Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (Was...A Mormon U.S. President - Could This Fit Into Prophecy?) Now is LDS a Cult?

C. Little Guest

Default (Was...A Mormon U.S. President - Could This Fit Into Prophecy?) Now is LDS a Cult?

Everyone seems to think that Romney has a pretty good shot at the White House. Have any of you thought how this could fit into prophecy? If the rapture occurs, a mormon president would not be raptured. How would he explain this that would fit into his beliefs?

Just a thought that occurred to me as I was watching the news this morning.

I do not want to guess who will be raptured, but everything fits into GOD'S plan.

SisterNChrist Guest

Quote Originally Posted by C. Little View Post
    Everyone seems to think that Romney has a pretty good shot at the White House. Have any of you thought how this could fit into prophecy? If the rapture occurs, a mormon president would not be raptured. How would he explain this that would fit into his beliefs?

Very interesting summation you have there, C. Little.

Hill Country, Texas - transplanted from Houston

I don't want to debate who is going either, but I did hear Romney in last nights debate saying that Jesus Christ is his one true savior... now...cultish religion arguments aside, how does he not qualify to go?

C. Little Guest

If you really dig into mormonism, you'll find that they have some really strange beliefs. They will also tell you that the Book of Mormon takes precedence over the Bible. They believe that when the book of mormon and the Bible differ, they must go by what the book of mormon says. They also believe that Satan and Jesus are brothers, and are both God's children. They also have a complete different view of who goes to heaven and who goes to hell. It really is basically a cult, with some pretty whacky views.
    Last edited by C. Little; June 6th, 2007 at 02:13 PM.

I agree about their wacky views, and whoever is president after the rapture will spin for the ac.

HisAlways Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tml1432 View Post
    I don't want to debate who is going either, but I did hear Romney in last nights debate saying that Jesus Christ is his one true savior... now...cultish religion arguments aside, how does he not qualify to go?
    Wow....I missed that. Thanks for sharing. Now, I'm really curious also why this would "disqualify" him from going.

Sleepy little town in southern North Carolina.

Default just putting this out there...

but Paul warned the church at Galatia about adhering to another other gospel, even if it were brought to them by an angel from Heaven. Just tacking Jesus Name to anything doesn't necessarily ordain it. ...But on the other hand, Mormon or not, I truly hope Mitt Romney has indeed come to a personal saving relationship with the One and Only Begotten Son of God.

Rondaben Guest

Many will come to him and say "Lord, Lord" and he will say "Depart, for I new you not." It's not your profession that Jesus is Lord that saves you, it is Faith. Faith in a God that you have created to suit your own beliefs is not Faith in Jesus---it is Idolatry and a false hope.

JohnnyHye Guest

Those of you who wonder why a mormon can't be a Christian despite stating that Jesus is their Savior have obviously not looked into what Mormonism really is. It would be wise of you to do so rather than simply "wondering" why they wouldn't be raptured or saved. Here is some information that will shed light on the subject for you.

Mormons have crafted their religion in such a way that they can say things on the surface which will make Christians think they are also Christians. Underneath it, however, are beliefs which change the reality of what they are claiming.

WHAT THEY TELL YOU: Jesus is their Lord and Savior and believe that faith in Christ is necessary for salvation.
    WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU: Jesus is not the same as God the Father, he is a separate god, not as high as "Heavenly Father". Jesus is the spirit-brother to all humans and Lucifer, we were all 'born' in the "pre-existence" to Heavenly Father and one of his many goddess-wives.

WHAT THEY TELL YOU: Salvation is by Faith in Jesus and His Death and Suffering
    WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU: Salvation is by faith "after all we can do", in other words, first you need to do all you can in works, and THEN to cover the rest of what you are unable to earn, faith in Jesus is necessary. Faith in Jesus is worthless if you didn't work first to do "all you can do". Also, Jesus paid for our sins by suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, and also a little bit by his death on the cross, but mostly from suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane.

