Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1824

Thread: U.S. Gay Marriage - The Media, Hollywood and on State and Federal Levels *Merged*

Thank you TimeWarpWife! Haddrea I think that's a GREAT answer!
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

I posted something similar to this on FB tonight. Please forgive the example...
    =====
    If a company run by gays was hired to perform a service for an 'adult business', like painting the walls in an adult theater while movies were playing inside, should they be compelled to do so?

Should they be sued if they refuse? Its a legal business, and the request is 'reasonable'...
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Quote Originally Posted by Haeddre View Post
    You know, I've been thinking recently about all the cliché PC words being hurled lately: "bigot", "closed-minded", "troglodyte"

I think I'm just going to start thanking people if they call me those things. I'm just going to affirm that I am, indeed, "narrow-minded," and I won't apologize for it.

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:13-14)
    Another name I've seen them use more lately is "old fashioned". If I ever get called that I'm gonna thank them. They will have no idea why I take that as a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by christiangrl777 View Post
    Another name I've seen them use more lately is "old fashioned". If I ever get called that I'm gonna thank them. They will have no idea why I take that as a compliment.

I like it.
    Couple of good ideas i will incorporate!
    Psalms 62:6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    It is positively amazing to me how successfully LGBT activists and their sympathizers have twisted the original issue into something else entirely, complete with a million straw man hypotheticals that are meant to confuse.

In spite of the hysterical propaganda we're seeing put out by the Left, Christian bakery owners are not "refusing to serve gay people" who come into their shop to buy a donut & coffee or other products. They're as welcome as any other customer. The only issue at hand is the legality of refusing to provide services for a same-sex wedding.

Some Christian bakery owners {or florists, photographers etc} cannot violate their consciences by contributing to such a ceremony by creating a symbol of a union they see as unholy. To them it would be the same as publicly validating something God tells us is wrong. The RFRA law is supposed to protect their choice to decline.

These Christians know they'll pay a heavy price for their obedience yet they remain steadfast. I greatly admire their example.
    Agreed with everything you wrote.
    Genesis 12:3 (NIV)
    "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth shall be blessed through you."
    A verse the world keeps forgetting about Israel.

Thumbs down Discrimination

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanybw View Post

I think it's ridiculous that this is being compared to what happened long ago with segregation and refusal to serve black customers. Because with that, it went beyond refusing service. A black person was not even allowed to step into a restaurant, or use the 'white' bathroom or water fountain. That is discrimination and is wrong.
    I fully agree! I, as a black man get fully enraged when the gay agenda compare this to the discrimination of blacks years ago! This current situation with Indiana is NOT discrimination! I call it bullying and persecution of us Christians. Most of
    us think persecution comes in the form of us dying for our faith like our Christian brothers and sisters in the Middle East,
    I feel it is persecution when these gay groups are trying to bully us Christian believers to go against what we stand for!
    It is sad when businesses and politicians are caving in to the bullying! I agree with a couple of posters here. I believe
    it's time for God to judge this country. Many Americans need a wake-up call. Spiritual blindness, persecution, all in
    the form of "political correctness" has made our country go insane!

On another note, I saw a video where a guy pretending to be gay walks into several Muslim bakeries just to see
    what their reaction would be if he asked them to bake a pro-gay cake, most of them turned him down (on religious
    grounds.) The Muslims received no flack for it, but us believers get all the flack for the exact same thing! Talk about
    hypocrisy!

Default Bye Bye Angies List

Quote Originally Posted by srogue View Post

By the way, if you have accounts with Angie's List, you may want to call and let them know how you feel, they have sided with the anti-faith bigots. Plus, and to my surprise, walmart has urged Arkansas' governor to veto their own RFRA that was just passed. I expected a little more from Walmart, but then again I am remembering the Walmart of my youth, and today I guess they are just another soulless corporation. I will be canceling my Sam's membership and shopping at my local grocers in the future.

