Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 261 to 270 of 270

Thread: Ex-Catholics Anonymous! Share your Testimony!

  1. #261
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cajun Country
    Posts
    1,773

    Default

    Daniel 12:10 is talking about the tribulation period so it has nothing to do with the Church.

    Zechariah 13:9 is all about Israel, not the Church.

    Malachi 3:2-3 is about the tribulation and the Israelites. Notice the "He will purify the sons of Levi". You can't just leave out parts of a verse to make it say whatever you want.

  2. #262
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Huskerland
    Posts
    476

    Default

    When Jesus told the thief on the cross that he would be with Him in paradise, the scripture does not say in a year, it says today! And it is also prefaced with verily, very important, telling a truth, Jesus clearly stating the man would be with Him in paradise that day. I came out of RCC, I feel like I had to be de programmed for years.
    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

  3. #263
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shonsu View Post
    Daniel 12:10 is talking about the tribulation period so it has nothing to do with the Church.

    Zechariah 13:9 is all about Israel, not the Church.

    Malachi 3:2-3 is about the tribulation and the Israelites. Notice the "He will purify the sons of Levi". You can't just leave out parts of a verse to make it say whatever you want.
    The Roman Catholic church is good at leaving out parts of a verse to make it say whatever they want.

  4. #264
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaser View Post
    When Jesus told the thief on the cross that he would be with Him in paradise, the scripture does not say in a year, it says today! And it is also prefaced with verily, very important, telling a truth, Jesus clearly stating the man would be with Him in paradise that day. I came out of RCC, I feel like I had to be de programmed for years.
    Yes, Jesus told the thief that today he would be with Him in PARADISE and NOT purgatory.

  5. #265
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Huskerland
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    yes, jesus told the thief that today he would be with him in paradise and not purgatory.
    Amen!
    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

  6. #266

    Cry

    Did anyone ever wonder why mary was always seen standing on snakes (serpents) in some of her statues? I did some research and it actually was supposed to be Jesus I think on them, so sad how people are deceived. I praise the lord that the lord drew close to me to lead me into truth. About a week ago I wanted to challenge the priest to see what his answer was on holy communion and this is what I did... priest=p me=m

    m: excuse me sir, I'm a bit confused (gotcha now) why do we take holy communion?
    p: it is the unbloody continuous sacrifice of Jesus at the cross
    m:didnt Christ do it all on the cross?
    p: (no reply)

    The Rcc is in need of serious help, there destroying Billions of souls, and making the Christian experience something of fear instead of love. Just afraid for my family cuz all 40 of em are catholics !!!! praying for all of them But thank God Jesus is coming soon, anyway, do saved catholics go in the rapture? cause I heard since the Vatican is the whore of Babylon, and Jesus said we should come out of her in order that we don not receive her plagues.
    God help us all

  7. #267
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    St Louis metro
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edgar king View Post
    Did anyone ever wonder why mary was always seen standing on snakes (serpents) in some of her statues? I did some research and it actually was supposed to be Jesus I think on them, so sad how people are deceived. I praise the lord that the lord drew close to me to lead me into truth. About a week ago I wanted to challenge the priest to see what his answer was on holy communion and this is what I did... priest=p me=m

    m: excuse me sir, I'm a bit confused (gotcha now) why do we take holy communion?
    p: it is the unbloody continuous sacrifice of Jesus at the cross
    m:didnt Christ do it all on the cross?
    p: (no reply)

    The Rcc is in need of serious help, there destroying Billions of souls, and making the Christian experience something of fear instead of love. Just afraid for my family cuz all 40 of em are catholics !!!! praying for all of them But thank God Jesus is coming soon, anyway, do saved catholics go in the rapture? cause I heard since the Vatican is the whore of Babylon, and Jesus said we should come out of her in order that we don not receive her plagues.
    God help us all
    Reformed, reborn, recovered former Catholic here... Catholics can be saved and raptured if they are saved. By believing in God's grace alone and Jesus' sacrifice as sufficient they are in a sense coming out of the Vatican. The key is to separate "religion" from salvation. I'm not saying it's easy for someone to be in "religious" practices that don't promote salvation through grace alone, but it is possible to go through the dead rituals out of habit, tradition, family practice and know in your heart the truth. Definitely wouldn't recommend this method but I know a handful of Catholics that for various reasons won't stop going to that church but I believe they are truly saved because despite no encouragement from the Catholic Church, they read the Bible for themselves, pray to the one and only God (not "saints" or Mary), and know they aren't and never will be good enough/do enough works and that it's only by Jesus' work they're saved.
    Toots

  8. #268

    Cry But still...

    Right now, I'm going to bible class in the church (Its the best I can do, and I told them if it can be taken from the bible I will accept which is very rare in the RCC) with only about 5 out of about a 100 and something. The 5, I think truly love God and I really think they are saved and they "walk the talk". And a few other 20 at most, But the remaining 75 are all "talk but no walk". If on average 25/100 (supposed to be 150 or 200) are truly saved (this is just a theory) then that is a seriously small number, and satan is wining. We must correct our catholic Brethren (yes, to me all those who believe Jesus is God are supposed to be our brothers) and show them truth. For most( not all) are unsaved because the gospel is so hidden and covered with mary and sacraments. In the first 14 years of my life I was never told the gospel, and still was never told to me by the priest or anyone else. so I was part of that 75. God help us, and save many before the coming end. Amen

  9. #269
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In God's Creation
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edgar king View Post
    Did anyone ever wonder why mary was always seen standing on snakes (serpents) in some of her statues? I did some research and it actually was supposed to be Jesus I think on them, so sad how people are deceived. I praise the lord that the lord drew close to me to lead me into truth. About a week ago I wanted to challenge the priest to see what his answer was on holy communion and this is what I did... priest=p me=m

    m: excuse me sir, I'm a bit confused (gotcha now) why do we take holy communion?
    p: it is the unbloody continuous sacrifice of Jesus at the cross
    m:didnt Christ do it all on the cross?
    p: (no reply)

    The Rcc is in need of serious help, there destroying Billions of souls, and making the Christian experience something of fear instead of love. Just afraid for my family cuz all 40 of em are catholics !!!! praying for all of them But thank God Jesus is coming soon, anyway, do saved catholics go in the rapture? cause I heard since the Vatican is the whore of Babylon, and Jesus said we should come out of her in order that we don not receive her plagues.
    God help us all
    Isn't there an old hymn (probably not a rcc one) that says 'I've been washed in the blood', speaking of the blood of Jesus? And old testament even teaches that without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins. So how does a blood-less sacrifice help anyone?

    I never realized the blood was missing until your post, so thank you Edgar king. No wonder the few times lately I have been in a Catholic church I have felt they were worshiping idols. The wafer is certainly not Jesus. Jesus was beaten and scourged, and pierced, and was bloody!
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

    1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

  10. #270

    Cross

    Praise God! that he gave you through me, knowledge , and that through you have given me the knowledge I was looking for!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •