Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1824

Thread: U.S. Gay Marriage - The Media, Hollywood and on State and Federal Levels *Merged*

Quote Originally Posted by tbrian40 View Post
    I heard a watchman say, There is no political solution to a spiritual problem within America.
    This is true. That's why I believe America will not recover from this steep decline that's happening in all respects. We would love for it to turn around with the next president, but I see us as the band on the Titanic that continued to play while the ship upended to an impossible angle and then sank rapidly. The forces were so great against the ship, that nothing could stop it from going down. I can't sugarcoat how I see it. While this is a terrible thing, we know Jesus is coming. That's the beauty we can look forward to on the horizon, beyond all the evil and chaos in the here and now. This is not our home, my friends.
    Matt 16:27 | Rom 3:23 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Quote Originally Posted by Haeddre View Post
    This is true. That's why I believe America will not recover from this steep decline that's happening in all respects. We would love for it to turn around with the next president, but I see us as the band on the Titanic that continued to play while the ship upended to an impossible angle and then sank rapidly. The forces were so great against the ship, that nothing could stop it from going down. I can't sugarcoat how I see it. While this is a terrible thing, we know Jesus is coming. That's the beauty we can look forward to on the horizon, beyond all the evil and chaos in the here and now. This is not our home, my friends.
    Very well stated. If we as watchers believe the time is near, then that would mean our country has passed the Spirtual tipping point. I pray for those who are sitting on the fence, make a choice today, to believe in Him that the Father sent.
    Galatians 2: 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.

Personally, I believe the spiritual tipping point and the beginning of the end of the United States started in 1963 when the Supreme Court banned school prayer. What we're seeing now, with the same court most likely supporting homosexual "marriage" or kicking it back to the States, which most have already overridden the will of the voters who rejected it, is the death knell of this country. Truthfully, this nation deserves Barack Obama as its leader because as a whole it has been shaking its fist at God for the last 52 years. I believe God has reached His breaking point and the acceptance of homosexuality as "normal" in this country, instead of it being seen as what the bible says it is - perversion - is going to be the last nail in this once great country's coffin. Turn off the lights, it's time to go home, the fat lady has sung. It happened to the Greeks and Romans and now it's happening to this country.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeWarpWife View Post
    Personally, I believe the spiritual tipping point and the beginning of the end of the United States started in 1963 when the Supreme Court banned school prayer. What we're seeing now, with the same court most likely supporting homosexual "marriage" or kicking it back to the States, which most have already overridden the will of the voters who rejected it, is the death knell of this country. Truthfully, this nation deserves Barack Obama as its leader because as a whole it has been shaking its fist at God for the last 52 years. I believe God has reached His breaking point and the acceptance of homosexuality as "normal" in this country, instead of it being seen as what the bible says it is - perversion - is going to be the last nail in this once great country's coffin. Turn off the lights, it's time to go home, the fat lady has sung. It happened to the Greeks and Romans and now it's happening to this country.
    It is sad, but I think you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeWarpWife View Post
    Personally, I believe the spiritual tipping point and the beginning of the end of the United States started in 1963 when the Supreme Court banned school prayer.
    Exactly right.

Having lived through that era I remember that in a very short time frame -- @10 years -- our country began a swift downward slide, suffering one evil on top of the other from which we never recovered.

Almost overnight after God was banned from schools we saw the assassination of a President with other high-profile assassinations a few years later,

Gay rights groups sprung up while the Womens Liberation Movement bashed femininity, men, and marriage,

A movement Time magazine named "the new morality" celebrated promiscuity and drugs among young people,

Our soldiers were no longer honored but spit upon,

Racist Jim Crowe "Dixiecrats" took over the Democrat party under the alias "progressives", pretending to be champions of civil rights to harness the black vote,

Abortion became the law of the land.

Yep, I remember it all so well. Knowing that God does not stay where He's not wanted it's not difficult to see how our society became what it is today.

Default US. Supreme Court rules that Constitution gives gay people right to marry

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/supre...s&soc_trk=copy

I seriously hope it will not be much longer until Jesus calls us home.
    Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

Default Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...06-26-10-02-52

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court declared Friday that same-sex couples have a right to marry anywhere in the United States.Gay and lesbian couples already can marry in 36 states and the District of Columbia. The court's 5-4 ruling means the remaining 14 states, in the South and Midwest, will have to stop enforcing their bans on same-sex marriage.
    We tried, Lord...
    The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Default Supreme Court Favors Marriage Perversion

Just saw the news report. All states have to accept it.

Take one and pass it on!

The SCOTUS has decided that our Constitution gives homosexuals the right to marry. It is no longer up to the individual state to decide the matter.

full article here: https://www.yahoo.com/politics/supre...495807066.html

The Supreme Court has found a constitutional right to same-sex marriage, striking down bans in 14 states and handing a historic victory to the gay rights movement that would have been unthinkable just 10 years ago.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Never mind

Our country is now going to face judgment from a righteous and holy God.

-Lynn

We are Sodom and Gomorrah! We will face the Hand of Almighty God. We have turned a corner and are now a wicked nation.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    We are Sodom and Gomorrah! We will face the Hand of Almighty God. We have turned a corner and are now a wicked nation.
    Yep, we have turned a corner and there is no going back now Pray for the last of the lost more than ever

I fear this won't be enough of a "victory" for the LGBT community. I fear that it will only embolden them to go after churches/Christians that don't support it. This time, the law will be on their side. Things are starting to get really scary around here. Now, more than ever, I am so grateful to know that God is in control and I belong to Him!!!
    "Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it."

Luke 9:23-24 (NIV)

The stupid reasoning is that people should be able to marry whomever they love. Incest here we come.

They don't care that they just spit in God's face.

Take one and pass it on!

Even though I was expecting it, it feels like some shocking corner has been turned!

Quote Originally Posted by God'sGraceInMe View Post
    I fear this won't be enough of a "victory" for the LGBT community. I fear that it will only embolden them to go after churches/Christians that don't support it. This time, the law will be on their side. Things are starting to get really scary around here. Now, more than ever, I am so grateful to know that God is in control and I belong to Him!!!
    Amen!!!!!
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

Yes, indeed today is a very sad day for the United States. We need to pray for a revival .

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

and the war on us christians has started

next the churches and prayer ministries will be targeted for believing in the bible

this isn't about tolerance for the LGBT movement, it is about censoring Christians
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

So much for the concept of states' rights. And as a nation we continue to tell God that we know better than He does. Next up, attacking Bible believing churches and groups under the guise of protecting equality and fighting 'discrimination'.