Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Psalm 83 War & Fall of Damascus

man4jesus Guest

Default Psalm 83 War & Fall of Damascus

I understand that after the gog/magog war that Israel will burn weapons for 7 years. As a gun collector, I am see more and more tactical plastic synthetic stocks and less and less wood. Do they still use wood stocks for middle eastern/Russian weapons. I do know AK-47s have wood stocks but i'mn ot sure how plentiful they are over there. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Theresa Guest

-
    Last edited by Theresa; August 10th, 2008 at 05:28 PM.

LukeL007 Guest

I have not seen any AK 47s or SKS with a synthetic stock, although many poor nations still use Vietnam Era weapons.

I have only heard a little about Lignostone. Weapons currently being made of this highly-compressed wood, and very burnable.

Sunny Guest

I believe that the most likely thing is the burning of the nuclear fuel that will be laying on the ground in Israel. They were meant for destroying Israel, but instead fall harmless and can be used for energy sources for some time afterwards.

Haven't done much research into that particular aspect myself, but I think that's what the consensus is amongst expositors/weapons experts....

It is interesting to note that new Russian weapons are being produced using a new material known as lignostone. Prepared from compressed wood-product, this material was developed in Holland to be used as fuel. However, the Soviet weapons laboratories discovered that this unique substance, called lignostone, is as strong as steel, light, pliable, and almost invisible to radar. These unique characteristics encouraged the Russian military to utilize this material in many military vehicles and weapons. One of the characteristics of lignostone is that it burns at very high temperatures and can be readily used as an alternative fuel. The use of lignostone, and the fact that mobile Russian military units can carry large amounts of fuel (in containers 100 yards across) for their tanks and helicopters, may explain the prophecy that the defeat of this army will provide ample fuel for Israel for a period of seven years. The prophecy recorded in Ezekiel 38:21 and 39:21*22 indicates that God's purpose in this extraordinary intervention in history is to glorify and sanctify His Holy Name in the sight of Israel and the Gentile nations. The awesome destruction associated with this victory over the Russian led armies will not be confined solely to the invading armies. God declared, "And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the Lord" (Ezekiel 39:6). Russia (Magog) will be devastated by the wrath of God, as well as those nations "dwelling carelessly in the isles" which may refer to Europe and America. Russia has pre-positioned enormous military supplies in Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, Libya, and Egypt in preparation for the coming Russian-Arab invasion of Israel. It is both easier and more efficient for Russia to airlift huge numbers of lightly armed men into Syria, Egypt, and Lebanon to pick up previously positioned weapons, than to airlift the military supplies for them. Military equipment often weighs five to ten times the weight of the soldier who will use that equipment. The same logic motivates the United States military to preposition enormous amounts of military supplies in Europe to be available for American and Canadian troops who would be flown into France and Germany in the event of a Russian invasion of Western Europe. The PLO, Iraq, Jordan, Libya, and Syria are themselves already so heavily armed that they have little practical use for this additional equipment.

Prophecy author, Grant Jeffrey gives some possible insight into the timing of the Magog invasion. He writes: Although Scripture does not indicate the year in which this future invasion and defeat of Russia will occur, the prophet Haggai gives us a strong indication of what the actual day may be. Haggai reveals that on the twenty-fourth day of the ninth month (Chisleu) of the Jewish calendar, the day before Hanukkah, God will deliver Israel as He did twice before on this day: (1) the defeat of the Syrian army and recapture of the Temple in 165 b.c. and (2) the British capture of Jerusalem from the Turks in 1917 during the closing battles of WW1. The prophet Haggai declares: "The Word of the Lord came unto Haggai in the four and twentieth day of the month [Chisleu], saying, Speak to Zerubbabel, governor of Judah, saying, I will shake the heavens and the earth; and I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms and I will destroy the strength of the kingdoms of the heathen; and I will overthrow the chariots, and those that ride in them; and the horses and their riders shall come down, every one by the sword of his brother" (Haggai 2:20*22).

