April 18th, 2007, 04:38 AM
God's Salvation Plan for Mankind
Plan of Savation
The Roman Road to Salvation
I. Romans 3:10
As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one.
II. Romans 3:23
For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God.
III. Romans 5:8
But God commends His Love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Jesus Christ died for us.
IV. Romans 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.
V. Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
VI. Romans 10:9-11
That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture says, whosoever believes upon Jesus shall not be ashamed.
VII. Romans 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ shall be saved.
Your 4 Steps To Peace With God
God's Purpose: Peace and Life for you
God loves you and wants you to experience peace and life--abundant and eternal.
"We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 5:1
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16
"I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10
Why don't most people have this peace and abundant life that God planned for us to have?
The Problem: Sin - Our Separation from God
God created us in His own image to have an abundant life. He did not make us as robots to automatically love and obey Him. God gave us a will and a freedom of choice.
We chose to disobey God and go our own willful way. We still make this choice today. This results in separation from God.
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23
Our Attempts to Reach God
People have tried in many ways to bridge this gap between themselves and God...
"There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death." Proverbs 14:12
"But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear." Isaiah 59:2
No bridge reaches God...except one.
God's Bridge: The Cross is your Path to God
Jesus Christ died on the Cross and rose from the grave. He paid the penalty for our sin and bridged the gap between God and people.
"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ." 1 Timothy 2:5
"For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." 1 Peter 3:18
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Jesus Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
"If we walk in the Light, as Jesus is in the Light, we have fellowship one with another, for the Blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleans us from all Sin." I John 1:7
God has provided the only way.
Each person must make a choice.
Our Response: Ask Jesus Christ to save you
We must trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and receive Him by personal invitation.
"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." John 1:12
"That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
Where are you?
Do you want to ask Jesus Christ for Salvation right now?
Now is your Accepted Time For Salvation:
Here is What you need to do:
1. Admit your need (Lord Jesus, I am a sinner).
2. Acknowledge your path away from God and pray to Jesus as your only hope for salvation (see repentance)
"Jesus, I ask you for your salvation")
3. Believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins on the Cross, shed His life's blood to cover your sin, and rose from the grave to give you eternal life.
4. Through prayer, ask Jesus Christ to forgive you over your sins, to cleanse your spirit with His life's blood, and control your life through the power of the Holy Spirit.
A Prayer Example:
Lord God in Heaven,
I realize I am separated from you because of my sins and need Your forgiveness.
I believe you sent Your only Son Jesus Christ to be sacrificed on the cross for my sins, that His shed blood was spilled to cleanse my life.
I believe Jesus was raised from the dead on the third day to bring my new life in You.
I trust only in your full and completed sacrifice, and your shed blood for cleansing my sin and appeasing God for my sin debt.
Cleanse me with your blood, awaken my spirit and place me in Your perfect will for my life.
I trust in the finished work of Jesus Christ alone on His cross for my salvation.
Do Your will in my life as you do in heaven.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
God's Assurance: God's Word is Truth
If you prayed this prayer:
"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13
Did you sincerely ask God through Jesus Christ to come into your life? Where is He right now? What has He given you?
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8,9
By receiving Jesus Christ, we are born into God's family through the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit who indwells every believer. This is called regeneration, or the "new birth."
This is just the beginning of a wonderful new Life in Jesus Christ!
To deepen this relationship you should:
1. Abide in Jesus moment by moment, daily
2. Read your Bible everyday to know our God Jesus Christ better.
3. Talk to God in prayer every day.
4. Tell others how Jesus Christ can save them.
5. Worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Jesus Christ and the Gospel is preached.
6. As Jesus' representative in this needy world, demonstrate your new life by your love and concern for others and this world.