Sad how fast and how far things are falling here in this country, Obama has been like a catalyst of depravity.
    I just sent a detailed e-mail to Angie's List, cancelling my account after 10 yrs. (5 in Indy and 5 in TN). I made it clear that the "poster children" for intolerance and bigotry are those spitting all the vitriolic rhetoric - not Christians. I also made it clear that as Christians we aren't the ones marching with nasty posters in front of their businesses, nor taking them to court on ridiculous charges, but yet we are viewed as "soft targets".
    I also went on Mike Pence's web page a couple of days ago to praise him, and of course, had to recant that yesterday on his Facebook page. AND WOW - you should have seen the nasty comments fired back at me from the LGBT group ! I bit my tongue, and just posted "expected and typical response", and left it at that. I keep thinking if ANY of them had ANY idea of what is about to come upon this world AND where they will spend eternity, things would change in a hurry. But, that's "pie in the sky" - not going to happen. These folks have made up their minds who they will "serve", and are doing his bidding.
    So where in the heck can we shop these days? No Target, no Walmart, no Sams, had to boycott Costco last year over the book issue, no P&G products, and the list is just about all the major companies in America. I eat a LOT of Chick-fil-A !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by God'sMan View Post
    I saw a video where a guy pretending to be gay walks into several Muslim bakeries just to see what their reaction would be if he asked them to bake a pro-gay cake, most of them turned him down (on religious grounds.)
    This literally could have cost Crowder his head.

Pretend gay man told... Try Krogers!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Homesick777 View Post
    Pretend gay man told... Try Krogers!

That's the video!The Muslims don't get any flack for standing up for their religion. I got an e-mail petition
    saying that the pizza incident was discrimination. I deleted it quickly. I refuse to sign a demonically inspired
    petition!

Quote Originally Posted by autumnrain View Post
    I like it.
    Couple of good ideas i will incorporate!
    Your welcome. They are also using words like backwards, bigots, haters, anti-equality, Bible thumpers, fanatics, gun-toters, religious fanatics or fascists. There are even more than that but I feel that's plenty. Hatred of true Christians is growing at a rapid pace just like the Bible said would happen in the last days.

Our local news interviewed the man who introduced AR religious freedom bill. The news anchor could barely contain her dislike of the man and his views. She looked like she could have rolled her eyes so far they would've went straight back into her head if she could've gotten away with it on tv. Even more ironic was she showed part of the interview last night and said the rest would air tonight after The Ten Commandments. I said out loud to myself how ironic to talk of The Ten Commandments and sin in the same sentence.

The world is totally blind to the truth. I long to see Jesus more everyday and I'm daily hating this world more and more and longing for righteousness. It's becoming unbearable to see sin praised and righteousness mocked. Please Jesus come soon!

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

As for Christians and muslims.....

Christians have bloody cheeks,

Muslims have bloody hands.

That's why there's such a hullabaloo.

Its like they are trying to get Christians to respond with hate, violence, and anger, so they can justify the persecution.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/azuca...703680320.html

An example of the hipocracy of the left. Apparently refusing service is ok as long as you are on the LBGT side of the argument. Apparently first ammendment standards don't apply equally. Apparently if you are a Christian business who refuses to compromise your beliefs, you get threatened and fined or shut down...but if you are a non-christian business who does the same you get free publicity and a pat on the back. Apparently you don't have to read all of the Bible to know what's in it - at least according to the business owner mentioned in this article. Apparently she feels it supports her viewpoint because: reasons...

Whether or not the person who ordered these cakes was trying to make a point, it is clear that the point was made: There is a huge double standard. Freedom of speach, expression, religion is only tolerated when it is politically correct. The media, and those looking for their 15 minutes of fame, have once again proven to be "useful idiots".

Useful Idiot: A political term for misguided supporters of a cause. A term for people perceived as propagandists for a cause whose goals they are not fully aware of, and who are used cynically by the leaders of the cause.

