Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who feels in ten years things will be the same

Default Who feels in ten years things will be the same

Not trying to set a date just a question who here feels we will be here ten years from now. Me personally I thought summer of 2006 would be my last. God is perfect in all he does.

His Bride Guest

I'm not sure about us not being here in ten years, but if we are I'm pretty sure that our track record shows that we will be worse than we are today. Pretty alarming thought. I sure hope the Lord takes us home before then.

Cassman Guest

No one really knows. Judging by what's happening around us in these times, would be a shocker to be here in ten years. For all we know the tribulation could be over by then. wow that is a crazy thought. In ten years i will either be 28 or be in heaven with the Lord and my family. Its really an interesting thread.

jgreen0227 Guest

How fast the labor pains are getting, I would be surprised if we're another 6 months!

People will become more callous and depravity will increase. Thats my forecast.

Quote Originally Posted by jgreen0227 View Post
    How fast the labor pains are getting, I would be surprised if we're another 6 months!
    Agreed!!

If we are here in ten years, I shudder to think about what shape we will be in, but you know what? I know how this story ends, and I know who wins>

In ten years I'll be just beginning to draw my "retirement" checks.
    Now THAT is funny!! With the national debt in the how many trillions, will there be any money left???

Still here in 10 years? I hope not. If we are, it will probably be almost unbearable. However, like Deputyez said...."we know how the story ends and who wins"!!
    "Even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Even so....come and take Your Bride away. How my soul longs to be with You, my Lord! Even so, even so, come, Lord Jesus, come!" (Rev. 22:20)...Terry MacAlmon Music Ministries

I'm kinda hoping that 10 years from today, the church will have been raptured 10 years ago.

lyngraphics Guest

Imagine what gas will be 10 years from now!!

Ick, I hate to think what life will be like in 10 years. Just go back 10 years 1998 and think how things have changed since.
    Wonder what will be acceptable in 2018, or being shoved down our throats.

Provided we are still here of course.

I suspect we'll still be here in 10 years, though the signs of the times increasingly point to a climactic result that is getting ever closer. While the time between now and rapture may not be the easiest of years to live in, they are exciting as well for Christians as we grow in anticipation of the great and wonderful day of rapture.
    Tall Timbers

LoveforChrist Guest

I'm curious what it is going to be like the next 4 years. Starting Jan 2009. Forget 10 years from now. Russia, Iran are getting to antsy.

Caver Guest

No. But just a personal opinion. If the rapture doesn't happen first (which I think it will), there is just no way I see this old world and her inhabitants still existing in the same form.

We'll be here in ten years, enjoying the millenium.

farmgirl Guest

I suspect if we are here in ten years we will be considered criminals for our beliefs. I would prefer meeting you all in heaven, but we may be cellmates. Don't worry I don't snore...much.

Quote Originally Posted by upNORTderHEY View Post
    We'll be here in ten years, enjoying the millenium.
    I think that's very possible. I also think that it is very possible that the church will be in heaven as the 70th week will be under way. If we are still here in 10 years because the rapture has not occurred yet, I think life will be very different for us than it is now. I think home schooling will be illegal in all 50 states and homsexual marriages will be the law of the land. I believe that the only churches operating "above ground" will be those that have been licensed by the state and will not be allowed to criticize other religious groups, alternative lifestyles or preach Jesus as the only Way. I believe sharing Christ will result in losing our children, confiscation of property and prison terms for the undeterred. I think it's also likely that Christians will have to wear or carry an identifier, so people will know to avoid us and employers will not hire us. I believe forced euthanasia will be the law of the land for the elderly, the mentally ill, the physically handicapped and anyone the state considers to be a "useless eater". Wild weather will become the norm and a day without a huge disaster will be a rarity.

going downhill and picking up speed.........

hopefully it won't be 10 more years

BackHomeAgain Guest

The technology that continues to develop at an exponential rate will not go on forever. There has to be a major setback, and soon. I always like to look at 3 aspects...weapons, computers, biotech. What was there at the time of Christ? How about when Columbus sailed the seas? The American Revolution? The US Civil War? WWI? WWII? The first Gulf War? Today? How about computers in 1965? 1978? 1990? 1996? 2002? Today? Medicine and research?

How much more time can there be to improve in these areas at the same rate? It can't be very long. It feels like a burnout point to me right now. With faith in Christ, you can predict how it will all come crashing down. Fools believe they control the world. If we know God needs 7 years to sort out the final mess, I can't see us being here in 10 years. With the US losing power, Islam, China, Russia, Israel with the crisis of the day....there is no set policeman to keep things in order. We are seeing the final power grab sort out right now.

mom211 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jadeeyes View Post
    I think that's very possible. I also think that it is very possible that the church will be in heaven as the 70th week will be under way. If we are still here in 10 years because the rapture has not occurred yet, I think life will be very different for us than it is now. I think home schooling will be illegal in all 50 states and homsexual marriages will be the law of the land. I believe that the only churches operating "above ground" will be those that have been licensed by the state and will not be allowed to criticize other religious groups, alternative lifestyles or preach Jesus as the only Way. I believe sharing Christ will result in losing our children, confiscation of property and prison terms for the undeterred. I think it's also likely that Christians will have to wear or carry an identifier, so people will know to avoid us and employers will not hire us. I believe forced euthanasia will be the law of the land for the elderly, the mentally ill, the physically handicapped and anyone the state considers to be a "useless eater". Wild weather will become the norm and a day without a huge disaster will be a rarity.
    I totally agree! I surely hope the Lord's return is soon. Satan wants our children and these are distressing times to raise children. I would dearly love to have one more baby in spite of all that is going on though. Sounds strange I know, but I suppose that might be a desire God has put within me. I'm going to be praying more for the Lord to protect my dear ones and for the Lord to return soon so our suffering brothers & sisters in Christ will suffer no longer. I can't even begin to imagine the distress and persecution they are enduring in other countries. We are so blessed and have it so good compared to believers in other countries, do we not?