Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gun Toter's thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Its the Belgins, Germans, and Czechs who design the best firearms. Kalishnikov copied a Sturmgewher. [ OK the T-38 was an excellent tank ]
    You are correct--but to the winner goes the spoils. I think the 7.62x39 is superior to the 7.92x33.

You don't like 1911's?
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

A place called Mega Sports here in town had a MAK-90 for... get this... $600! That, my friends, is INSANELY HIGH.
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
    Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
    Psalm 91:7-8

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
    Romans 8:31

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

7.62.... well in .308 ok.......

I prefer .243.

My faves are m-14s and 1911A1s. But for quality of manufacture, when I compare my Walther .22 or BRNO to similar US makes, they totally outclass the US stuff.

I even have a .22 lever Browning - made in Japan. Flawless compared to a Marlin or Winchester.

A Springfield 1911A1 is my carry. Single action is safest way IMO for chambered round. I keep my chamber clear unless the situation calls for it, like if I have to transfer cash.

I would very much like a Kimber, just the price is a bit much. I did check out a Bersa in .45, very nice and compact.
    I priced a tuneup - rebarrel of my Springfield, and it is cheaper to just by a Kimber or some other comp quality 1911.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

I love .45's! My carry is an S&W M&P 45C. I do have one 1911--a Taurus...yeah I know....
    It feeds FMJ's just fine, but I've got to take it to the smith if I want it to eat JHP's.

Kimber's are nice--the Raptor is my dream actually. Wish I had the $$$ for one!
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

If I was more concerned about carry,

I'd likely try to find a Marlin Camp Carbine in .45 and convert it to a bullpup.

Of course at that point I might as well splurge on an old Aussie Owen smg.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

I have two fnh's, a scar16 and a 5.5X28. they are precision machines. My best rifle though is my M1A1 supermatch with springfield scope. Range finding out 1,000 yards. I feel really comfortable with a 45 as a carry weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    If I was more concerned about carry,

I'd likely try to find a Marlin Camp Carbine in .45 and convert it to a bullpup.

Of course at that point I might as well splurge on an old Aussie Owen smg.
    I've looked at the Owen SMGs and it looks that the top fed magazine would be kind of annoying.

I'd probably take a Sten over the former since we're talking about those old open bolt blow-backs.

But then again, who's really aiming with true SMGs as they're spray and pray. :P
    My soul is in anguish.
    How long, O LORD, how long? -Psalms 6:3

Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. Revelations 22:12

Salvation!

For if you confess to others with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe with your heart that God raised him from the dead, you shall be saved! -Romans 10:9

"Then everyone will see the Son of Man coming on a cloud with power and great glory!" Luke 21:27

The Owen was a superb smg. The top loading helped eliminated jams. As a jungle smg it outperformed stens and thompsons. It was demonstrated in .45 as well as 9mm.

However 9mm was the standard. And as you pointed out, who needs sights on an smg. I'll take the reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorX View Post
    A place called Mega Sports here in town had a MAK-90 for... get this... $600! That, my friends, is INSANELY HIGH.
    A place called Dunn's Sporting Goods up north of here had a WASR 10/63, new in box, with bayonet and all that comes with them for $575. It, surprisingly, had almost non-existent magazine wobble and only a slight front sight cant. Wasn't too bad.
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorX View Post
    A place called Dunn's Sporting Goods up north of here had a WASR 10/63, new in box, with bayonet and all that comes with them for $575. It, surprisingly, had almost non-existent magazine wobble and only a slight front sight cant. Wasn't too bad.
    Good luck with that--WASR's are sometimes a crapshoot. Some people don't like the Hungarian AMD-65, but it's my favorite & most reliable AK. I converted my front grip over to a normal handguard & kept the folding wire-stock. Got mine for $399 out the door!
    Let us know how she shoots!

Quote Originally Posted by Florian9 View Post
    Good luck with that--WASR's are sometimes a crapshoot. Some people don't like the Hungarian AMD-65, but it's my favorite & most reliable AK. I converted my front grip over to a normal handguard & kept the folding wire-stock. Got mine for $399 out the door!
    Let us know how she shoots!
    Oh I didn't buy that one. I'm still waiting on the original deal to see what he's got.

Any Browning nuts out here? I'v been all over the net trying to find out something about my dad old A-5. So many marking and the SN# doesn't come up at browning.
    If you are good at figuring this stuff out let me know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Any Browning nuts out here? I'v been all over the net trying to find out something about my dad old A-5. So many marking and the SN# doesn't come up at browning.
    If you are good at figuring this stuff out let me know.

Thanks
    Are you it's a browning? Sears and western auto used to sell a-5 clones.

New Favorite.... OK Allison Krause is an old favorite.....

Stopped by the gunstore and checked out a Baretta Px4 Storm Compact. .40 S&W $500.

NICE! Especially for a CCW. Front rail for a laser dot. Clip options, Smooth DA pull. Safety decocks hammer.

They also have a new .45 based on the Storm frame.

I hooked a Glenfield Model 10 .22 single shot bolt rifle a week back. - Wanted something to quiet .22 Shorts a bit more than the S&W revolver with a 6" barrel. lol.

I had that rabid skunk in the yard last year and thought about capping it with the revolver using CCI CB .22 Shorts but was concerned about the report. I tried them in the Glen-10 and they're quite a bit more quiet out of it's 21" barrel.

I think it was made in 1966 or 1967 because it has no serial number and I read something saying that firearms were required to have them by 1968 or so and the model was made between 1966 and 1979.

A nice nab.
    My first rifle was a Glennfield .22 autoloader, 9 shot tube, sorta looked like an M1 carbine. It was just before Marlin bought them out.

Unfortunately my dad (lucky for me) did not fully understand what auto-loader meant.
    After my first shot, I cycled the bolt only to find a live round already chambered.
    The tube was empty 3 seconds later.

Dad freaked until I convinced him it was designed that way. Keep it out of sight was his only request.
    Maryland allowed hunting with semi-auto back then.

I currently have a CZ BRNO 452 with a 28" barrel. Yep 28", it is a special military training version - overrun.

I use RWS CB's and get full penetration of 1/4 plywood at 40 yards (I prefer conicals, but for now I have round type).

These CBs are but 1/4 long, tricky to load, and the raised acorn on the base will jam some revolvers.

But for quiet, its less than an air rifle. My one friend uses a .22 RWS air rifle for urban pests - groundhogs. Its Impressive.

The most economical.

22 and 22 magnum. And they can kill, too.
    The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen. (Revelation 22:21) ESV

Dispatcher from the new teenage generation

Quote Originally Posted by clemson View Post
    The most economical.

22 and 22 magnum. And they can kill, too.
    Im the immortal words of Jerome Lester Horowitz...

Soitenly!

My GP had a Winchester Mod 255 in .22 WMR. It was my favorite chuck gun and after the first use, I quit hunting with .22 Lr. Sadly it was stolen years later, but by then I had my Marlin.

We did some tests and found a fmj .22WMR went clean through a box packed with phone books Approx 9" of solid paper.
    At point blank, a .22 WMR is every bit as effective as a .45
    which makes it an excellent choice for ladies to carry.

Both daughters like my Rossi .22WMR DA revolver, but the older DD prefers the 1911a1. Go figure.

And if you can find an old AMT Minimag, it makes a nice semi-auto first responder.

It finally arrived - gift from FiL..... Beretta Px4. Std F model .40 sw

Sweet.