Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Gay Marriage - The Media, Hollywood and on State and Federal Levels *Merged*

Hybrid View

BornAgain123 Guest

Default U.S. Gay Marriage - The Media, Hollywood and on State and Federal Levels *Merged*

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26075383/

NEW YORK - The cost remains high, and a good lawyer is essential. Yet despite complications, the idea of becoming a biological dad with help from a surrogate mother is gaining allure among gay men as the status of "married with children" grows ever more possible.

With same-sex marriage now legal in California even to nonresidents, and Massachusetts extending its 4-year-old gay-marriage policy to out-of-staters, in-wedlock parenting is suddenly a realistic option for gays and lesbians nationwide, even if their home state won't recognize the union.

Fertility clinics and surrogacy programs report increased interest from gay men, while couples who already have children are getting married — or considering it — to provide more security for those kids.
    Only a snippet of the entire story...more can be read at the above link.

And so does Man continue to pervert and ignore the Design of Almighty God to sate their own perversions and abominations.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus!!!!

God bless.

jeshurun Guest

Thumbs down Brad Pitt Donates Money to Support Gay Marriage

Brad Pitt Donates Money to Support Gay Marriage
    Brad Pitt donates $100,000 to support gay marriage in California
    LOS ANGELES September 18, 2008 (AP) The Associated Press

Brad Pitt has donated $100,000 to fight California's November ballot initiative that would overturn the state Supreme Court decision legalizing same-sex marriage.

It's the first time voters will be asked to ban same-sex marriage in a state where gay couples already have won the right to wed. Same-sex marriage is legal in Massachusetts and California.

It's the first time voters will be asked to decide the issue in either California or Massachusetts — the states where gays have won the right to wed

Oh, boy...anytime now, Jesus.

I knew there was more than one reason I am not a fan of his.

lilbitsyspider Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WanttoKnow View Post
    I knew there was more than one reason I am not a fan of his.
    Well not to long ago he compared his feelings as a youth experiencing GOD and going to an rock concert gave him the same "High"..... He is very, very lost.

I'm not at all pleased about where he donated this $100,000 dollars to, but he and Angelina have given millions to foreign relief and aid all over the world, and he himself has also donated millions to Katrina aid and is helping to rebuild parts of New Orlean's. Considering that he gave only $100,000 seems strange compared to the millions he's given elsewhere.

Now, putting this in light of other celebrities, he and Angelina at least give and they give a lot. Most just sit on their behinds in their luxury homes and don't give a dime to charity or anything but themselves, and they expect us to listen to their political views because they are celebrities.

I don't support Brad Pitt's latest donation one bit, but at least this famous couple does give from the heart, not just to other countries but to the needy here in America too.
    Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed.
    ~2 Timothy 2:15

God said it, I believe it, that settles it.

antitox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecki View Post
    I don't support Brad Pitt's latest donation one bit, but at least this famous couple does give from the heart, not just to other countries but to the needy here in America too.
    Well, I've not a fan of Jolie's "Adopt-the World International." We sure could use some adoptions over here and less baby exterminations. If they give "from the heart," then Pitt obviously is giving from the heart to further gays' progress of re-conforming our society.

Most of hollywood primarily does their good will overseas and the majority of their protests here in America - at America.

I have no respect for them.

lovinlife4 Guest

I was never really a fan of Brad Pitt. When you have all that money, is there really no other better way to spend it? Wow!!

my brother calls him "arm pitt" i can see why.
    In God I Trust

Default ..

ya i hear his new movie is going to be called GAY CLUB...
    Last edited by turtle; September 20th, 2008 at 09:44 PM.

regionsteve Guest

Personally, I am so sick and tired of how Americans "worship" celebrities....the silly "entertainment tonight", and all the daily celebrity gossip shows, the celebrity magazines, etc.
    These people are not role models, or ones to look upon. All they have done is act, or sing, or play a sport.
    The saddest part is that with all the attention they get, they have a worldwide platform to tell of the love of Jesus...but none do because it may hit them in the wallet!

Quote Originally Posted by regionsteve View Post
    Personally, I am so sick and tired of how Americans "worship" celebrities....the silly "entertainment tonight", and all the daily celebrity gossip shows, the celebrity magazines, etc.
    These people are not role models, or ones to look upon. All they have done is act, or sing, or play a sport.
    The saddest part is that with all the attention they get, they have a worldwide platform to tell of the love of Jesus...but none do because it may hit them in the wallet!
    You hit the nail on the head.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 (KJV)

I am honored to have served our great nation.
    US Navy 1988-1992
    US Army 1992-1996

antitox Guest

I think some of them are the dumbest on the planet. Maybe that's the effect all that money and adoration has on them.

But they do tend to develop some of the most liberal worldviews around.

JY11 Guest

I'd guess that the vast majority of Hollywood doesn't believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Regarding Brad Pitt, does this surprise anyone? Would it surprise us if any of the Hollywood elite made a similar financial gift?

Doesn't he live in France now? Ummm I rest my case

NowAlive Guest

I think Mr Pitt owes another 100 grand in the fight for rights then.

"Because no one has the right to deny another their life, even though they disagree with it, because everyone has the right to live....
    Wonder if he even realizes what he said while supporting homosexuals?

HappyToBe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NowAlive View Post
    I think Mr Pitt owes another 100 grand in the fight for rights then.

Because no one has the right to deny another their life, even though they disagree with it, because everyone has the right to live....
    Wonder if he even realizes what he said while supporting homosexuals?
    Haha, good catch!

No2Flesh Guest

Hector should be given another chance to waste this vermin.

I will be showing my age when I mention that many of the books that I read as a child (many from the 19th century) when all actors etc were regarded as a low form of life and all such people were not "received in society". Far from being today's icons and idols, the acting fraternity were regarded as decadent and degenerate. Maybe society had a good reason for such belief. I do not think much has changed.

Even the so called religious, (espeically a certain sect founded by a sci-fi writer, I will not give them any publicity) do not show any examples of particularly examplary living.
    BelovedChild

Freedbychrist Guest

They are indeed a very lost couple. I remember when Jolie was in the magazines for being a bisexual gothic who liked to cut designs into her skin . . . She's been married once or twice before, right? Pitt was also married, left his wife for Jolie, who seems to have played a temptress role.

Perhaps they give to causes in an attempt to fix their own guilt about their lives. We should pray for them that they may come to Jesus, who can fill the void.