WHAT THEY TELL YOU: Heavenly Father is the One True God
    WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU: Jesus is actually another true god who is lower in status than Heavenly Father. Also, while Heavenly father is OUR One True God, he was once a man like us, who earned his godhood through the magickal rites of mormonism, and before him his one true god was also a man once, etc. Also, we can all become One True Gods of our own planets, but we will never be gods to our Heavenly Father.

The Mormon religion is rife with blasphemy and teachings straight from Lucifer and Hell itself. Their main belief is that we can be gods ourselves, which is Lucifer's own sin of Pride when he said "I WILL be like the Most High". Also, because of the occultism in Mormonism, there is much sex worship, and a lot of what they look forward to is eternal sex with their goddess wives (I'm not sure what mormon women look forward to, to be honest).

Don't be fooled by some mormon LIAR like Mitt Romney. He outright lies when he says that mormonism is "christian" and is "no different from most" Christian denominations.

If he fits in with God's plan I don't know nor does anyone else. I definately will not vote for Romney or any other mormon who is up for president. The mormon faith does not believe in the same Jesus Christ that I do.

Default are are right

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHye View Post
    Those of you who wonder why a mormon can't be a Christian despite stating that Jesus is their Savior have obviously not looked into what Mormonism really is. It would be wise of you to do so rather than simply "wondering" why they wouldn't be raptured or saved. Here is some information that will shed light on the subject for you.

Mormons have crafted their religion in such a way that they can say things on the surface which will make Christians think they are also Christians. Underneath it, however, are beliefs which change the reality of what they are claiming.

WHAT THEY TELL YOU: Jesus is their Lord and Savior and believe that faith in Christ is necessary for salvation.
    WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU: Jesus is not the same as God the Father, he is a separate god, not as high as "Heavenly Father". Jesus is the spirit-brother to all humans and Lucifer, we were all 'born' in the "pre-existence" to Heavenly Father and one of his many goddess-wives.

WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU: Salvation is by faith "after all we can do", in other words, first you need to do all you can in works, and THEN to cover the rest of what you are unable to earn, faith in Jesus is necessary. Faith in Jesus is worthless if you didn't work first to do "all you can do". Also, Jesus paid for our sins by suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, and also a little bit by his death on the cross, but mostly from suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane.

WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU: Jesus is actually another true god who is lower in status than Heavenly Father. Also, while Heavenly father is OUR One True God, he was once a man like us, who earned his godhood through the magickal rites of mormonism, and before him his one true god was also a man once, etc. Also, we can all become One True Gods of our own planets, but we will never be gods to our Heavenly Father.

The Mormon religion is rife with blasphemy and teachings straight from Lucifer and Hell itself. Their main belief is that we can be gods ourselves, which is Lucifer's own sin of Pride when he said "I WILL be like the Most High". Also, because of the occultism in Mormonism, there is much sex worship, and a lot of what they look forward to is eternal sex with their goddess wives (I'm not sure what mormon women look forward to, to be honest).

Don't be fooled by some mormon LIAR like Mitt Romney. He outright lies when he says that mormonism is "christian" and is "no different from most" Christian denominations.
    THANK YOU FOR BOLDLY SPEAKING THE TRUTH
    ITS A CULT, PLAIN AND SIMPLE
    "Rise up my fair one and come away..The time of singing has come, my dove in the clefts of the rock ....for my beloved is mine and I am HIS..

Well, we had a Catholic in the White House, and the country didn't seem any worse off from that. JFK is the one who suffered the most from his time in the White House.
    And most people believe that Catholics are idol worshippers.

I agree that Mormonism is not a true Christian Church, but I fail to see how his religious beliefs would effect the White House.
    Aren't we supposed to keep religion and politics separate, and don't you think he would know enough to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMe View Post
    Well, we had a Catholic in the White House, and the country didn't seem any worse off from that. JFK is the one who suffered the most from his time in the White House.