7. Read & Post threads in Rapture Ready!
When the new birth takes place many irreversible things take place. The Bible states that the one who is born again has:
1) Received everlasting life (John 3:16)
2) Been born again (I John 5:1)
3) Been born of incorruptible seed (I Peter 1:23)
4) This incorruptible seed remaining in him (I John 3:9)
5) Become a son of God (John 1:12)
6) Become a new creation (II Corinthians 5:17)
7) Been passed from death unto life (John 5:24)
8) Been exempted from future condemnation (John 5:24)
9) Been redeemed from under the law (Galatians 4:5)
10) Been redeemed from the curse of the law (Galatians 4:5)
11) Become dead to the law (Romans 7:4)
12) Received an eternal redemption (Hebrews 9:12)
13) Been reconciled to God (II Corinthians 5:18)
14) Peace with God (Romans 5:1)
15) Been justified (Romans 5:1)
16) All trespasses forgiven him (Colossians 2:13)
17) Been delivered from the power of darkness (Colossians 1:13)
18) Been translated into the kingdom of the Son of God (Colossians 1:13)
19) Been perfected forever (Hebrews 10:14)
20) His sins no more remembered (Hebrews 10:17)
21) His sins removed as far as the East is from the West (Psalms 103:12)
22) Been made complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10)
23) Been accepted of God (Ephesians 1:6)
24) Been born of the Spirit of God (John 3:6)
25) Been baptized by the Spirit of God (I Corinthians 12:13)
26) Been indwelt by the Spirit of God (I Corinthians 6:19-20)
27) Been sealed with God's Spirit (Ephesians 1:13)
28) Become the object of God's love (Ephesians 2:4)
29) Become the object of God's grace (Romans 6:14)
30) Become the object of God's power (Ephesians 1:19)
31) Become the object of God's faithfulness (I Corinthians 1:9)
32) Become a citizen of heaven (Ephesians 2:19, Philippians 3:20)
33) Been seated with Christ in the heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6)
34) Been already glorified (Romans 8:30)
35) Been given a home in heaven (John 14:1-3)
36) Been kept by the power of God (I Peter 1:5)
37) Been crucified with Christ (Galatians (2:20)
38) Been buried with Christ (Romans 6:4)
39) Been resurrected with Christ (Ephesians 2:6)
FACTS ABOUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST
1. The Blood of Christ provides a suitable covering for man's sin, guilt and shame. Genesis 3:21.
2. The Blood of Christ makes the one who offers it both acceptable to and accepted by God. Genesis 4:1-6.
3. Through the offering of the Blood of Christ, (we believers) have safety from the coming Judgment. Exodus 12:13.
4. The Blood of Christ was shed for the remission of our sins. Matthew 26:28; Ephesians 1:7.
5. Through the Blood of Christ, we have cleansing from sin. Revelation 1:5; 7:14.
6. Through the Blood of Christ we have redemption; this is, we are bought back out of the slave market. Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:14; I Peter 1:18-19.
7. Through the Blood of Christ we have peace with God. Colossians 1:20; Ephesians 2:14.
8. Through the Blood of Christ we who are "afar off" are "made nigh". Ephesians 2:13
9. Through the Blood of Christ, the guilt and condemnation we incurred, through the breaking of God's laws, is "blotted out". Colossians 2:13.
10. The Blood of Christ, called the Blood of God, bought us for God and Christ, and made us His own peculiar possession. Acts 20:28; I Corinthians 6:19; and I Peter 2:9-10.
11. The Blood of Christ purges our conscience so that our service to the Living God might be acceptable. Hebrews 9:14.
12. The Blood of Christ gives us an exalted standing, and makes us "kings and priests unto God". Rev. 1:5-6; 5:9-10.
13. Through the Blood of Christ we are justified before God. Romans 5:9.
14. Through the Blood of Christ we are sanctified. I Corinthians 6:11; Hebrews 10:14; 13:12.
15. Through the Blood of Christ we have eternal security and the assurance of salvation. Hebrews 10:10-14; 13:20; 9:12.
16. Through the Blood of Christ we are made "one" with all others believers-both Jews and Gentiles-in the new body of Christ. Ephesians 2:13-14.
17. Through the Blood of Christ we are reconciled-made right or righteous with God. II Corinthians 17-21.
18. Through the Blood of Christ we can enter into "the Holy of Holies", that is, into God's presence in heaven. Hebrews 10:19-22.
19. Through the Blood of Christ we have fellowship with God, and with His Son Jesus Christ, and with other believers. I John 1:7; 1:1-3.
20. Through the Blood of Christ He purchased for us "an eternal inheritance". Hebrews 9:14-15.
21. Through the Blood of Christ we have overcome the Devil. Revelation 12:11.
The word "blood" occurs 447 times in 357 verses in the Bible. The "Blood" (when it refers either directly or symbolically to the blood of Christ) is the very heart and core of the Bible, the true foundation of the Christian faith. Any departure from the Biblical message on the "Blood of Christ" is heresy or apostasy. It is plain that the message of the "Blood of Christ" is of basic importance in the Bible. If you would take the blood out of a human body, you would have nothing left but a lump of clay. If you take the blood out of the Bible, you have Bible that has no life-giving properties. It is a dead book rather than the "living book" that it claims to be. See Hebrews 4:12
THE TRUE GOSPEL CAUSES DIVISION
"And I will put a division between my people and thy people (Exodus 8:23)." Even from the very early pages of the Bible we find that there is a division between the people of God and the unsaved.
