Page 66 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1824

Thread: U.S. Gay Marriage - The Media, Hollywood and on State and Federal Levels *Merged*

Quote Originally Posted by grace-saved View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I am so saddened by this but also feel like giving up on our people.... Hard to see any sort of revival or enlightening for our country and her people now...
    I have given up in any redemptive sense for the country. That went out the window in the 60's.

Its just downhill and chaotic from here, imho.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    This has been the goal of Satan all along. Since Israel was reborn as a nation in 1948, a miracle God made possible by using the USA to win WW2, I believe Satan went after our country with a red-hot vengeance in order to destroy the Gospel.

In less than 70 years he has finally succeeded in rendering us another S & G. We are done.
    Well, he achieved his goal today. We only have to look at the empires of Greece and the Romans to see what happens to nations who view homosexuality as an acceptable, "normal" practice - they collapse. I've always wondered how God could not have mentioned a nation as great as the U.S. in bible prophecy. I believe, brothers and sisters, this is why. I also believe there are going to be grave consequences for this country because of this decision. And even graver consequences for God's church should Jesus tarry. Someone else mentioned that this isn't the end for those who practice the perversion of homosexuality because what they want is to rid this country - and the world - of those who disagree with them and refuse to accept them as normal. They want the Word of God that calls their perversion an abomination to God silenced. But, God being God, that's never going to happen no matter what these deceived, evil wicked people do. The U.S. has served its purpose to help birth the nation of Israel, that job is now done, which is also probably why we have the most anti-Israel POTUS in our history. Frankly, I don't look for that relationship to improve under the next liberal lunatic that's going to be elected - Clinton or Bush. Like I posted in another thread, it's time to turn the lights off and shut down the building because the fat lady has sung. It's way past time for us to go Home.

Luk 17:29

“but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.
    The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Quote Originally Posted by grace-saved View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I am so saddened by this but also feel like giving up on our people.... Hard to see any sort of revival or enlightening for our country and her people now...
    Revelation 22:11, He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
    2 Thessalonians 3:2 ...and that we will be rescued from perverse and evil men; for not all have faith

Many of the sinful wicked on this earth want nothing more than for all traces of Jesus Christ to disappear from the world. They especially would like to see Christians gone because we continue to be God's conscience to the evil here. But, they have no idea that when Jesus takes His bride to heaven that God's righteous judgment is going to rain down on them. I wonder if any of them will ever make the connection between missing Christians and the hail, brimstone, plagues, wars, blood turning to water, and other judgments that will come on them? Probably not, just like they don't see today as a dark day for the U.S. and that even darker days are coming for this country as a result of this horrible decision. I couldn't stomach to read any of the news articles or watch any of the broadcasts about it, but I'm guessing Kennedy was the swing vote like he was in yesterday's disastrous decision. Yep, really wouldn't want to be him standing before God at the White Throne Judgment if he doesn't get saved.

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

i am waiting for the comments from the seeker driven pastors on this ruling to come out

that will finally show once and for all, the seeker movement 's true colors
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Quote Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
    i am waiting for the comments from the seeker driven pastors on this ruling to come out

+1

Well this event will be the separating the sheep churches from the goat churches..as gay activists will sue in Federal court any church that refuses to marry them or accept their sin in church....

Quote Originally Posted by Musician in His house View Post
    No words here, either. Just a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach and a wondering how much further we will go before we are caught up. I pray it is not much longer. My prayer today is "just come get us, Jesus!" Maybe that is weak and cowardly of me, I don't know, but right now I am not feeling very strong. Maybe once the gloaters stop gloating (and it is sickening seeing some of the things they're posting), and things settle down, I will be able to rally a bit and get some "righteous anger" about me. Right now, all I feel is sad.

I feel the same way

Revelation 22:12-17

And behold. I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.

Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates and into the city.