I agree that Mormonism is not a true Christian Church, but I fail to see how his religious beliefs would effect the White House.
    Aren't we supposed to keep religion and politics separate, and don't you think he would know enough to do that?
    The original question was not how a Mormon would run the White House, but how his beliefs might explain the rapture.

JohnnyHye Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMe View Post

The difference is that Catholics at least share the same basic essentials of Christianity, and therefore Catholics can be real Christians. Those essentials are:
    - man fell from grace through Adam and Eve
    - all men are condemned in sin
    - only Christ's redemptive work on the Cross can save us from eternal punishment
    - Jesus Christ is God, as is God the Father and the Holy Spirit - One God in three persons
    - God is the only God that ever existed, He was never a man like us, and we will never ever be like Him, even after we are perfected in the afterlife and dwell with Him for eternity

That's why a Roman Catholic can be considered "Christian" by other Christians.

A Mormon can't agree on those essentials and still be a true Mormon. Therefore, Mormons are not at all Christians. Ever. They're each either a mormon or a Christian.

As for whether or not religion should have an impact on who is elected, that's an entirely different story. The problem for Romney is that he is in a party which has a voting base that does factor in heavily, or primarily, the faith of the candidate, and how "Christian" the candidate is. Many of these folks used Bush's professed Christianity as their primary basis in voting for him, and many of them continue to use that as their basis for trusting him. Now they are faced with a choice that's essentially between a Mormon and a Catholic. They will either abandon their "faith-based" voting and vote for a Mormon, or they will stick to their faith-based voting and vote for the Catholic since he is at least potentially a real Christian, or they will refuse to vote. Either way, if they choose to vote Republican, it is most likely they will be voting for a Mormon or catholic over a protestant Christian (which is most likely what the Dem. candidate will be).

Personally, I would not vote for a mormon whether dem. or Republican; at least not for President. In my opinion, Mormons seek to establish theocracies driven by Mormon principles wherever they are, and to have one as president would certainly put the nation at risk, morally. They are truly like Muslims - Mormonism is really a new incarnation of Islam, although people are completely unaware of this fact.

ATYCLB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHye View Post

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety,
    so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached,
    or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel,
    which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

2 Corinthians 11:3, 4

CelticMist Guest

Quote Originally Posted by C. Little View Post

How do you know he would not be raptured? If he has accepted Jesus into his heart.. then he will be raptured.

ATYCLB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by celticmist138 View Post
    How do you know he would not be raptured? If he has accepted Jesus into his heart.. then he will be raptured.
    The Mormon Jesus is not Christ. He is not the Savior.
    Mormonism is another Gospel, a perverted Gospel.
    There is no salvation found there.

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety,

"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into
    the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but
    there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
    But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto
    you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other
    gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."
    Galatians 1:6 - 9

CelticMist Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ATYCLB View Post
    The Mormon Jesus is not Christ. He is not the Savior.
    Mormonism is another Gospel, a perverted Gospel.
    There is no salvation found there.

"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into
    the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but
    there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
    But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto
    you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other
    gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."
    Galatians 1:6 - 9
    Then why do they have a photo of Jesus and the 12 Disciples on one wall .. with Joe and his bros on the other side? I think they do believe in Jesus... but they believe Jesus visited Joey in a vision.

Widowsmyte Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by me go! View Post
    but Paul warned the church at Galatia about adhering to another other gospel, even if it were brought to them by an angel from Heaven. .
    Abba...

What verse is this in Galatians? I have not read it this way before. Not germane to this thread, but how interesting! As you may be well aware of, the Koran was brought to Muhammad by the "Angel Jabril (Gabriel)" At least that is how he identified himself upon delivery thereof. Obviously, by extension... that would be a direct warning about the future (to the time the Book of Galations would have recorded this) advent of Islam.

Thanx in advance.

Widowsmyte