Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778
Results 1,541 to 1,545 of 1545

Thread: Psalm 83 War & Fall of Damascus

The Omegga Letter floated an interesting theory. I, presumably like most of you, expected a Clinton victory due to the prophetic march of globalization. But the writer argued that President Trump recognizing Jerusalem as the eternal capitol if Israel may finally lead to end of the "trampleing of the gentiles". Not that it will be ethnically cleansed but it will be fully in Jewish hands.
    Now I am suffering a lot of pain right now and the Percocet is mitigating it. That's the blessing, the temporary dulling of my critical thinking skills is the other side of the coin though, so forgive me if my next thought isn't quite cogent or if I am missing something but...
    Doesn't the restoration of Jerusalem to Israel basically fufill the time of the gentiles? If so, The Donald's victory should put us that much closer to the Rapture no?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
    The Omegga Letter floated an interesting theory. I, presumably like most of you, expected a Clinton victory due to the prophetic march of globalization. But the writer argued that President Trump recognizing Jerusalem as the eternal capitol if Israel may finally lead to end of the "trampleing of the gentiles". Not that it will be ethnically cleansed but it will be fully in Jewish hands.
    Now I am suffering a lot of pain right now and the Percocet is mitigating it. That's the blessing, the temporary dulling of my critical thinking skills is the other side of the coin though, so forgive me if my next thought isn't quite cogent or if I am missing something but...
    Doesn't the restoration of Jerusalem to Israel basically fufill the time of the gentiles? If so, The Donald's victory should put us that much closer to the Rapture no?

http://www.omegaletter.com/articles/...ArticleID=8332

And here is an excerpt of that awesome article mustard refered too: Trump has made it clear that he would finally recognize Jerusalem as the sole, undivided capital of Israel, something no president has done since they recaptured the eastern half of it in 1967. Prophetically speaking, this is significant because Jesus said….and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. (Luke 21:24)

I am becoming less and less convinced that this means there will be a complete absence of Gentiles in Jerusalem milling about, as this has never been the case even when they were their own kingdom. But were President Trump, the leader of the world’s greatest nation, to acknowledge Jerusalem as the capital of Israel after 49 years of Israeli ownership, this could signal the beginning of the end of Gentile dominion as the world begins to enter into Daniel’s 70th Week. I believe that this is the only reason why it hasn’t happened yet.

*Put in another way, if recognizing Jerusalem as the undivided capital of Israel were to work in Satan’s favor, it would have already happened 49 years ago. But it doesn’t and this is why Satan has been working so hard to prevent this now through eight different US administrations.

Prognosis: This could also mark the time when Christians let their guard down in the United States. This supports the Biblically-based understanding that the church becomes largely lethargic and lukewarm. Hypothetically speaking, if Trump surrounds himself with as much Christian leadership (advisors and cabinet members) as has we have been led to believe, a Rapture would decimate much of our Executive Branch forcing a national realignment, in conjunction with an economic downturn.

Fascinating!! I had always assumed a Trump presidency would slow the prophetic clock. I suppose that's possible, but this thread also shows how God's plans can continue undeterred. Thanks for offering up this perspective.

Come quickly, Lord...even today!!!
    Matt. 7:21
    2 Cor. 5:21

Default Anyone else...

Is there anyone else that would have a better understanding or maybe some of their own ideas and opinions on the situation? I find this topic to be interesting and very exciting...

Quote Originally Posted by Free in Christ View Post
    Our eyes have certainly been on the Middle East with things
    I want to make sure, right up front, that I thank you
    for at least watching and asking questions.
    None of us have a perfect grasp on this subject,
    but each day, we seek to understand it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    In context, I don't believe we can tie 1 Thessalonians 5 to Ezekiel 38. The peace and safety, then sudden destruction is inside the 'Day of the Lord', which is in the tribulation period, IMHO. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    No, I think you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by drewbydoo View Post
    ...I've alaways believed/assumed ez38 would take place after the rapture, ...
    That is my belief, as well. Psalm 83 (title of this thread)
    is connected to Isaiah 17, and that may well happen before
    the Rapture. The fact is, though, we won't know for certain,
    until after it happens.