Abraham, who trusted in the Lord as his Saviour, was asked to separate himself from his family and nation (Genesis 12:1-3). Believers, by virtue of the fact that they are saved and are going to heaven, are separated from those unbelievers who are lost and going to hell. Also, believers, in their Christian walk and life style, are to separate themselves from the unsaved. II Corinthians 6:17 says, "Wherefore come out from among them and be ye separate."
Amazing as it may sound, Jesus tells us in the Bible that the message that He brought to the earth would cause division. We should not be surprised, therefore, because the Lord Jesus Christ has told us so. Let us look at what Jesus said in Luke 12:51-52, "Suppose you that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother-in-law against the daughter-in-law, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law (Luke 12:51-53)."
Wherever Jesus went, his message caused division and persecution. In John 7:40-43 we read, "Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet. Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee? Hath not the Scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was? So there was a division among the people because of him." Also we read in John 9:16, "And there was a division among them." And again in John 10:19 we read, "There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings. And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?"
Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven as He plainly stated in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
The message of the gospel is the power of God unto salvation. Paul tells us in Romans 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." The gospel is like a two-edged sword. For those who believe the gospel, they will be saved. For those who reject the gospel, they will be lost. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." For those who believe, they will have everlasting life. For those who reject Christ, they will perish. So as we have seen the message divides. It divides between the saved and the lost; those that are going to heaven, from those that are going to hell; those who have life, from those who do not have life.
I John 5:12 says, "He that hath the Son hath life, and He that hath not the Son of God hath not life."
Jesus told His disciples, "Woe unto you when all men shall speak well of you! (Luke 6:26)." We should not be surprised at the mixed reactions to the message of life and death. The Apostle Paul says, "For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things (II Corinthians 2:15-16)?
The Gospel message not only separates the lost from the saved, but also, sometimes, the saved from the unsaved:
1) The gospel divides the world into two groups: the saved and the lost.
2) The gospel also divides the Christians into two groups: those who will be faithful in the command to evangelize and those who oppose evangelization.
As believers, we are told that we "shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the Word of Life (Philippians 2:15-16)."
After Moses led the children of Israel out of Egypt, a picture of the redemption or salvation of the nation, Moses had to ask this redeemed nation, "Who is on the LORD'S side? Let him come unto me (Exodus 32:36)." I believe the question still must be asked today of those who know the Lord as their Saviour. Jesus Christ has commanded us to carry His message to a lost and dying world. The Great Commission is "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature (Mark 16:15)." Many believers want the benefits of the cross, but not the offence of the cross.
"Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God (Philippians 1:27-28)."
There is a division between those that preach the true gospel and those that preach a perverted or distorted gospel. The subtlety in this is that it often times sounds like the true gospel but is not. The test of the true gospel is grace. If the message excludes grace or mingles works with grace as the means either of justification or sanctification, it is "another" gospel, and the preacher of it is under the anathema (curse) of God. The Scriptures clearly say in Galatians 1:8-9, "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I again. If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." Therefore, the message that is perverted or distorted is accursed of God, and the one preaching that message is accursed of God. Usually, those who have been taught a false gospel will persecute those that teach the pure gospel. The Apostle Paul explained this in Galatians 5:11, "And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? Then is the offence of the cross ceased." Paul says that the true message of the gospel of salvation apart from human works will bring about persecution, but to mingle works with the true gospel takes away the offense of the cross. Therefore, we are urged in Scripture to stand on the Lord's side and separate ourselves from those that distort His word and change His message.
Are you a believer? If not, then trust Christ as your Saviour now, and He will give you eternal life. As a believer, are you on the Lord's side? If not, then align yourself with the precious message of the Lord Jesus Christ. God will bless you for it.
Why Salvation is not a Work:
We believe God's salvation method for us is Grace through Faith.
Our personal salvation is not a work, it is a free gift from God.
Prayer is not a work, turning from sin is not a work.
When someone gives you a free present on your birthday you did not work for it and did not pay for it.
Reaching out with your arms and accepting the free gift was not a work.
We cannot boast that we helped God in our salvation, although quite a very active action, it is passive on the recipient's part.
All you can do is believe and receive, anything else is adding to the gospel and should be rejected because our only claim to salvation should be what God did for us, nothing we did for God or for ourselves.
We follow Jesus after our salvation because we are now saved, we do not follow Jesus to stay saved because we are now grafted into Christ and He will not disown Himself.
Last edited by Buzzardhut; June 9th, 2009 at 06:52 PM.