But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

Come!
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

http://odb.org/

Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them. —2 Kings 6:16

Most of what goes on in the universe we never see. Many things are too small or move too fast or even too slow for us to see. Using modern technology, however, filmmaker Louis Schwartzberg is able to show stunning video images of some of those things—a caterpillar’s mouth, the eye of a fruit fly, the growth of a mushroom.

Our limited ability to see the awesome and intricate detail of things in the physical world reminds us that our ability to see and understand what’s happening in the spiritual realm is equally limited. God is at work all around us doing things more wonderful than we can imagine. But our spiritual vision is limited and we cannot see them. The prophet Elisha, however, actually got to see the supernatural work that God was doing. God also opened the eyes of his fearful colleague so he too could see the heavenly army sent to fight on their behalf (2 Kings 6:17).

Fear makes us feel weak and helpless and causes us to think we are alone in the world. But God has assured us that His Spirit in us is greater than any worldly power (1 John 4:4).
    Whenever we become discouraged by the evil we can see, we need to think instead about the good work God is doing that we cannot see. —Julie Ackerman Link

Lord, I’m tempted to fear what I cannot understand or control. But my security rests in You and not in what happens to me or around me. Help me to rest in Your unfailing love.
    Eyes of faith see God at work in everything.
    INSIGHT: Scripture speaks of unseen angels
    protecting God’s people (Ps. 34:7; Dan. 3:25-28; Matt. 4:6; Acts 5:19; 12:7). They are God’s “servants—spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation” (Heb. 1:14 nlt).

I trust in the Lord and His wisdom with all my might. That said, I agree that this decision is another win for satan...and another step in the demise of america. I believe the "spirit of the age" will focus more and more on the persecution of Christians, not just in america but worldwide. Note, this too was prophesied in Scripture. If we are broken up as gathering bodies, it will strengthen those of us that are left who meet at homes and/or in secret.

I think we should discuss and prepare for how to live in a very, very hostile to Christians land. On the positive side however, when I look around my rural community, everything appears much more sane, familiar, and noble. The big city up north is planning more and more gay events. This "rot" is birthed in the cities and seats of power, I think. It is good to stay away from that level of corruption.
    "Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God..."

Quote Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post

I know I shouldn't be surprised....but it's like the air got sucked out of the universe when I read this decision by the supreme court....and the cheering and celebrating....my spirit is very heavy right now.

I need to completely avoid my Facebook newsfeed today. It is full of elation over the SCOTUS ruling. Even my Christian friends. I was reading the comments on the K-Love radio page and there were some "Christians" that were calling all the other Christians hateful. I saw no hate speech... All I saw was scripture. Interesting. It is getting easier to see which side people are choosing. The pride of man knows no limits. It blows my mind that people think they are more enlightened than God or that He needs their help to be relevant. Concerning people defending homosexuality and saying that God is ok with it, I leave them with this: If you truly believe that God is the Creator of all things and that the Bible is His message to mankind, how can you think that God is ok with it. Yes, God loves that LGBT person. Loves them enough to die for them. But he hates their sin of homosexuality, just as he hates my sins (and I have a lot of them!). However.... If we believe that God created everything and knows every single thing that will happen from the beginning to the end of time, then isn't it safe to assume that He knew that homosexuality was going to be the big deal that it is now? And if He knew that this was going to happen and He was ok with it, don't you think He would have omitted any mention of homosexuality from the New Testament? Because God makes His feelings clear to us as to how He feels about all things. If He was cool with homosexuality, He would have said so, leaving no room for doubt as to how He feels about it. God did tell us in the Bible how he feels about it... He hates it!!! He says to stop doing it!
    Keep focusing on God, brothers and sisters. It is becoming increasingly obvious that we are not of this world. We belong to Jesus Christ and the world hates that. Hang in there! He'll be coming to pick us up soon!!!
    "Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it."

