, so I keep myself informed on their group's activities. It's a very good, user friendly site.