Need more be said...?! {mod snip; try to find mainstream source}
    Last edited by Kliska; April 8th, 2015 at 01:58 PM. Reason: source

Quote Originally Posted by God'sMan View Post
    I fully agree! I, as a black man get fully enraged when the gay agenda compare this to the discrimination of blacks years ago! This current situation with Indiana is NOT discrimination! I call it bullying and persecution of us Christians. Most of
    us think persecution comes in the form of us dying for our faith like our Christian brothers and sisters in the Middle East,
    I feel it is persecution when these gay groups are trying to bully us Christian believers to go against what we stand for!
    It is sad when businesses and politicians are caving in to the bullying! I agree with a couple of posters here. I believe
    it's time for God to judge this country. Many Americans need a wake-up call. Spiritual blindness, persecution, all in
    the form of "political correctness" has made our country go insane!

On another note, I saw a video where a guy pretending to be gay walks into several Muslim bakeries just to see
    what their reaction would be if he asked them to bake a pro-gay cake, most of them turned him down (on religious
    grounds.) The Muslims received no flack for it, but us believers get all the flack for the exact same thing! Talk about
    hypocrisy!
    Agree with every word you have said here. And yes, isn't it interesting how the Muslim bakeries get no flack? There are no gay couples demanding a Muslim bakery make their wedding cake. Nothing is heard but crickets. But us Christians, us horrible, evil, hating Christians! Just how dare we deny to bake their wedding cake?

As the mother of two bi-racial children, it offends me that they compare what is going on right now to what happened back when african american people were clearly discriminated against. What this nation did, from slavery up until the civil rights movement to where african american people were completely prejudiced against and treated as less than human, what we the USA did was HORRIBLE. However, it has nothing to do what is happening now with refusing to bake wedding cakes or photograph weddings, provide floral arrangements for said gay wedding.... just so NOT the same.

It would be different if they were not allowed to even step foot in the bakery, if they were refused to be sold a birthday cake or a box of bagels or whatever, solely because they were gay. If they had gay and straight bathrooms, water fountains. If all gays were forced to sit at the back of the bus or to stand up and give their seat to a straight person if the bus was too crowded. I would be against that. That is hate, it is prejudice. But that is not what is happening.

For me, no matter what the government decides, I will not recognize gay marriage. It's not possible because God created marriage and defined it in the Bible. The government can change the definition, can do whatever they want. They can redefine the word day and say that it now means when it is dark outside and when the moon is out, and redefine night to mean when it is light and the sun is lighting up the sky and providing us warmth. They can do or say whatever they want. It doesn't make it so.

Truth is, I love gay/lesbian people. I love everyone. I love them so much that I am willing to take a stand and say, 'No. What you are doing is wrong'. I pray for them and that they will come to know Jesus Christ. My children, I love them very much. But while they were toddlers and learning about the world around them, did I let them do whatever they wanted, let them run across a busy street, buy them each and every thing they wanted to have, condone whatever they did and say yes, yes, yes to their every desire and request? Nope. I said no, not because I didn't love them, but because I did.

Default NYT Writer: Christians 'must be made' to embrace gay lifestyle

NYT Writer: Christians 'Must Be Made' To Embrace Gay Lifestyle

In the wake of the Indiana donnybrook over religious liberty, which somehow was transformed overnight into a question of gay rights, it couldn’t be long before the New York Times weighed in against Christians.

Yet who could have expected the draconian measures the Times would propose? Either Christians fully embrace the gay lifestyle, or you will be coerced into doing so.

Op-ed writer Frank Bruni, onetime Times restaurant critic and a gay activist, has written that Christians who hold on to “ossified,” biblically-based beliefs regarding sexual morality have no place at America’s table and are deserving of no particular regard.

In one fell swoop, Bruni trashes all believing Christians as “bigots,” saying that Christians’ negative moral assessment of homosexual relations is “a choice” that “prioritizes scattered passages of ancient texts over all that has been learned since — as if time had stood still, as if the advances of science and knowledge meant nothing.”

