Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: The Tattoo & Piercing page

I don't know the young fellow... have seen his name in the news. Since he's an entertainer he's in a very difficult business for Christians. I hope that he spends enough time on his knees to find the strength to walk the straight and narrow path. Hope he's able to share the Good News and have a positive effect on whoever his fans are.
    Tall Timbers

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Somebody having a tattitude?

Best to then merge this thread with tattoo Bubba where all the old ink eventually fades.....

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Default Get a tattoo and Jesus?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/07...est=latestnews

I just read this article on Fox and could not believe it. While I realize that church attendance has dropped and churches are looking for ways to bring people back, this was a bit much. There is a line and churches just keep crossing it. The scene of Jesus overturning tables at the synagogue came to my mind when I read this. The church is supposed to be a place of worship, not a tattoo parlor, or coffee shop, or bookstore, etc. What would Jesus think and say if he walked into the churches across our country...

I'm at the point now where all I can do is shake my head everytime I read/hear something. We just keep going lower and lower. How much longer, Lord?
    Last edited by God'sGraceInMe; January 7th, 2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling error
    "Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it."

— Luke 9:23-24 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    .....also, I hate broccoli, but I don't want to banish it to hell.
    That's good, cuz I love broccoli!
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Default Tattoos -at-work-show or tell

I think those with tattoos that are visible wants attention, especially when you see tattoo all over the body or all over one parts of the body.. However, I believe most of them who already have them have done so at a very young age. What they don't realize what they will look with tattos as they get older and what that means when they are searching for jobs. IMO, not pretty or attractive on folks older than 30. For example, I cannot picture someone who is a CEO in a business suit with visible tattoos all over their body, especially women. Young people don't think of the consequences when they do get a large visible tattoos. However, I do have one but you cannot see it and it is tiny. I saw an attractive blonde at a pool the other day with large tattoos on her back and right shoulder. It is popular among young people these days and like I said they don't think before they do it. I have heard some people regret having large or many tattoos as they have gotten older. One or two is not so bad as long as you cannot see it with any types of clothes on. Also I find it disturbing when I see a big tattoo with a word "PRIDE" capitalized across their back... seen one at the pool the other day too.

I don't like them, don't want them.

Actually, when really mentally ill I DESPERATELY wanted one, but figured once I got onboard with medication and all, if I still wanted it in a year, I could get it (and of course I didn't once my meds kicked in).

One guy at work is covered in tattoos. He's a hard worker, nice guy, and very likable, but no one would ever hire him to work in an office.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon9602 View Post
    I think those with tattoos that are visible wants attention, especially when you see tattoo all over the body or all over one parts of the body.. However, I believe most of them who already have them have done so at a very young age. What they don't realize what they will look with tattos as they get older and what that means when they are searching for jobs. IMO, not pretty or attractive on folks older than 30. For example, I cannot picture someone who is a CEO in a business suit with visible tattoos all over their body, especially women. Young people don't think of the consequences when they do get a large visible tattoos. However, I do have one but you cannot see it and it is tiny. I saw an attractive blonde at a pool the other day with large tattoos on her back and right shoulder. It is popular among young people these days and like I said they don't think before they do it. I have heard some people regret having large or many tattoos as they have gotten older.
    I agree.My son got one when he was 20.I tried to tell him the consequences of it.He hates it now and wishes he never would have gotten it.OOPS......sorry it is permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by IMSAVED View Post
    I agree.My son got one when he was 20.I tried to tell him the consequences of it.He hates it now and wishes he never would have gotten it.OOPS......sorry it is permanent.
    You can get it removed. But insurance will not cover it and it is costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon9602 View Post
    You can get it removed. But insurance will not cover it and it is costly.
    It is extremely costly.I think you can have them removed by laser.I have seen some that have been removed and alot of times you can still see the shadow of it.Alot of people have another tattoo done over it.Then you are back to square one.

Never really wanted a tattoo, myself, for pretty much the same reason I never really have ever wanted to get drunk -- I don't want to inflict the resulting pain on myself (tattoos involve needles, getting drunk involves hangovers). I've never really felt the desire to smoke, either, since I know what it does to one's lungs. I guess I never understood why anyone would want to do those things and possibly mess up their bodies, though I certainly don't pass judgement on those who have done those things in the past. They just were never for me.
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Quote Originally Posted by Musician in His house View Post
    Never really wanted a tattoo, myself, for pretty much the same reason I never really have ever wanted to get drunk -- I don't want to inflict the resulting pain on myself (tattoos involve needles, getting drunk involves hangovers). I've never really felt the desire to smoke, either, since I know what it does to one's lungs. I guess I never understood why anyone would want to do those things and possibly mess up their bodies, though I certainly don't pass judgement on those who have done those things in the past. They just were never for me.
    That is good that you have not had a desire to smoke.It is one of the worst addictions EVER to quit.Including heroin.

My SIL has a whole sleeve of tattoo's

Tattoos? Generally, I don't even go for logo t-shirts, lol!

If a person has earned the right to something, like Semper Fi on a Marine for instance, I can respect that.