— Luke 9:23-24 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by dpetty121263 View Post
    Well this event will be the separating the sheep churches from the goat churches..as gay activists will sue in Federal court any church that refuses to marry them or accept their sin in church....
    This is my thought also. I hope I am wrong, but I believe we will see lawsuits spring up against Christian pastors who refuse to perform gay wedding ceremonies. The lawsuits against florists and bakeries were only the beginning. We may eventually have to start underground churches in order to not be forced to cater to them. I can only imagine how this grieves the heart of God.
    We all need to remember, Jesus Christ is our ONLY hope! This world is temporary and it is NOT our home. Praise God!
    Come quickly, Lord Jesus!
    Last edited by HikerLady; June 26th, 2015 at 01:55 PM. Reason: add something

"...but thou, O Lord, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head."
    Psalm 3:3

Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 2 Timothy 4:2-4

Quote Originally Posted by God'sGraceInMe View Post
    I need to completely avoid my Facebook newsfeed today. It is full of elation over the SCOTUS ruling. Even my Christian friends. I was reading the comments on the K-Love radio page and there were some "Christians" that were calling all the other Christians hateful. I saw no hate speech... All I saw was scripture. Interesting. It is getting easier to see which side people are choosing. The pride of man knows no limits. It blows my mind that people think they are more enlightened than God or that He needs their help to be relevant. Concerning people defending homosexuality and saying that God is ok with it, I leave them with this: If you truly believe that God is the Creator of all things and that the Bible is His message to mankind, how can you think that God is ok with it. Yes, God loves that LGBT person. Loves them enough to die for them. But he hates their sin of homosexuality, just as he hates my sins (and I have a lot of them!). However.... If we believe that God created everything and knows every single thing that will happen from the beginning to the end of time, then isn't it safe to assume that He knew that homosexuality was going to be the big deal that it is now? And if He knew that this was going to happen and He was ok with it, don't you think He would have omitted any mention of homosexuality from the New Testament? Because God makes His feelings clear to us as to how He feels about all things. If He was cool with homosexuality, He would have said so, leaving no room for doubt as to how He feels about it. God did tell us in the Bible how he feels about it... He hates it!!! He says to stop doing it!
    Keep focusing on God, brothers and sisters. It is becoming increasingly obvious that we are not of this world. We belong to Jesus Christ and the world hates that. Hang in there! He'll be coming to pick us up soon!!!

+1 !! I see more separation of wheat and tares with the homosexuality issues. "Christians" are elated. It's deplorable and it's about to get mighty uncomfortable for believers to speak truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy S. View Post
    Isn't is curious that animals don't mate with the same sex?
    I've actually heard and read that this is an argument that gay rights activists use; they say that there are documented cases of homosexuality in animals, and therefore it is normal.

Has anyone else ever read something like that?

Anyone who calls themselves a Christian, but who completely ignores the Scriptures that homosexuality is an abomination to God and homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God, should examine themselves to see if they truly are in the faith. I'm certainly not crazy about Jesus' command to not only forgive people who hurt, insult, and use me, but to also turn the other cheek for them to slap. But to ignore the commands we don't like is to be in sin and out of God's will. Unfortunately, Christians In Name Only just simply ignore the parts they don't like. I did read the posting of one deceived person who actually believes he's a Christian but who is a practicing homosexual and he said that God is love and that "love" won today in the Supreme Court. No, lust and perversion, aka the devil, won today. The battle was lost today, but thankfully Jesus has already won the war. This reminds me of how the Allies during WWII had to continue to fight battles even though the Nazis had surrendered in Europe, the Japanese, although defeated, refused to give up. It's the same with satan and his evil hordes - they're not going to give up until Jesus' version of the atomic bomb is dropped on them, aka The Second Coming of Christ. Until then, as good soldiers of the Cross, we are commanded to fight these battles and not become weary. Maybe we should all study the Scriptures about putting on the armor of God - we're certainly going to need it now more than ever. John MacArthur has a very good and detailed study about God's armor on his website. I didn't post the link because of his belief in Calvinism, I've done this study twice and as far as I can tell, it's biblically sound.