In other words, if you still cling to your benighted views and your “ancient texts,” you are living in the past and your views merit no respect.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...gay-lifestyle/

As was already predicted, homosexuals aren't satisfied with only being acknowledged. They have gone on to demand the re-definition of marriage, and are trying to bully and coerce Christians who don't share their beliefs. I would really like them to try that on Muslims. The fact that they don't is pretty glaring, don't you think? It's because they know that underneath it all, they share the same god. Their shared god hates Christ and Christians. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. And also, if they push too hard with the Muslims, they'll get killed. Who is it that's pushing gay men off rooftops in the middle east at this moment? It's Muslims who are doing it. Not Christians. Where is the outrage from the gays in this country about what is happening to fellow gays in the middle east? Their hypocrisy is outrageous!
    Matt 16:27 | Rom 3:23 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Quote Originally Posted by christiangrl777 View Post

The world is totally blind to the truth. I long to see Jesus more everyday and I'm daily hating this world more and more and longing for righteousness. It's becoming unbearable to see sin praised and righteousness mocked. Please Jesus come soon!
    Amen to that! I just saw an article from a New York Times writer who wants us Christian believers to re-write the
    bible to accept gays! Spiritual blindness has made many people go insane these days! NOBODY can change the word
    of God!NOBODY! I was reading a book (from Pastor Greg Laurie) last night and it really fits in with the Religious
    Freedom Law. Satan used persecution and death to try to kill the early church. It backfired. The early church grew
    stronger because more people became believers during the persecutions. Today it seems that Satan is trying
    again to kill the church with all the bullying,persecution,and political correctness, but we saw on the news how us
    Christian believers are banding together,donating to the owners of the pizza parlor, florist, and fighting the lies
    put out by the left-media! Woe to this country when Jesus raptures us out of here along with the Holy Spirit!

On a side note. Us Christian believers and the Jews must be something special to make so many people hate us, persecute us, and put many of us to death over the centuries! You don't see this in the other religions at all!
    :

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanybw View Post
    And yes, isn't it interesting how the Muslim bakeries get no flack? There are no gay couples demanding a Muslim bakery make their wedding cake. Nothing is heard but crickets. But us Christians, us horrible, evil, hating Christians! Just how dare we deny to bake their wedding cake?
    It's the double standard that exists in this country. Especially when the Muslims can get away with certain things
    that they deem offensive, but as soon as a Christian does the exact same thing, WHAM! out comes the cameras
    and news media!

Just a little notation about Facebook, because I don't know where else to post this: I see more and more people, especially mainstream Christians, feeling the need to post or repost support for the gay lifestyle. I am a big "liker" by habit, but it has to be obvious when I don't like those posts. I am seriously thinking about paring down my circle of friends who I want to see my own wall, anymore. I think I want them to think that I am not around very often. How weird is that?

Memories Pizza is back open. Business is booming!

- A northern Indiana pizzeria that closed after its owner supported Indiana's religious objections law has reopened.
    - Memories Pizza owner Kevin O'Connor says he reopened about 4 p.m. Thursday. He says that within an hour, all eight tables were filled and six people were waiting for carryout orders. There were no protests as of 7 p.m.
    - O'Connor says he'll use some of his share of more than $842,000 raised online to make improvements. He also plans to donate to charity.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/09...s-law-reopens/
    Genesis 12:3 (NIV)
    "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth shall be blessed through you."
    A verse the world keeps forgetting about Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Haeddre View Post

As was already predicted, homosexuals aren't satisfied with only being acknowledged. They have gone on to demand the re-definition of marriage, and are trying to bully and coerce Christians who don't share their beliefs. I would really like them to try that on Muslims. The fact that they don't is pretty glaring, don't you think? It's because they know that underneath it all, they share the same god. Their shared god hates Christ and Christians. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. And also, if they push too hard with the Muslims, they'll get killed. Who is it that's pushing gay men off rooftops in the middle east at this moment? It's Muslims who are doing it. Not Christians. Where is the outrage from the gays in this country about what is happening to fellow gays in the middle east? Their hypocrisy is outrageous!
    I really believe that we as Spirit-filled Christians have the Restrainer (The Holy Spirit) living inside us that is holding
    back the evil in the world, hence why we are so hated and put to death in many instances. Many people such as the
    activist groups, the LGBT groups and the left want all Christians gone because we hinder them. God will grant them
    their wish and rapture all believers away, including The Holy Spirit who is restraining the evil in this world and they
    all will regret it when pure evil hits this world in full-force! (None of them have a clue what's coming. I sense it's soon!)