http://focusonjerusalem.com/gogandmagog.html

mfa0830 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph The Carpenter View Post
    It is interesting to note that new Russian weapons are being produced using a new material known as lignostone. Prepared from compressed wood-product, this material was developed in Holland to be used as fuel. However, the Soviet weapons laboratories discovered that this unique substance, called lignostone, is as strong as steel, light, pliable, and almost invisible to radar. These unique characteristics encouraged the Russian military to utilize this material in many military vehicles and weapons. One of the characteristics of lignostone is that it burns at very high temperatures and can be readily used as an alternative fuel. The use of lignostone, and the fact that mobile Russian military units can carry large amounts of fuel (in containers 100 yards across) for their tanks and helicopters, may explain the prophecy that the defeat of this army will provide ample fuel for Israel for a period of seven years.
    Thanks for the info, JtC! Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I believe that the most likely thing is the burning of the nuclear fuel that will be laying on the ground in Israel. They were meant for destroying Israel, but instead fall harmless and can be used for energy sources for some time afterwards.

Haven't done much research into that particular aspect myself, but I think that's what the consensus is amongst expositors/weapons experts....
    Yes, you're right Valerie, that's the consensus from most prophecy scholars

Here are the verses describing the burning of weapons for fuel:

Eze. 39:9-10
    9And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:

10So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD.

and Eze. 39:12-16 describes a sort of nuclear contamination clean-up process:

12And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land.

13Yea, all the people of the land shall bury them; and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord GOD.

14And they shall sever out men of continual employment, passing through the land to bury with the passengers those that remain upon the face of the earth, to cleanse it: after the end of seven months shall they search.

15And the passengers that pass through the land, when any seeth a man's bone, then shall he set up a sign by it, till the buriers have buried it in the valley of Hamongog.

16And also the name of the city shall be Hamonah. Thus shall they cleanse the land.

This shows that seven months after the destruction, men will be sent out to identify the remains of bodies, but are not able to touch the bodies, instead they leave signs or markers next to the remains and then buriers come and finish the job.

HiHopes Guest

The reference to 7 years to burn the weapons could include the collecting, shredding and re-smelting (form of burning) of abandoned and destroyed mechanized equipment, and the blowing of munitions. (It's still going on in Iraq after nearly six years)

Preserved Guest

Quote Originally Posted by man4jesus View Post
    I understand that after the gog/magog war that Israel will burn weapons for 7 years. As a gun collector, I am see more and more tactical plastic synthetic stocks and less and less wood. Do they still use wood stocks for middle eastern/Russian weapons. I do know AK-47s have wood stocks but i'mn ot sure how plentiful they are over there. Does anyone have any insight into this?
    The Russian T-80 and T-72 Main Battle Tanks along with a majority of the AFVs in their inventory have reactive Armor on the outside of their vehicles it is designed to explode when hit with an explosive projectile to deflect the penetrating Core from entering the inside of the vehicle. This is made of a substance similar to our C-4. Although it is an explosive it is Highly flamable and many a Combat engeneer has warmed his coffee over a small peice of the stuff....

It is what is in the boxes on the front of this T-80

somekindofzombie Guest

I don't rally buy the lignostone theory. (I think it comes from a Jack Chic tract long ago) Russian tanks and vehicles are primarily made of steel. The boxes on Russian (and US) tanks are called explosive reactive armor (ERA). When one of those boxes are hit by a round, it explodes outward to counteract and divert the blast of a shaped charge coming into the tank. The stuff in the boxes is high explosives. I was in the Marines as a Combat Engineer and worked with a high explosive called C4. It was a stable, shapable high explosive that could be burned. In the Vietnam War sometimes soldiers would heat their C rations over some burning C4 if they didn't have sterno or heat tabs or something. In it's burning state, it only becomes explosive when hit hard (or stepped on!). The reactive armor does seem to come in handy little containers for a farmer with a screwdriver or wrench to come and get a couple on a cold day, doesn't it. And the prophecy seemed to state it was the shields that were taken, as well as the offensive weapons. Amazingly, only today and long ago was this possible that both offensive and defensive weapons were burnable. Read about Russian equipment here:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...sia/ground.htm
    Last edited by somekindofzombie; August 11th, 2008 at 06:08 PM.

mickeyboy2005 Guest

Chuck Missler's THE MAGOG INVASION view on Gog & Magog, states that Russian warheads or the uranium can only be stored away for 7 years.

