Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556
Results 1,101 to 1,114 of 1114

Thread: The Gun Toter's thread

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
    ...........Personally, I have a fascination with the new red dot scopes with a selectable magnifier.
    Do you have any experience with, or suggestions for, them? ...................
    No I haven't seen the selectable type.

However, my experience with variable scopes usually wound up finding a best setting and then keeping it there. The only reason I would change scope magnification is I forgot my binoculars.

I like the tube type dot scopes for 50-100 yards. The BSA on my target 22 pistol is great but a little bulky, but when you can shoot quarters at 25 yards, it works for me.

You really have to match purpose-to firearm-to your own skill-to your eyesight, even then you may do well with one combination on a carbine and need a totally different one for a pistol.

I have a Burris fastfire3 on my Beretta 96a1, yet on my Beretta 84, open sights work excellently. My EBR-Evil Black Rifle has a reflex sight, while my bolt action rifles have premium scopes.

Perhaps the best thing to do is visit a gun club and watch the competition shoots. If possible you may even get to handle some of the firearms and see what works for you.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Scopes/optics

Bushnell is good and economical and BSA has done well for me. I still have a Tru-glo Reflex soldiering on.

Burris, Nikon have been my favorites.
    I like EoTech's personally. They never lose their zero - at least the compact ones don't.
    I have a PO 3.5x21p, the Russian version of an ACOG. That thing is huge but IMHO it's superior to an ACOG with the exception of it's size. The field of view is amazing at 200 yards and above. It's also got a night-time reticle and flip over NV. If you're into AK's I highly recommend one.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian9 View Post
    I like EoTech's personally. They never lose their zero - at least the compact ones don't.
    I have a PO 3.5x21p, the Russian version of an ACOG. That thing is huge but IMHO it's superior to an ACOG with the exception of it's size. The field of view is amazing at 200 yards and above. It's also got a night-time reticle and flip over NV. If you're into AK's I highly recommend one.
    Well, that sounds like a great scope for hunting in the Himalayas

I think Wally had the best advice so far:
    ... BSA has done well for me. I still have a Tru-glo Reflex soldiering on.
    Burris, Nikon have been my favorites.
    A good BSA or Nikon Red dot scope could be had for less than $200.
    I don't know anything about Burris.

Well, that sounds like a great scope for hunting in the Himalayas

I like taking long range pop-shots with my 74's - it's perfect for that.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

I like taking long range pop-shots with my 74's - it's perfect for that.
    Cool dialect. We say pot-shots in these parts.

I think it has something to do with if you hit you have something for the cook-pot, if you miss ......... Heeeeeeeeeem... you go HUNGRY Bow Bow Bow.....[gotta know the Blues Bros song]

Burris makes a reflex sight I have on my Beretta. Excellent sight, yet the .40sw seemed to have caused a bullseye in the glass.
    I called to find it has a life time guarantee, and it was replaced quickly. Excellent optic in my book with matching customer service.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

Cool dialect. We say pot-shots in these parts.

I think it has something to do with if you hit you have something for the cook-pot, if you miss ......... Heeeeeeeeeem... you go HUNGRY Bow Bow Bow.....[gotta know the Blues Bros song]
    Well Wally you forget I'm in GA and we probably don't pronounce things exactly as they should be pronounced (or understood for that matter)

Being from Maryland, I grew up without an accent.

It wuzznt 'til Ah visited mah Muhzurra relatives that thay lernt me to taulk raiht.

But did they laugh at my dutchified Jakey and Amos stories.

Being from Maryland, I grew up without an accent.

It wuzznt 'til Ah visited mah Muhzurra relatives that thay lernt me to taulk raiht.

But did they laugh at my dutchified Jakey and Amos stories.
    LOL!

Changing topics - ATF under Trump. He'll nominate (or maybe he already has) somebody new I'm sure. I'm thinking a reversal of the ban on Norinco's in China and their ammo. Not to mention the ridiculous ban on 7n6 from Russia and Saiga imports. Don Jr. and Eric Trump are gun enthusiasts who have already said they want to make obtaining silencers way easier. Thoughts?

... Don Jr. and Eric Trump are gun enthusiasts who have already said they want to make obtaining silencers way easier. Thoughts?
    That sounds great. It is amazing to me how many miles we have come from the true meaning of the 2nd amendment. I don't want to have to learn sign language, just because my wife had to defend herself inside the house, and rendered herself deaf. I would also like to see the "tax" (another way of saying unconstitutional gun control) on Short Barreled Rifles, Short Barreled Shotguns and certain other kinds of shotguns that would be good for home defense, go away.

That sounds great. It is amazing to me how many miles we have come from the true meaning of the 2nd amendment. I don't want to have to learn sign language, just because my wife had to defend herself inside the house, and rendered herself deaf. I would also like to see the "tax" (another way of saying unconstitutional gun control) on Short Barreled Rifles, Short Barreled Shotguns and certain other kinds of shotguns that would be good for home defense, go away.
    The Firearms Act of 1934 is blatantly Unconstitutional with regard to barrel lengths. IMHO almost all NRA advocates would want the tax stamps tossed out for SBR's and silencers. And I know what you mean about being rendered deaf with an indoor gunshot. Several years ago at an indoor range the rangemaster called for everybody to cease fire and back away from the lanes so he could fix a stuck target down range. Everybody took off their hearing protection to hear him speak and the dude next to me fires one last shot out of his 308 - my right ear hasn't been the same since.

The Firearms Act of 1934 is blatantly Unconstitutional with regard to barrel lengths. IMHO almost all NRA advocates would want the tax stamps tossed out for SBR's and silencers. And I know what you mean about being rendered deaf with an indoor gunshot. Several years ago at an indoor range the rangemaster called for everybody to cease fire and back away from the lanes so he could fix a stuck target down range. Everybody took off their hearing protection to hear him speak and the dude next to me fires one last shot out of his 308 - my right ear hasn't been the same since.
    A 308 on an indoor range? Must be one heck of a range.
    I would have been wearing double hearing protection. As a rule, I avoid indoor ranges like the plague. Too expensive, too many rules, too many hazards, and on some, too many cameras.
    I learned about indoor gunshots when I took a shot while standing next to a wall. That was bad enough.

A 308 on an indoor range? Must be one heck of a range.
    I would have been wearing double hearing protection. As a rule, I avoid indoor ranges like the plague. Too expensive, too many rules, too many hazards, and on some, too many cameras.
    I learned about indoor gunshots when I took a shot while standing next to a wall. That was bad enough.
    It's a pretty good range, rated up to all calibers except 50bmg. Where I live they passed legislation to forbid outdoor shooting in my county - so I have to drive to the next one up if I want to shoot outdoors and with my current job/family obligations I don't even have that luxury anymore. But yes, the rules are too many and ridiculous.

Laws are only obeyed by the law-abiding.

Criminals by definition, have no regard for law.

Suppressors/silencers have a lot of benefits for users as well as neighbors who object to the noise. There should be no regulations on them.
    However, committing a felony crime with such a device on your firearm, should get you an extra 30 years.

As for SBRs, pistols are everywhere. Attaching a stock or foregrip is a simple matter that a criminal can perform easily.

Pay a tax? fine, just keep it reasonable.

As for felony use of an SBR,

the penalty needs to dissuade individuals from even considering such actions. [see suppressors above]

Pay a tax? fine, just keep it reasonable.
    No.

The tax was originally designed to stop people from acquiring or owning them.
    It was backdoor gun control, made palatable by clever use of words.

Today the tax is gun registration, a precursor to confiscation.
    Again, unconstitutional action, made palatable by clever use of words.

So, the answer is No