Default Tattoos

I promised God a few years ago that i would ever get a tattoo as long a lived, never ever. I have not had any piercings or tattoos ever in my entire life and I never will. I don't think God want us to graffiti up our bodies, but to use them to honer and worship him. I have a girlfriend who had my name tattooed on herself and she wants me too do the same as well. But she won't understand lol, even when I tell her and she winds up sulking and treating me bad. But hey! Please pray that I will stay strong and continue to honer the Lord, despite the fact that everyone seems to be doing it these days even some Christin friends are getting tattoos. Tattoos originally have their roots in the occult and I believe come from Babylon and the worship of false gods. Also the slashing of the skin and drawing blood, is something that attracts most evil spirits and was sometimes used in idol worship. (the account of Elijah is one example). But yea! I just think we should honer God with our bodies, and my own personal decision to not get a tattoo is my in fact my own choice as an act of worship. To each his own! God Bless!
    The LORD will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem; the earth and the sky will tremble. But the LORD will be a refuge for his people, a stronghold for the people of Israel. Joel 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by Bound2Him View Post
    I promised God a few years ago that i would ever get a tattoo as long a lived, never ever. I have not had any piercings or tattoos ever in my entire life and I never will. I don't think God want us to graffiti up our bodies, but to use them to honer and worship him. I have a girlfriend who had my name tattooed on herself and she wants me too do the same as well. But she won't understand lol, even when I tell her and she winds up sulking and treating me bad. But hey! Please pray that I will stay strong and continue to honer the Lord, despite the fact that everyone seems to be doing it these days even some Christin friends are getting tattoos. Tattoos originally have their roots in the occult and I believe come from Babylon and the worship of false gods. Also the slashing of the skin and drawing blood, is something that attracts most evil spirits and was sometimes used in idol worship. (the account of Elijah is one example). But yea! I just think we should honer God with our bodies, and my own personal decision to not get a tattoo is my in fact my own choice as an act of worship. To each his own! God Bless!
    I think it is rather risky to have another person's name tattoo'd on your body.Except for MOM.

Default Piercings?

Can anyone tell me if piercings are wrong? My 14 yr old dd want to add a new piercing to her upper ear. Currently she has just the standard 1 hole pierce in each ear. Personally, I would rather she not but is it a big deal or am I just making it into one?

Yay! So confused!!!! Please help!!!!

ok, this is going to be a pretty long post, so I apologize in advance.

I am so confused on what to do about a certain situation. I grew up in a christian household. Went to church every Sunday, read my bible, prayed etc. Through my teen years I felt I strayed a little bit from my relationship with God. ( I did not sleep around or do drugs or anything like that. I just did not pray as often, and when I did, looking back, I feel that it was not heart felt.)

It might seem strange, however about the beginning of the year, I felt the passion for the Lord come back into my life. In my opinion I feel like I have grown stronger with my relationship with the Lord. http://rr-bb.com/images/icons/yeah.gif.

In February I got a small dove tattoo to symbolize my faith. I am thinking about getting another tattoo, but I am really struggling with the idea if I should get one or not.

I have spoke with friends and family members, and have gotten 2 different answers.
    1) first opinion I get is No, I should not get another tattoo, and I should have not gotten mine in the first place because of what Leviticus 19:28 says. "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord." I should feel bad that I received my first one, and repent.

2) The second opinion I heard, (and surprisingly my family agrees with this) Is that We are saved by grace (new testament) and not my law (old testament.) God cares about whats in our heart and our soul. Not what is on our bodies.

I understand that out body is the Lords temple. However I am also overweight, so I have sinned big time there. Getting a tattoo is of the world, and I know it is not something I "need". I am not embarrassed of my dove. I love it, and I love what it stands for in my mind.

I do strive for my actions to be as pleasing to the Lord as I can make them. I said that exact sentence to another friend and his answer was. "When you get up to heaven God is not going to send you to hell because of a tattoo."

Trust me, I would never get anything satanic or anything of the matter. The one I am thinking of is just a wolf and flowers.

I have prayed about this for a while. I feel that God is not giving me a yes or a no. I am not sure if my answer is just to wait...... or what.

Like I said, Just recently I feel that I have grown strong in my faith and my personal relationship with the Lord. I am trying my best to live in a way that is pleasing to the Lord. I am just really struggling with this. I am not sure what the best answer is.

Default witnessing ink?

I already have a dove above my ankle, that in my mind, represents Christianity to me. ( I did not want a cross that everyone seems to get)

I had an idea to get a bible verse with wings around it. Something very feminine. If someone sees it, and asks about it I can explain the bible verse to them, and maybe open their eyes.

I have thought long and hard about this and prayed about it. I was just wondering what some peoples view points are. If I did get something again, I would want it to be pleasing to the Lord. and especially in my generation I feel that it could possibly be put to good use.

I am not completely sure if I am even going to get this... (Im not sure if I can handle getting another one.... Im such a whimp! ) But I just wanted to get some peoples view points.
    Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace you are saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it IS the gift of god"