His notes:

The Weapons Technology (Ezekiel 39)
    In Biblical battles, there is usually little attention to
    the aftermath and cleanup except here. Leftover
    weapons provide all the energy needs of the nation
    Israel for 7 years (Ezek 39:9-10). Shelf life of Rus-
    sian nuclear weapons: Seven years (what a coinci-
    dence)!

Links:
    http://www.infinityproductsservices....sion_Notes.pdf
    or
    http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=8&gl=au

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

I tend to believe that nuclear material comtaminates an area for a very long time and clean up will be longer than 7, but then how long did it take to clean up Japan?

I recal a report on the first "US Fritz" helmets that although a better protection against bullets, you could not boil water in one as it melted - burned. I believe new composits are constantly being developed and although durable and lightweight, they are expensive. Steel is still a preferred armour and laminated steel or chobham armour is not a good fuel. Reactive armour is often built in to the vehicle and more vehicles use space-armour or steel plates/mesh/slats that are spaced away from the hull.

Of course Russia with a big petro-chemical industry may adopt the chinese idea of vast numbers where cheep, light, burnable vehicles (dont forget fuel and ammo on board - they may not have to buy heating oil for a very long time) are the norm as todays modern ammo can just about kill any vehicle out there regardless.

If you look at history, Israel's first armoured vehicles consisted of trucks with plywood an steel plate bolted on (1940's) against arab armoured cars and light tanks. Interesting turn of history.

Most of the high-end rifles I've seen have plastic/composit stocks. Most of the cheep ones use wood. A lot of scrap steel, but alot of fuel.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....

Castle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofzombie View Post
    I don't rally buy the lignostone theory. (I think it comes from a Jack Chic tract long ago) Russian tanks and vehicles are primarily made of steel. The boxes on Russian (and US) tanks are called explosive reactive armor (ERA). When one of those boxes are hit by a round, it explodes outward to counteract and divert the blast of a shaped charge coming into the tank. The stuff in the boxes is high explosives. I was in the Marines as a Combat Engineer and worked with a high explosive called C4. It was a stable, shapable high explosive that could be burned. In the Vietnam War sometimes soldiers would heat their C rations over some burning C4 if they didn't have sterno or heat tabs or something. In it's burning state, it only becomes explosive when hit hard (or stepped on!). The reactive armor does seem to come in handy little containers for a farmer with a screwdriver or wrench to come and get a couple on a cold day, doesn't it. And the prophecy seemed to state it was the shields that were taken, as well as the offensive weapons. Amazingly, only today and long ago was this possible that both offensive and defensive weapons were burnable. Read about Russian equipment here:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...sia/ground.htm
    When stepped on?
    Man, I bet you guys were REAL careful, when walking around this stuff!!

sojourner Guest

The Israeli's are very smart people when it comes to provision of water and agriculture, etc. So surely they will figure out a way to "re-cycle" these weapons, whatever their composition may be. Ezekiel says that the G/M group comes to take a spoil,,,but that the Israeli's end up with a spoil from them. Could be that all of these weapons will have much fuel and oil in them, enough even for seven years of use. Waste not, want not............

PeaceOfChrist Guest

Question Is Psalm 83 the next War on the Prophetic Timeline? *Merged*

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been posted before, but here is a beautiful (although a bit outdated) flash video of Psalm 83 - A Prayer for Israel.

There is sound included in the file. Enjoy!

http://www.acwitness.org/psalm83english.html

Julian4JC Guest

Thanks for the video..

Wow, very nice. Thank you for sharing.
    Thank you, God, for my salvation!

Well done video! Thanks for sharing.

Awesome video.