Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
Results 1,041 to 1,043 of 1043

Thread: The Gun Toter's thread

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Given View Post
    What is amazing to me anyway is WalMart here quit carrying handguns years ago. But now they stock numerous AR's and bulk AR ammo. I can find AR .223 ammo just about anywhere here but not .22
    I think our Wal*Mart still sells handguns... haven't looked in a while because I'm not in the market. I think (don't know for sure) that they offer some things on a regional/location basis.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

With Cabela's, Dick's and many local gunshops in our area, several Walmarts do not sell guns.

No real market for them locally, but other stores have both ammo and long-arms. Handguns require more work to sell, so some stores avoid the hassle and liability.

As for .22, its simply cheaper to shoot, a lot of hand-gunners are practicing with it, and with all the .22 semi-auto's sold in the last few years, consumption as only increased.
    A couple kids can blow through 500+ rounds easy in one junkyard session.

There are still some that hoard, but if you are a good customer, local gunshops will often help you out.

The .22 shortage is a multiprong problem with several elements all working at the same time to drive up consumption.

Fear hoarding,
    price hording(shops hold inventory to drive up price),
    more handgun practicing - cheaper than 9mmm,
    .22 steel challenge becoming very popular,
    more .22 semi autos in the market - more owners of .22 semi's,

because of rushed production - bad lots of .22 which means replacement reduces inventory,

Oh and a minor item, you can only ship/inventory so much stuff at a time for safety reasons, so you almost need a constant convoy of trucks -
    with a (half?) skid per trailer.

Yea, it still frustrating you can find plenty of .17mag, but .22lr or .22WMR vanish faster than its placed on the shelf.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Well for the first time in a while..... .22 inventory on Cabela's shelves.

I was reserved and only purchased 1 brick of Rem .22 Golden.
    There were other varities too and much of the rifle inventory appeared available.

Curiously, it seems the glut of Russian Mosin Nagants rifles is gone. Maybe the Ukrane issue stopped imports, but I saw none on the rack last time.

And the last ones were pushing $200 for a mis-matched or forced matched rifle.
    My DS got a really nice matched (all parts original with same SN) for $110 a while back.

Saturdays are a little more noisy as many neighbors are practicing in the afternoon.

Ah yes, the joy - liability of country life.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”